trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

hi dawn i can't make my mind up whether i like it or not :rolleyes: got that congealed bowl full that i was going to have today but not feeling it at the moment lol
on the weight front i put on 5lbs :eek: i can't work out why it's that much when i weighed when i got back i had put on 4lbs (my scales weigh same as group ones) 2 days later i weighed and had lost 2lbs haven't weighed myself since then got on group scales and shock horror showed a 5lb gain have been good since friday so can't really understand but saying that i really went for it while i was away so perhaps it's just caught up with me, so now need to lose l.5b to get back to higher end of target :eek: am thinking my week of indulgence wasn't really worth it. xx

Last edited:
tues 16th november
EXTRA EASY
breakfast- pear & apple
lunch- mugshot with garden peas & sweetcorn
veg soup with swede,onion,cabbage,carrot & parsnip
dinner- chicken with s/w roast pots, cauliflower.parsnips, carrots & garden peas
came home from class throughly peeeed off and had large bowl rice crispies and 6 rich tea biscuits and no it didn't make me feel any better :cry:

i could easily stay on this destructive path but i DON'T want to put all the weight back on again so i have given myself a good talking to :nono: got to get back on track, i can't believe how easy it is to go back to the old way of needlessly eating :eek: i wish we could wave a magic wand and be able to eat like a "normal" person with out thinking about food 24hrs a day, was even thinking quick fix diet to get the lbs back off again but know this is not the answer s/w does work just need to follow it :rolleyes: so drawing the invisible line AGAIN .................. xx

Come on Valerie...you know you can do it xxx

Putting so much on in such a short time means its not 'proper' weight gain and will come off quickly too x

If its any consolation, I gained 4lbs between Friday and Monday but 2 days on plan and it looks like 3 of that has gone! I was a bit panicky and everyone told me it would come back off quickly and it has xxx

So don't despair and get back on it hunni. You'll be absolutely fine xxx

weds 16th november

RED DAY
breakfast- mango
lunch- veg soup, cabbage,onion,carrot,parsnip (h/e b) chicken leg (skin taken off) apple
dinner- bacon, egg & slice toast (800g size) (h/e b) brown sauce (2 syns)
snacks- pear & banana
500ml semi-skimmed milk (2x h/e a)
exercise:
2.27mile walk
15 mins on exercise bike
glasses of water-1-1-1
70 syns - 2 = 68 syns left
(decided to cut down to 10 syns a day)
i took my daughter to work this morning her friend gave me a huge slice of birthday cake which i put in the bin :) was feeling really low today so made myself walk to town feel much better now .

Last edited:
Come on Valerie...you know you can do it xxx

Putting so much on in such a short time means its not 'proper' weight gain and will come off quickly too x

If its any consolation, I gained 4lbs between Friday and Monday but 2 days on plan and it looks like 3 of that has gone! I was a bit panicky and everyone told me it would come back off quickly and it has xxx

So don't despair and get back on it hunni. You'll be absolutely fine xxx

thank you for taking the time to write on my thread it is appreciated especially as you have a lot on your mind at the moment :bighug:

thursday 17th november

GREEN DAY
breakfast- strawberry shape delight yoghurt, 2 weetabix (h/e b) 250 ml semi-skimmed milk (h/e a) sliced banana on top.
lunch- 3 eggs scrambled on 2 slices toast (400g size) (h/e b) latte (h/e a) grapes
dinner- pasta and tomato based sauce with onion. red peppers, mushrooms & tomato, oregano
snacks- apple, caramel wacko bar (5 syns) velvet crunch (4 syns)
exercise:
2.10mile walk
15 mins on exercise bike
glasses water -1-1-1
68 syns - 9 = 59 syns left

Last edited:
friday 18th november

GREEN DAY
breakfast- 2 weetabix (h/e b) 250ml semi-skimmed milk (h/e a) sliced banana on top
lunch- frozen mash pot (4.5 syns) ham (h/e b) beetroot,tomato & pickle (2 syns)
dinner- egg salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, radishes, & cress
snacks- latte (h/e a) grapes
exercise- none had poorly grandaughter
glasses water- 1-1-1-1
59 syns - 6.5 = 52.5 syns left

Last edited:
Hi Val, I hope that you feel better soon. Did you catch it from your poorly grandchild?
I am sorry that you have been feeling low about your gain. I know how you are feeling and how easy it is to fall into old habits. Looks like you have got your SW hat on again Val so your gain will soon disappear, I have every faith in you Val! Also thanks very much for syn list of shape delights, I have put them on my shopping list. xx

hi jane thanks yes think i've picked the bug up from grandaughter, there were 8 children off nursery with it, i can't remember what the bug was called but they had to disinfect all the toys etc, i feel a bit better today but still not eating a great deal no doubt i will soon make up for it, hope ur all ok love val xx

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Val. Had DS and family here since Thursday - they've flown home this afternoon. :cry: Little grand-daughter is adorable, just 3 mths old and slept right through each night until 7.30 am. I will really miss her but they will be back on New Year's Eve, so nice to look forward to that. :)

Hopefully I have been cooking good healthy meals but not going to weigh for a day or two - and will be good for a month up to Christmas! (I hope!)
:rolleyes:

Hello there Valerie x

I'm so sorry you're feeling so rough hunni :sigh:

At times like this you can be forgiven for not sticking to plan sweetie...the important thing is to make sure you eat something and drink plenty x

So you take care of yourself sweetie xxx

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Val. Had DS and family here since Thursday - they've flown home this afternoon. :cry: Little grand-daughter is adorable, just 3 mths old and slept right through each night until 7.30 am. I will really miss her but they will be back on New Year's Eve, so nice to look forward to that. :)

Hopefully I have been cooking good healthy meals but not going to weigh for a day or two - and will be good for a month up to Christmas! (I hope!)
:rolleyes:

hi rosie thanks it's lovely to hear from you x god that 3 months has gone quickly i bet u were very happy to see your family, i have had my little grandaughter again she is better today thank goodness :rolleyes: i have my daughter from wales and her family coming all over xmas i am getting excited having the kids here will make xmas for me it's boring when the kids have grown up lol, have a good week love val x

monday 21st november

RED DAY
breakfast- banana- latte (h/e a)
lunch- pear, cereal bar (5 syns)
dinner- egg, cress & salad cream (2 syns) sandwich (from 800g loaf) (2xh/e b)
snacks- latte (h/e a)
have done a bit better foodwise today and did get all my h/e's

Hey Val, just checking up on you! Sorry to hear that you're poorly, guess it's the season for all those coughs and colds and bugs now it's getting colder. Bad luck on the freaky gain - you'll have that off in no time. Keep focused hun, it's not worth undoing all your hard work because you're peeved about it. WI will be interesting this week as you've been eating so little!

Back