Tracking carbs / Marks apple

mismax

Hi,

I'm currently doing Slim & Save because I needed some rapid weight loss to pass a medical. I have lost what I needed to now but don't want to give up as I am still in the obese BMI range (had to be under BMI 32 for my medical)

I was doing something very similar to primal before I went on the VLCD and see it as the way I want to eat long term but I wasn't doing a good job controlling portion sizes and restricting my food intake enough to lose weight.

I'm continuing S&S for now but planning my refeed and continuing loss. I have read on Marks apple that for significant weight loss I need to keep my carbs under 100g a day. I was just wondering how people keep an eye on that?

Do you track calories as well or just carbs?

Thanks for the reply!

From previous experience I know that allows me to maintain but not lose - my problem is that I don't stop when full so I need another way to know how much is enough:(

Hi there, when i reached goal I stayed tracking carbs for a while to understand how my body works. Everyone can tolerate different amount of carbs. For me I'm happiest up to about 50g - if i have more than that then i get bloated and hungry (appetite issues!). Now i dont bother track and focus on primal good wholesome foods where ever possible. Even so i have to limit fruit significantly - i wont turn down a beautiful seasonal fruit - just make sure i only eat one after my main meal:D

If tracking will help you learn what works for you then great! If tracking keeps you in "diet" mode instead of lifestyle then i suggest you avoid!

Thanks Katie, that's helpful - can I ask what you use to track?

I used myfitnesspal as i could do web or any of my machines/phones. Problem was 2 fold - quantities are input by members so some way wrong as people dont necessarily pay attention to carbs and/or US based where they calculate slightly differently. And 2ndly, i started to get fixated on calories ..,

Gave up in may/june and focusing on how it feels. But needed to learn first about what's "safe" and good for me

Thank you!

if you use MFP; check on the how many people confirmed it. There are some like vegetables where it has like 500+ confirmations and different vales i.e oz/grams etc fro you to choose from!

Back