trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

eeek just realised i have been on here since 9 it's now 11.30 and i'm still in my jim jams god i hope no-one comes to the door they will think i'm a right lazy so and so ha ha, right better get showered ........

TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY
EXTRA EASY
breakfast- melon, latte (h/e a)
lunch- veg stir fry- green & white cabbage, carrot, red, green & yellow peppers, bean sprouts & onion
dinner- roast pork, cabbage, carrots, runner beans new pots
snacks- apple, mango & pineapple fibre plus bar (h/e b)
saving my syns for food tasting tonight

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY 1ST FEBRUARY
EXTRA EASY
breakfast- melon, pancakes (h/e b)
lunch- veg stir fry, green & white cabbage, carrot,onion,bean sprouts & red pepper. soy sauce
dinner- spaghetti bolognese with mince, red,green & yellow peppers, onion, & mushrooms, pasta
snacks- latte (h/e a) pear

Last edited:
THURSDAY 2ND FEBRUARY
EXTRA EASY
breakfast- mango, latte (h/e a)
lunch- bacon & mushroom omelette with lettuce,onion,cue & tomato
dinner- roast beef,sprouts,parsnips,carrots & swede
snacks- fibre plus bar (h/e b) velvet crunch (4 syns)

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

This picture is mine.

14nllbp.jpg
:D

I used a Weight Watchers Toffee Apple yogurt with 2 eggs and an Oats So Simple. Obviously because there is less yogurt than a Muller and less oats than a new HEb, I only used 2 eggs. It made 6 pancakes. I served with a side of banana and a 2 syn drizzle of honey.

Now, because we have soooo many choices of yogurt, you can really experiment with flavours and toppings! I can't wait to try banana muller with nutella on top and raspberries on the side!

Try it, I promise it's lovely - and PERFECT for pancake day coming up!

They are not like crepes, they are more like the 'American' stacking style pancakes.

Enjoy! I got this recipe from the Slimming World facebook group, from a genius called Tracey, so I can't take credit for it. But I CAN tell you that it's looooovely![/QUOTE]
just found this on someone elses thread too good not to share x

Last edited:
Good luck with the lowered target, I'm sure you will do it!!!

Blimey Val - your planning is fantastic, you are absolutely sailing through at the moment. Isn't it great when your head is totally in the right place!

Ta for that pancake stuff, they look good don't they - have you tried them?

Interesting that you've lowered your target. You just love a challenge don't you! If you think you'll be more comfy with more weight off you then it's a good idea. I'm sure you'll be there in no time, especially now you're the planning master! Good luck you x

Hi Val x

Ooh you're brave lowering your target...good for you! I've no doubts you can do it, specially as you're so focussed atm x

I want to lower mine but people keep telling me off saying I'll look like a lollypop head lol! :rolleyes: But I could easily stand to lose another half a stone so I might just try to lose a bit more but not actually lower my target officially :whistle:

Thanks for that lovely pancake recipe! I'm certainly going to try that! :D

Blimey Val - your planning is fantastic, you are absolutely sailing through at the moment. Isn't it great when your head is totally in the right place!

Ta for that pancake stuff, they look good don't they - have you tried them?

Interesting that you've lowered your target. You just love a challenge don't you! If you think you'll be more comfy with more weight off you then it's a good idea. I'm sure you'll be there in no time, especially now you're the planning master! Good luck you x
hi beegee i haven't tried them yet thought i might tomorrow with lemon & sweetener, i went shopping earlier and looked at the maple syrup but decided it wasn't a good idea lol :17729:) i made some blueberry buns for tasting at group tonight 20 syns for 12 of them not sure what they r going to taste like tho :rolleyes:
my son bought a nice bit of smoked haddock round earlier made kedgeree with it but blinking daughter has spied it and wants it for her lunch at work tomorrow :eek: oh well would have mucked my food plan up for tomorrow :character00148: i have to say i feel more in control by planning ahead (although i do have to make some adjustments sometimes) i
decided to drop another 7lb then see how i feel i don't want to go too low then i can't keep it there ;) hope ur having a good week
love val xx

Hi Val x

Ooh you're brave lowering your target...good for you! I've no doubts you can do it, specially as you're so focussed atm x

I want to lower mine but people keep telling me off saying I'll look like a lollypop head lol! :rolleyes: But I could easily stand to lose another half a stone so I might just try to lose a bit more but not actually lower my target officially :whistle:

Thanks for that lovely pancake recipe! I'm certainly going to try that! :D
hi dawn i can see why ur friends are saying u will look like a lollypop head cause u look really slim, they r probably worried u r taking it too far, i think sometimes our brain doesn't catch up with the fact we r slimmer maybe u need to tone rather than lose more weight, at my lowest i was 9st 3 and at 5ft 8 was very skinny but i couldn't see it and was constantly being told to put some back on (which annoyed me lol) but looking at myself in photos when i was 10st 7lb i can see where they were coming from cause i look too thin in them! i'll get off my soap box now ha ha. have a good evening love val xx

FRIDAY 3RD FEBRUARY
RED DAY
breakfast- all bran golden crunch (h/e b) latte (h/e a) satsuma
lunch- corned beef quiche (cottage cheese, onion, corned beef & cherry tomatoes) (6 syns ) will eat half would be 12 syns for whole lot could have used extra lean corned beef to keep syns down but couldn't get any :( salad, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cue & watercress
dinner- roast pork, broccolli, swede & carrot, runner beans
snacks- shapers mint bar (4 syns) kellogs fibre plus bar (h/e b) latte (h/e a)

Yep! Quite right Val and BeeGee x

Still a loss. There have been weeks when I'd have loved that loss...in fact I'd happily take that this Thursday if you could give it to me! :gimi:

So congratulations on losing hunni and all systems go for another good week xxx

thanks beegee & dawn i know it's better than nothing off :rolleyes: this week am going to drink loads of water (i didn't last week so could have had a bearing on loss) ;)
the blueberry buns went down well at class they would be nice made in one dish and served as a pudding with low fat custard or vanilla yoghurt def going to make them again :eat:
on the pancake front..... had them this morning first one i put lemon & sweetener on but i wasn't over keen thought damn i should have bought maple syrup :( but then remembered the lactulose in the cuboard :eek: i put a spoon full on my pancake and it actually tasted quite nice so had another one :D would be nice with sliced banana on top (i have joked about using lactulose in the past didn't think i would actually try it tho ha ha) next time i make them i will use one egg instead of 2 (was a little bit eggy tasting) and add a bit of skimmed milk to get a batter texture other wise it will be too thick the thinner u can make the pancake the better.
i am going to try and make oat & raisin cookies next i can't find a decent recipe anywhere that doesn't use loads of oil or butter so will try and concoct one :)
right off to make my corned beef quiche i might pop to town and see if i can get the princes corned beef more expensive but 8 syns less than the tin i've got ! hope u all have a great day xx

didn't go to town in the end (couldn't be bothered :rolleyes:) so used the corned beef that i had mixed it with a tub of cottage cheese loads of onion and 4 eggs and sliced cherry tomatoes on top, looked revolting like cat sick almost threw it away :9529: glad i didn't cause it taste lovely especially cold, loads there well worth 6 syns for half of it :)

Back