TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Hi, and thanks for the welcome :)

Re cheese I've been having the babybel lights, not my favourite but I can have them as my Healthy Extra on SW and the kids/OH don't like them so don't eat them!

I've set a target of losing 2.5 stone by Xmas which looks easily achievable, depending how I'm doing by beginning of Nov I may revise it to 3 stone.

I'm definitely becoming more muscular though, my legs particularly ( they've always bulked up quickly, prob due to lots of cycling and horse riding as a kid/teen. When I had my first pt session a couple of weeks ago I came out as having 52kg of lean muscle, which is apparently quite high, so the exercise I'm doing aims to make that muscle work :) but as well as my legs my core feels stronger even when I'm just walking etc.

I did ww previously many years ago and really liked it, but same as SW there are those aspects I really don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awesome hells, sounds great! I always say, there's nothing you can't do without the right amount of determination and focus :D Keep at it and if you're tempted to or even if you do slip up, come and tell us about it. We'll get you back on track asap! :)

Hi Hells - sounds like you've got it all under control and are focused. Get your stats updated (under your profile pic area) so we can see where you are in your weight loss "journey" (how very X Factor!!! :))

The only difference is that all of us are going to make it to the final. That and we won't win £1 million ;)

Hi, I'm 30, 2 kids under 5, work an office/on the road job and have gained 5 stone in 5 years! I was previously fit and about 11 stone-11.5 stone but gave up the gym in the first weeks of pregnancy number 1 and it all went downhill from there!!

I'm doing SW but not really staying to group as in all honesty I find it a bit irritating and there are some aspects I don't really get along with ( prob because I'm more of the tough love approach, lol) but I like the basic plan ( as long as no-one tries to encourage me to make a dessert out of options hot choc or a pizza out of smash- sorry! ) my main diet was fairly similar anyway sonit's mainly been cutting down the cheese, olive oil, bread, coleslaw etc, I know that my main weapon against the bulge is exercise!

I started at 16st 5lb on 2nd August and last WI had lost 9.5lb, but hoping this week I'll be close to a stone. I've set my target as 11st 5lb as that's a healthy BMI and the middle of my pre kids range, but it's more about being toned/smaller etc for me so am more going on being a toned size 12-14 again, I have no desire to be a skinny Minnie, but I want to be a fit one!

I have this pic on my phone as inspiration, I was actually about 11st 12lb there so according to BMI overweight, but I was muscular too, this is my ultimate target, to be a similar size and shape

Hells you look awesome in that photo! Its quite inspiring to see someone with a pic of where they want to be rather than a pic of what they DONT want to be again. I like this idea A LOT! I am going to start hunting through my pics to find one I like of me *goes off to find boxes of piccies under the spare bed!*

I am also on SW and I completely see your frustration at some of the people you meet. I don't go to a club - I just do it from home and use Minimins as a support tool but on here there seems to be so many people who are looking for any way possible to 'cheat'. I have tried a couple of the recipes when I first started - smash pizza and scan bran curly wurly cake to name a couple - but they aren't nice and I would rather use up syns on nice food. (The only one I do like is the scan bran ferrero rocher type things but I like scan bran in my diet in some form so I just have one or 2 every few days and syn them.) I do love all of the recipe ideas on SW though and think its def the way to go for me personally. We are a bit of a mixed bunch in here - all doing variations of different plans.

My downfall is chocolate - I have learnt that I cant really eat it in moderation so I dont eat it very often anymore. I used to eat it every day so this is a big deal for me. I used to munch on big bars most evenings (and have my daily 'twix fix' at lunchtime). I tried eating a few squares and synning them but i just couldnt stick to it so i curbed the habit completely.

Having a bit of an exercise break atm due to a little operation but I am walking more instead. I managed about 5 miles yesterday everyone although I was in a bit of pain after so maybe I will take it a bit slower today and not rush to get it out of the way!

Anyways glad you decided to join - you will meet the rest in good time! It would be good to hear about how you ended up putting the weight on - was it just a pregnancy habit that you picked up? What stopped you taking action before it got to 5 stone?

well im not going to group for 2 weeks,it should be my WI tonight but am sooo short of money this month (just one of those months) im gonna give it a miss for a couple of weeks, seems silly to pay to be weighed when i need the money elsewhere! im gonna go and weigh myself on the big scales up tesco in a bit just to makesure im keeping on the right track, but am not gonna update my stats until official WI on 25/09/2012, i think it will be a good confidence boost too to see a good loss "officially" even though it will be technically 3 weeks WI, havent done much running past few days as ive had a couch, i tried it and actually couldnt catch my breath back so am just gonna be walking til that clears up a bit.

Hello to Sparty and faery and the rest! Ok so a little about me and my goals . . . I've got a stone to lose since I started gaining after Christmas, a combination of the stress of my final year at uni and moving back in with the folks where there's always a (un)healthily stocked fridge and wine cellar has seen my weight go from 8st to 9st 1lb and I am DETERMINED to shift it! I don't feel at all comfortable at this weight, my clothes are becoming too tight and i just generally feel like a bit of a slob. I started on WW last week - not going to meetings or anything just doing it myself - and, as I said, only lost half a lb and went 23pp over my weekly allowance so not the best start. My ultimate goal is to get back to 8st by 8th Nov (my birthday) but I'm still trying to decide if this is a realistic goal. on the one hand it's 8 weeks away - so that's 2lb which seems fairly do-able but on the other, given that I haven't got that much to lose i know it's harder to shift the weight. but then i think I'm just making excuses just bloody get on with it!

I think I struggle the most with drinking too much wine and snacking when bored. And carbs. I bloody love carbs!! In terms of exercise I haven't been doing any since before Christmas and even then it was just yoga but I went to my first spin class last week and absolutely loved it!

Ok so that's just a bit about me, here's a link to my daily food diary so I really can't cheat by not telling you guys something! Please feel free to comment on where you think I'm going wrong and to give me a nudge if you think I need it and i will do the same for all of you!

India

ps 25lb since June faery that's amazing! What an inspiration!!

Hi Sparty, I didn't gain most of my weight during my pregnancies to be fair, I lost weight inbthe 10 months between pregnancies and was 13st 8lbscthe week adter my little boy was born... 3stone has gone on since my youngest arrived! Mainly just tiredness, stress, work, breast feeding etc (I breasted until he was 2.5yrs and he was underweight for a longtime so I kept being told to eat more!). I recently got a job nearer home which I start tomorrow and knowing I won't be commuting for 2-3 hours per day on top of working long days has made me feel I can actually start concentrating on ME for a change!

I also love chocolate, my trick is to just have a little bit of the kids ( like 3 chocolate buttons) then they demolish the rest, lol.

I'm waiting for a date for surgery in my thyroid and am very nervous about not being able to exercise much while recovering!

Sue I only use the app really so can't see the stats etc on here

Hello to Sparty and faery and the rest! Ok so a little about me and my goals . . . I've got a stone to lose since I started gaining after Christmas, a combination of the stress of my final year at uni and moving back in with the folks where there's always a (un)healthily stocked fridge and wine cellar has seen my weight go from 8st to 9st 1lb and I am DETERMINED to shift it! I don't feel at all comfortable at this weight, my clothes are becoming too tight and i just generally feel like a bit of a slob. I started on WW last week - not going to meetings or anything just doing it myself - and, as I said, only lost half a lb and went 23pp over my weekly allowance so not the best start. My ultimate goal is to get back to 8st by 8th Nov (my birthday) but I'm still trying to decide if this is a realistic goal. on the one hand it's 8 weeks away - so that's 2lb which seems fairly do-able but on the other, given that I haven't got that much to lose i know it's harder to shift the weight. but then i think I'm just making excuses just bloody get on with it!

I think I struggle the most with drinking too much wine and snacking when bored. And carbs. I bloody love carbs!! In terms of exercise I haven't been doing any since before Christmas and even then it was just yoga but I went to my first spin class last week and absolutely loved it!

Ok so that's just a bit about me, here's a link to my daily food diary so I really can't cheat by not telling you guys something! Please feel free to comment on where you think I'm going wrong and to give me a nudge if you think I need it and i will do the same for all of you!

India

ps 25lb since June faery that's amazing! What an inspiration!!

Hey India. Well firstly, your starting position is where a lot of us would like to be, haha. Your BMI is in the middle of healthy. That being said, I understand your position. I put on a lot of weight in my final year of Uni too and then I moved home. I was fortunate to work in a job where I was on my feet all day but I still put a stone in a year.

Focus on eating more healthily and exercising and I think you could be well on your way by your birthday. Just keep focused and don't get too disheartened by the fact that your weightloss will be slower than that of others- in comparison you do not have that much to lose. But good luck! And remember, everytime you give in, you're making it more likely that you'll given in this time. The more you resist, the easier it is to ignore the cravings.

Hi Sparty, I didn't gain most of my weight during my pregnancies to be fair, I lost weight inbthe 10 months between pregnancies and was 13st 8lbscthe week adter my little boy was born... 3stone has gone on since my youngest arrived! Mainly just tiredness, stress, work, breast feeding etc (I breasted until he was 2.5yrs and he was underweight for a longtime so I kept being told to eat more!). I recently got a job nearer home which I start tomorrow and knowing I won't be commuting for 2-3 hours per day on top of working long days has made me feel I can actually start concentrating on ME for a change!

I also love chocolate, my trick is to just have a little bit of the kids ( like 3 chocolate buttons) then they demolish the rest, lol.

I'm waiting for a date for surgery in my thyroid and am very nervous about not being able to exercise much while recovering!

Sue I only use the app really so can't see the stats etc on here

Definitely sounds like the right time to focus on you now you have a new job. Take it slow and steady and keep notching up the losses and you'll be fine! :)

emma_partington27 said:
1/2lb on for me deserved more after wat ive eaten

Right now Emma, stop mucking about and get back to it! Quit with the excuses lady - you know what you are supposed to be doing.

You have had a lucky escape with half a pound on if you are not sticking to plan. You haven't been in here for a while so give us an update on your last months WI results. Have you had some gains?

Why are you losing weight in the first place Emma? Write out a list of reasons and read them every day. How do you feel after the last few weeks - happy or annoyed with yourself?! Remember this feeling because you need to use it to stop yourself from silly binges and bad decisions.

What's going on exercise wise? Are you doing any at all?!

1/2lb on for me deserved more after wat ive eaten

Come on Emma, what's this? This isn't the you we like seeing, and I'm pretty sure it's not the you you like seeing either!

You had a nice time on your holiday- that's well and good Emma but the holiday is OVER and it's time you started taking this seriously again or you are going to keep going around in circles which is both demoralising and a waste of time. You need to plan your food, minimise snacking and get back on the exercise. We've all been down there when we feel out of control, but I guarentee that one or two days of being on it will make you feel that much better. You're out of control right now- so ask yourself, what's in control? The food or you?! YOU ARE. You make the choice to put everything in your mouth, you do not need to listen to your cravings and the more you give in to them, the easier you make it for yourself to give in.

I'm with Sparty- write down all the reasons but also write down everything you've achieved so far. This should spur you on to hit the rest of those goals. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. That should help the 1/2lb go asap and I think you still have 2lbs of holiday weight to get rid of- you could definitely get rid of the lot this week if you eat right and do your exercise. If you have a strong craving, come and here and tell us so we can help keep you on the straight and narrow. Do not sit there alone- it makes it easier to give in. You need us right now.

You've come so far and you've done so well. Don't let yourself down by throwing away all your hard work. Keep at it and get to where you really want to be. There's only a stone or so to go, you could easily be there by Christmas! Visualise yourself in an amazing outfit on Christmas day, showing off to your family how amazing you look. Wouldn't that be a great feeling?!

Go and find your fighting spirit!!

emma_partington27 said:
I know fl dont know wats got into me! But i have just been named and shamed in class by the PDA :( but suppose it was nothing less than deserved so after my consultant has give me a pep talk and a food diary im feeling more positive and motivated :)

What's the PDA Emma?

Emma try having some no added sugar squash instead of water. That often helps me with my hunger pangs. Or if you haven't got any of that then just have a piece of fruit - an orange maybe for some vitamin c

You can do it em - I know you can!!

Emma try having some no added sugar squash instead of water. That often helps me with my hunger pangs. Or if you haven't got any of that then just have a piece of fruit - an orange maybe for some vitamin c

You can do it em - I know you can!!

im at work and dont have any nas or spare fruit its nearly tea time so will eat then feeling abit betta :)

Back