trainers

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
need a good pair of running trainers.

price dosent matter as long as the product does the job.

my current pair hurt my feet if i wear them for long periods and ill need a decent pair for all the runs i have coming up!

also... when is the best time to switch to the new trainers? i dont want to ruin them whilst im training but at the same time i dont want blisters from using them first time during a long run

Last edited:
I only wear ASICS. The fit is perfect. They last ages, and dont spend £££ on celebs so you tend to get better value. still can be pricey but...

Do you know your running style? some are neutral (yay, that's me) some supinate and some pronate. Either get your feet checked on a pressure pad or check worn shoes or use this Finding your foot type - YouTube!

what distances are you doing? speed? also can you afford to alternate?

From this choose strutured or cushioned. If you are heavy for a runner choose stability whatever.

Asics gel nimbus are terrific as are trabuco trail shoes. I wasnt keen on kayano (very exp too) and I have the precursor to the 3030 which are a great workhorse shoe and have women's versions in all these. asics website is helpful too.

I get last yrs colours off ebay and save a fortune...

I wear them at home for a weekend before going out in them, never had blisters but if you are prone to them, talc your tootsies before you run and put old newspaper in your trainers to fully dry them. Friction+moisture=blister, so remove the moisture problem

I only wear ASICS. The fit is perfect. They last ages, and dont spend £££ on celebs so you tend to get better value. still can be pricey but...

Do you know your running style? some are neutral (yay, that's me) some supinate and some pronate. Either get your feet checked on a pressure pad or check worn shoes or use this Finding your foot type - YouTube!

what distances are you doing? speed? also can you afford to alternate?

From this choose strutured or cushioned. If you are heavy for a runner choose stability whatever.

Asics gel nimbus are terrific as are trabuco trail shoes. I wasnt keen on kayano (very exp too) and I have the precursor to the 3030 which are a great workhorse shoe and have women's versions in all these. asics website is helpful too.

I get last yrs colours off ebay and save a fortune...

I wear them at home for a weekend before going out in them, never had blisters but if you are prone to them, talc your tootsies before you run and put old newspaper in your trainers to fully dry them. Friction+moisture=blister, so remove the moisture problem

from that video i seem to be neutral

theres two 5k runs, possibly 3 and a 10k run in one month. dont really concentrate on speed just finishing

ill look at the website :D

Last edited:
amazon did have a 20% extra off (NOWGET20) for clothes and shoes - I just ordered a pair walking shoes got a bargain...

:( i didnt put the discount code in.... oh well

Back