TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Hi... Busy week so not been on much, have started a new job plus have been feeling awful with a cough/sore throat type thing.

Have not done any exercise since Tuesday, as went to bed as soon as I'd done lunchboxes etc last night, was really struggling. Have been good food wise though

Went to SW tonight though and had lost 2.5lbs so am ok with that, we did have a takeaway tonight as came home and the cat had had a bit of a litter disaster so I heeded to disinfect the kitchen, but I just had some mushrooms with a spoonful of boiled rice.

Am seriously lacking in energy this week though :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's a great loss, congratulations hells!!

Sounds like you were sensible with the takeaway too. Don't feel bad for having one- it happens. What is important is the choices you make. For example, I went out for a curry last week. Instead of having a Tikka Masala with Naan Bread, Rice and a starter, I had a small veg curry and a chapati. The end. Eating out is not a problem if you do your best to compensate for it in other areas and make the healthiest choice possible. :) And it sounds like you did well.

I agree Helen. You made a good choice for your take away and well done for your loss. I'm struggling a bit today as I'm do tired and didn't have time to make any lunch for work. My plan is to get some sushi from tesco as its only 1 syn per pack on EE and it fills me up.

Also had to go back to the docs last night as they mucked up my op and gave me an infection - lovely strong antibiotics for me. Hmmmph!! But I will be sensible today - I'm not going into the weekend a failure!

Well done for all the losses. Sympathy and hugs for all the struggles.
I only lost 300g this week. I didn't do enough exercise. Life just getting in the way. Anyway, 1kg to goal. Then, I'll have to adjust the goal down a bit more.......

hi guys, had a bit of a wobble. left minis for a while to try and get my head round everything. in ht e mean time ive lost 3 pound. im at my pre preggo weight which has been a sticking point for years, so just a pound will make me lower than ove been in 4 years. sorry ive been a bit distant and weird but for personal reasons i has to take time away

i have decided im re joining slimming world for maintenance purposes, i hadnt ever planned on reaching maintenance but i know i will now and i need a plan. i cant input everything into mfp forever can i? so im here and needing a kick, im sorry i went awol but i just needed the space lol. hope your all well ill catch up as best i can

BOOM! Operation Buffer continues with another 1lb loss. This is most unexpected but I am more than happy to take it! :D

conlou1 said:
hi guys, had a bit of a wobble. left minis for a while to try and get my head round everything. in ht e mean time ive lost 3 pound. im at my pre preggo weight which has been a sticking point for years, so just a pound will make me lower than ove been in 4 years. sorry ive been a bit distant and weird but for personal reasons i has to take time away

i have decided im re joining slimming world for maintenance purposes, i hadnt ever planned on reaching maintenance but i know i will now and i need a plan. i cant input everything into mfp forever can i? so im here and needing a kick, im sorry i went awol but i just needed the space lol. hope your all well ill catch up as best i can

Hey lou hope u r ok we missed u xx well dun on the 3lbs thats brill :)
Y do u need a kick up the bum?? Uve lost 3lbs!!!!

emma_partington27 said:
Hey lou hope u r ok we missed u xx well dun on the 3lbs thats brill :)
Y do u need a kick up the bum?? Uve lost 3lbs!!!!

Cos I lost the 3 pound last week and got a bit complacent and the scales look like I've put 2 back on :/ I don't think I've been THAT bad and it is lady fun time - sort of (won't go into
Details but they're all over the place). I'm struggling with getting into a routine as I'm working on a night and I'm still poorly, so just grabbing food as I go, then I'm ravenous at work
And it's crap food on tap, and I'm not managing to resist temptation all the time. My exercise is through the roof since being there I'm literally
Not stopping and I'm walking miles every day I just need to pull the food side round

Well done Emma that's great.

Not going to rethink my goal. I am happy to stay under the 10 stone mark, a couple more 1lbs off and that's my buffer sorted nicely.

THIS IS A BIG SHOUT OUT TO ROD. WHERE ARE YOU?????? :wavey:

Well done ladies on the lovely losses and good to have both Emma and Lou back!

The TL forum seems a bit odd recently but maybe everyone is reflecting on things and lurking a bit. I think rod weighs on a Friday so surprised to not see him?! I am sure he is on the jazz though - maybe he is keeping us in suspense with a massive loss!

Hope all is ok with the rest of the bassers - we miss you guys!

I've been both busy and lurking. Did my 26 mile walk along Offa's Dyke last Saturday in just over 8 hours then came home and signed up for the Paris Marathon. I ate a lot of carbs in the lead up to the walk and chowed down on flapjacks during the walk, but I had loads of energy and felt brilliant. All this resulted in a 2.5lb gain for the week, which put me 1.5lb over target but still in the zone!! Started boot camp last night and still doing loads of walking, running and gym as well as being really busy at work. So all is good for me in this balancing act of maintaining.

For me it's all about focus and being realistic about what you can achieve. Healthy eating and exercise go hand in hand, but you need fuel in your body to exercise effectively. Short cuts result in short term losses. The focus needs to be on long term changes, and I mean life. By signing up for the marathon walk back in January, I had 8 months to work towards my goal. I now have 8 months before my marathon run. I'll be doing boot camp once a week for 10 weeks before my proper marathon training starts in December. Small steps, repeated consistently is what is needed. Working towards a medium term goal helps me to stay focused and keep the weight off.

That's where I'm at . . .

Back