Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

That's great about your WI :)

Hope the blood tests come out ok.

Mis-behave said:
That's great about your WI :)

Hope the blood tests come out ok.

Thank you! Think I just have to face the fact that I'm an old crock, albeit a much slimmer one, lol. How's your shoulder? xx

TracyGWill said:
Thank you! Think I just have to face the fact that I'm an old crock, albeit a much slimmer one, lol. How's your shoulder? xx

Is all healed up just working on range of motion now, which is slow going and makes it ache something awful!! Yay for Tramadol :)

Me too Tracey :( they didn't offer me a blood test though just said my symptoms were typical for my age and basically get used to it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
Me too Tracey :( they didn't offer me a blood test though just said my symptoms were typical for my age and basically get used to it!

Lol, terrible, isn't it?! I must admit it would be very reassuring to find out the palpitations are "only" a symptom of menopause, as I've suffered from heart failure in the past, after I had my daughter, so get a bit twitchy about strange feelings in my chest! How old are you, Kat, if I can be so cheeky as to ask? xx

Think I might be joining you two ladies too! I'm 47, so at the right age. A few weeks ago I had terrible night sweats, though that has died down a bit. Oh the joy of getting older ....

My mum (68) swears by sage tea/ tablets to help with nigh sweats and loads of cold water.. And to always have a bottle of water in your bag for when you start feel too hot!

My mum started over dosing our food with sage - now I understand why lol

TracyGWill said:
Lol, terrible, isn't it?! I must admit it would be very reassuring to find out the palpitations are "only" a symptom of menopause, as I've suffered from heart failure in the past, after I had my daughter, so get a bit twitchy about strange feelings in my chest! How old are you, Kat, if I can be so cheeky as to ask? xx

I'm 44 Tracy :(
It's starting earlier than I expected but Apparantly the later you start your periods the earlier you finish. My mum was also about the same age. I'm not having constant symptoms they're fairly random but coming more frequently. Strange things such as being tearful, erratic, moody, periods being very late, very early, heavier, lighter. Nothing consistent but basically a pain in the backside. Hopefully though this will be as bad as it gets . I've made myself a bottle of Bach flower remedy with suitable things in to help calm the symptoms down

toofatkat said:
I'm 44 Tracy :(
It's starting earlier than I expected but Apparantly the later you start your periods the earlier you finish. My mum was also about the same age. I'm not having constant symptoms they're fairly random but coming more frequently. Strange things such as being tearful, erratic, moody, periods being very late, very early, heavier, lighter. Nothing consistent but basically a pain in the backside. Hopefully though this will be as bad as it gets . I've made myself a bottle of Bach flower remedy with suitable things in to help calm the symptoms down

Ooh, maybe I should get some of that! I haven't had periods for years - they stopped when I was on the Depo Provera contraceptive jab, and never started again when I moved back onto the pill, so that's no use as an indicator, lol. But I definitely hear you in terms of moodiness - I've even started to wonder if I'm bi-polar recently!! It's so long since I've had PMS, which used to be really bad, I guess I've just forgotten what it's like to be a slave to hormones. :) xx

Oh good grief, my Dad has just given me a HUGE hamper of Thornton's chocolates, as a thank you for helping him whilst my Mum's been in hospital. There's about every kind of chocolate, toffee and fudge in there you could imagine. Yikes!! He did say I could give them away as Christmas presents if I was struggling to eat them, lol. xx

That's really sweet :) and thoughtful :) saving you money when buying Christmas presents :)

Out of sight out of reach out of mind ;)

I know, he's a star, just so much chocolate! Good job I've got a brand new box of Xenical today, to help keep me on the straight and narrow, lol. ;)

Oh I'm still plodding along, thanks! Don't think I'm feeling much benefit from the op as yet, the effect on my other knee has been too severe unfortunately. But being 7 stone lighter is helping, lol. How's your shoulder? xx

Getting there I'm now 2 mths and a bit past opp and is feeling good - Physio makes it ache but am seeing a difference in range of motion, most weeks but its slow going :)

Made it to my 100lbs loss today - 7st2lbs - so quite pleased with that. Just a few pounds before I'm out of the Obese category, hopefully before Christmas?? :)

Back