TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

sparty, as much as id love to get on my high horse and give you a telling off, ive been just as bad this weekend, i have the will power and i want to eat well, im just so poorly and tired. im literally eating anything just to get some food in me, im trying to make good choices but its hard when im not at home and am hungry. im pleased you have a plan of action. mine today is going to be resting, chilling out and im going to have soup for dinner and stir fry for tea, no snacking at all.

i like the no snacking for 3 weeks thing, i might join you on this.....was it faery? thats when i lost the most weight when i just had my 3 meals and no snacking at all.

Im really liking the sound of the no snacking for 3 week challenge, i think I will find that immensely difficult, but I am so competitive and I love a challenge!!

Who knew my idea would be so popular? :D So no snacking between now and 9th October. Want to carry on with it in here or have a seperate thread?

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

faery_lights said:
Who knew my idea would be so popular? :D So no snacking between now and 9th October. Want to carry on with it in here or have a seperate thread?

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Do a seperate thread Hun we might be able to get a group of us going, I'd like to cut out snacking for 90% of the time and really struggle to
Do this as every diet seems to
Advocate snacking between meals :/

Well done for being strong Emma!! I have never understood this either - apparently aldi is good for cheap fruit n veg but it's a bugger to get to for me! Grrrr

sparty said:
Well done for being strong Emma!! I have never understood this either - apparently aldi is good for cheap fruit n veg but it's a bugger to get to for me! Grrrr

I go aldi all the time got one up the street from me but if u dont go at the right time u get left with all the rubbish esp bananas and strawberries

emma_partington27 said:
I go aldi all the time got one up the street from me but if u dont go at the right time u get left with all the rubbish esp bananas and strawberries

I love Aldi, we get through about 15-20 pieces of fruit a day in my house so I'm always there stocking up on fruit and veg, I use Asda a lot too, the Aldi super 6 are great value. I popped in there tonight and bought;
Bag of apples
Bag of bananas
Pack of scotch pancakes ( kids not mine ;))
Pack of their gnocchi
Pack of their frozen Thai fish cakes (really lovely for a "throw in the oven" tea and only 3 syns in slimming world)

For £4.80, the super 6 this week are all veg; celery, carrots, onions, lettuce, cabbage (can't remember the last) but someone on a budget could easily make a huge vat of veg soup with those for about £2.

I was meant to go to the gym tonight but fell asleep putting my little man to bed at 7.30pm and woke up gone 9pm, grrrrr, gym shuts at 10pm so was too late so I did the home workout my PT gave me, so still did something, but am annoyed as I really wanted to go to the gym. I've booked my next PT session for 3rd October and would really like to see a reduction in my body fat by then so want to really work hard these next 2 weeks.

I have a course tomorrow, lunch etc provided, I must be focused and not get drawn into eating food just because it's there ( and free, lol), it is so hard at things like that though so I do emphasise Sparty, I'm going to see a couple of ex colleagues there that I haven't seen for a few months, so am curious to see if either mention that I've lost weight, even though I've only lost just under a stone I think it's quite noticeable in my face, so am curious to see if they say anything ( both are serial dieters so the sort that would mention it, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love Aldi, we get through about 15-20 pieces of fruit a day in my house so I'm always there stocking up on fruit and veg, I use Asda a lot too, the Aldi super 6 are great value. I popped in there tonight and bought;
Bag of apples
Bag of bananas
Pack of scotch pancakes ( kids not mine ;))
Pack of their gnocchi
Pack of their frozen Thai fish cakes (really lovely for a "throw in the oven" tea and only 3 syns in slimming world)

For £4.80, the super 6 this week are all veg; celery, carrots, onions, lettuce, cabbage (can't remember the last) but someone on a budget could easily make a huge vat of veg soup with those for about £2.

I was meant to go to the gym tonight but fell asleep putting my little man to bed at 7.30pm and woke up gone 9pm, grrrrr, gym shuts at 10pm so was too late so I did the home workout my PT gave me, so still did something, but am annoyed as I really wanted to go to the gym. I've booked my next PT session for 3rd October and would really like to see a reduction in my body fat by then so want to really work hard these next 2 weeks.

I have a course tomorrow, lunch etc provided, I must be focused and not get drawn into eating food just because it's there ( and free, lol), it is so hard at things like that though so I do emphasise Sparty, I'm going to see a couple of ex colleagues there that I haven't seen for a few months, so am curious to see if either mention that I've lost weight, even though I've only lost just under a stone I think it's quite noticeable in my face, so am curious to see if they say anything ( both are serial dieters so the sort that would mention it, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmmmmm, I think i may have to start going to Aldi once a week as that sounds really good value actually. I always use carrots, onions and cabbage so even just those would be good. I think I will try and get over there tonight at some point. Do you know what day they change the super 6 each week?

I like the idea of making soup to take for my lunch at work - I quite like making stuff the night before as long as its not too tricky. Today I have roasted vegetable pasta which I threw together while I was making my dinner last night.

Its really good that you made yourself do some exercise when you couldnt go to the gym - good motivation there! I walked to the station again this morning so already clocked up 2 miles for that and 1.2 miles walk from the train station to the office (3.1 miles so far today)

3lbs off this week taking me into the nines......AT LAST!!

Woo Hoo!! That's fab news Clanger - well done. Isn't it great when you get success like this - just makes you want to hit that next mini-target. :) xx

waaahh guys I've had such a disgustingly unhealthy weekend, 2 takeaways, loads of booze and now I'm struggling to get myself back on track. i already broke my cardinal rule of no alcohol during the week last night after a horribly crappy day but i need to not let my emotions rule my eating! emotions have nothing to do with food!! I went for an 8 mile walk on sat to repair some of the damage I made on fri but then had a chinese on sunday! Gah what is wrong with me!!

waaahh guys I've had such a disgustingly unhealthy weekend, 2 takeaways, loads of booze and now I'm struggling to get myself back on track. i already broke my cardinal rule of no alcohol during the week last night after a horribly crappy day but i need to not let my emotions rule my eating! emotions have nothing to do with food!! I went for an 8 mile walk on sat to repair some of the damage I made on fri but then had a chinese on sunday! Gah what is wrong with me!!

I know it's each to their own when it comes to finding a target weight, but India - you have a very healthy BMI and I don't understand why you want to lose a stone to take you to being borderline under-weight . . . You say "What is wrong with me!!" but perhaps there is nothing wrong. You are eating this food because your body needs it and you are drinking the alcohol because that's what a lot of people do in social situations.

Back