trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Hi Valerie,

Well done on another good day hunni x

I totally agree with Steve...maintaining is so much harder than losing.

I've lost my excess weight several times...but I've never been able to maintain x

hi steve & skinnydawn i have to agree with both of u maintaining is hard work, i like you dawn have got to target too many times to mention but i have never stayed there for long and have put it all back on plus a bit more each time but in the past i have mostly done it by using quick fix diets instead of finding a plan i could really stick to, even now if i have an off day i think i'll do a fad diet to get a couple of lb off quickly but i know it's not the answer and tell myself i couldn't find a better plan than s/w why should i starve myself when i know if i follow s/w 100% i will get the results that i want (i feel quite virtuous now lol) i have been looking in magazines at the weights & heights (and on here) of different people and am wondering if my target is way too high, some are at my height and only weigh 9st :eek: that makes me feel like i am still humungous but i can fit easily into a 14 on bottom and 12 on the top. and people have been noticing my weight loss (one male friend said i looked too skinny :8855:) i think i'm a bit worried that i won't be able to maintain it if i go under 12st, i have been as light as 9st 3lb was a size 8 but that was 30 years ago ha ha lightest weight in recent years was 10.7 but my face goes so thin i look anorexic :eek: i think i'm happy with how i look (in clothes) but need to execise and tone up the wobbly bits :character00115: i have a recumberant exercise bike( nice & comfortable so no excuses for not going on it other than laziness) sitting on my landing but i keep forgetting it's there :rolleyes: think i will add it to my diary each day to remind me to get on it if i do a couple of 10 min stints on it will be better than nothing ;) sorry i've gone on a bit today got carried away lol enjoy what's left of the day love val xx

Last edited:
friday 28th october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- melon, latte (250 ml semi skimmed milk) (h/e a) banana
lunch- beef chow mein (only ate half) (8 syns) grapes
dinner- vegetable stir fry- red,green,yellow peppers,onion, green cabbage, white cabbage, carrot & bean sprouts. 1/2 bag chow mein noodles (1.5 syns)
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) melon m&s count on us chocolate mousse (4.5)
10oz glasses water- 1-1-1
10 min stint on exercise bike :eek: -1.5
79 syns - 14 = 63 syns left

Last edited:
Looking good Val. I think regarding the weight issue that it is a very personal thing. I have also set myself a target of 12st something because I also feel better at that weight. I will see when I get there but I think that a lot of these weight charts are misleading.

Hope that you have a good weekend Val. x

Hi Valerie x

I have the same concerns...

I worry I won't be able to maintain 10st (if I ever get there!) But I'll put my Target up again by half a st if that happens.

Whilst I don't want to put myself under too much pressure, I feel I just HAVE to try for the 10, especially as I'm so close to it!

I really don't think you should worry about what heights and weights other people are hunni. None of them matter to you! You have to settle on a weight that you're happy with. And remember, nothings set in stone...you can go lower or higher!

Have a super day hunni xx

saturday 28th october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- mango & banana
lunch- mug shot, apple & satsuma
dinner- new potatoes, bacon, tomatoes, garden peas brown sauce (2 syns)
snacks- latte (h/e a) hi-fi bar (h/e b) 2 treatsize smarties (7 syns) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns)
10oz glasses water-1-1-1
10 min stint on exercise bike-0
63 syns - 13 = 50 syns left

Last edited:
Regaring target. I went at first for Bmi (Normal rang required) then weight (changed it and now aiming for 3rd choice! - then I too want to hit 10st - just to say I have!! -it's a mythical magical barrier.

Eventually I will "settle" (if that's the word) for 10st 5lb (That will be 100lb since I began)

sunday 30th october

RED DAY
breakfast- banana
lunch- 2 eggs on toast (400g loaf) (h/e b) brown sauce (1 syn) fruit salad with grapes,apple,mango & pineapple
dinner- lamb,cabbage,carrots & runner beans
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) latte (h/e a) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) velvet crunch crisps (4 syns) m&s count on us chocolate mousse (4.5 syns)
10oz glass water-1-1-1-1
10 min stint on bike-0 :eek:
50 syns- 13.5 = 36.5 syns left

Hi Val,

Hope you had a lovely weekend hunni xx

monday 31st october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- fruit salad with mango, pineapple, grapes & melon
lunch- 2 w/w sausages (1 syn) bacon, baked beans, egg, mushrooms & tomato brown sauce (1 syn)
dinner- cornish "pasty" with asda w/m pitta bread (h/e b) + (1 syn) corned beef,swede,carrot & onion
snacks- grapes, melon, latte (h/e a) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) 2 treat size boxes smarties (7 syns) 2 m&s count on us chocolate mousse (9 syns) pkt velvet crunch crisps (4 syns) was a bit of a pig was hungry i should have had more to eat at dinner time
10oz glasses water-1-1-1-1
10 min stint on exercise bike- 0- being very lazy
36.5 syns - 27= 9.5 syns left

Last edited:
tuesday 1st november

RED DAY
breakfast- 28g porridge with scan bran :( (h/e b) made with water and dash of milk from allowance, latte (h/e a)
lunch- lamb kebab with courgette, onion & red pepper served with salad, lettuce, tomato & cucumber
extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
dinner- not having one had heavier lunch and it's food tasting at group tonight :rolleyes:
10oz glasses water- 1-1-1
10 min stint on exercise bike-1

Last edited:
Hope it goes well Val - it looks as though you've had a great week x

thanks guys i was really happy to lose the 1.5lb, i am away next week but will see if there is a class that i can pop into to get weighed think it will help to keep me on the straight and narrow :rolleyes: have a good day xx

weds 2nd november

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- beans on toast (2 x 400g slices) (h/e b) latte (250ml semi skimmed milk) (h/e a) melon
lunch- s/w quiche with bacon, peppers, onion, tomatoes & mushroom.
dinner- steak, salad with lettuce, cucumber,onion, tomato, mushrooms, grilled tomato. extra light mayo (1 syn) with garlic
snacks- 2 boxes treat size smarties (7 syns) hi-fi bar (6 syns) apple
105 syns - 14 = 91 syns left
10oz glasses water-1-1-
10 min stint on exercise bike

thursday 3rd november

RED DAY
breakfast- banana, latte (250mls semi-skimmed milk) (h/e a)
lunch- s/w quiche with bacon, onion,red pepper, tomatoes & mushrooms
dinner- bacon,2 eggs, tomatoes & mushrooms brown sauce (2 syns) toast (2x 400g wholemeal bread) (h/e b)
snacks- 2 boxes treat size smarties (7 syns) latte (250mls semi- skimmed milk) (h/e a) hi-fi bar (h/e b) 2 shapers mint chocolate bars (8 syns)
91 syns - 17 = 74 syns left
10oz glasses water -1-1
10 min stint on exercise bike-0 been lazy again :eek:

Back