trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

friday 21st october

RED DAY
breakfast- banana + latte (h/e a) pear
lunch- chicken sandwich (h/e b) mango & raspberries
dinner- vegetable "pasty" using pitta bread (h/e b) swede,onion,carrot. s/w summer pudding (1/2 h/e b)+ (4 syns) shapers yoghurt & blueberry bar (4.5 syns) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) latte (h/e a)

74 syns- 13= 61 syns left

i am very pleased with myself :D i have just been to the shop round the corner from me and they have the large aero for 57p i would normally buy the 3 flavours and eat them in 10 mins flat :17729: but i resisted the temptation then on the way out i noticed 4 cadburies caramel, 4 twirl and 4 crunchie for £1 i did pick a pack up looked at the syns they were't that bad for 1 bar but from past experience knew i would not stop at that so put them back down :girlpower: i am feeling quite virtuous at the moment and think i deserve a pat on the back lol :patback:. xx

saturday 22nd october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- banana + rhubarb mullerlight (0.5 syns)
lunch- beans on toast (h/e b) pear
dinner-200g frozen mashed potato,(3 syns) beetroot, tomatoes, ham, pickle (2 syns) apple
snacks- pineapple, velvet crunch crisps (4 syns) hi-fi bar (h/e b) latte (h/e a) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns)

61 syns- 13.5 = 47.5 syns left

Last edited:
sunday 23rd october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- melon, pineapple & apple
lunch- vegetable stir fry-carrot, mushrooms, red,yellow & green pepper, cabbage,onion, bean sprouts
dinner- s/w roast beef, pots, green beans,swede, carrots, sprouts, brocolli, cauliflower & parsnips small yorkshire pudding (3 syns)
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) latte (h/e a) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns)

47.5 syns - 7 = 40.5 left

monday 24th october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- 2 weetabix (h/e b) 250 ml semi skimmed milk (h/e a) mango
lunch- ham salad, lettuce, tomato, cue, onion, radishes, beetroot salad cream (2 syns)
dinner- s/w quiche, s/w chips,tomato, beans
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) 2 shapers mint chocolate bars (8 syns)

40.5 syns - 10 = 30.5 left

Hi Val

Here's to another good week! I see you hardly eat any carbs. I wish I could resist too. I make soups and have to eat bread or something with it and if I have a coffee/tea, it just has to have a cracker to go with it. Horrible habit!

All the best

Pomooky XXX

Evening Val,

Well hark at you miss goody two shoes! Where did all this will power come from??? Bet u feel very virtuous putting that evil chocolate back!

It's nice to see you doing so well Val x. Now I'm the one who needs a kick up the bum to get back on track again...3 days off plan due to entertaining/birthdays/leftovers lol! Must start behaving myself! Xx

Evening Val,

Well hark at you miss goody two shoes! Where did all this will power come from??? Bet u feel very virtuous putting that evil chocolate back!

It's nice to see you doing so well Val x. Now I'm the one who needs a kick up the bum to get back on track again...3 days off plan due to entertaining/birthdays/leftovers lol! Must start behaving myself! Xx

hi dawn don't know how long it will last tho lol looked at the aero again this morning (i think it's the 57p price that's tempting me ;)) picked it up took it to the counter then put it back on the shelf think i will have to stop going to the shop till it's back at full price it won't look so inviting then :rolleyes: but i did buy some treat size boxes of smarties which were half price they r 3.5 syns a box (see i'm not that good hee hee) am hoping i will be able to control myself and just have 1 or 2 boxes if i start to pig out on them will give them to my daughter, i am finding it hard at the moment i do feel like i could easily go back to how i used to eat :cry: and it's taking an awful lot of willpower not to, and i really don't want to go down that road yet again.i'm sure u will get back on track now the entertaining is over :) have a good afternoon xx

Hi Val

Here's to another good week! I see you hardly eat any carbs. I wish I could resist too. I make soups and have to eat bread or something with it and if I have a coffee/tea, it just has to have a cracker to go with it. Horrible habit!

All the best

Pomooky XXX

hi pomooky i don't set out not to eat carbs i love them i just try and avoid white bread (especially uncut could eat the whole loaf) if i have soup i have to have veg then i don't want bread if i have tomato that's a different story lol. if i do ee i usually have pasta or potatoes i do prefer red or green so i can have 2 h/e's then i can have a sandwich and a hi-fi bar ;) hope ur ok xx

tuesday 25th october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- latte (h/e ) pineapple
lunch- chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato & cucumber. cranberry sauce (1 syn) pear
dinner- jacket potato with ham tomato, beetroot, picalilli (2 syns) apple
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) bar chocolate from aldi (6.5 syns)

30.5 syns - 9.5 = 21 syns left

Last edited:
Hi Val,

It's awful isn't it? Seems there's temptation everywhere you go, and its so easy to get stuck on that slippery slope once you start x

I suppose the only thing you can do is try to avoid the shop as much as possible, but you can't do that forever! Have you treated yourself to some nice new fitted clothes? I've recently bought a few nice bits and bobs, and the thought of not being able to fit into them scares me silly! I got rid of all my bigger clothes recently so if I put much on I'll be a bit cold this winter lol!

Keep going Val x It's still early days for you maintaining and its bound to take a while to settle into xxx

hi dawn i put a lb on last night still within my target but i would like to get to lower end so this week am going to go back to basics measure & weigh everything (which i have got a bit lax about) and drink plenty of water i didn't last week and think that could have made a difference :rolleyes: i have bought loads of new clothes have got rid of all my big stuff so if i allow myself to put weight on i will have nothing to wear :eek: and that won't be a pretty sight lol :rotflmao: i need to stay focused:peep: i can't afford to relax otherwise i will be back at square one :cry:have a good afternoon xx

Hi Val,

I think you're ok hunni x You had a wobble or two but it happens! Your recent food is fine...nothing there to worry about. I wonder if you just started to doubt yourself because of the choccy temptation?

Honestly you're doing so well!

At least if we BOTH fall off the wagon, they'll be TWO of us wobbling around naked lol!

weds 26th october

GREEN DAY
breakfast- 28g porridge with 1 scan bran (h/e b) made with water. latte 250 ml semi skimmed milk (h/e a) pear
lunch- vegetable stir fry with carrot, bean sprouts, red pepper, white cabbage, red cabbage & onion. soy sauce
dinner- pasta with tinned tomatoes, red & yellow peppers, mushrooms & onion garlic,oregano & parsley
snacks- melon & mango 2 blueberry bear yo-yo's (3 syns) hi-fi bar (h/e b) latte (h/e a) pkt pom bear crisps (4 syns) pkt treat size smarties (3.5 syns)

10 oz glasses water- 1-1-1-1
105 syns-10.5 = 94.5 left- 4 = 90.5 syns left
i felt peckish last night so went down to the kitchen to see what i could have, ate 2 slices ham then realised i was on a green day eek so got to add 4 syns

Last edited:
thursday 27th october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- 2 weetabix (h/e b) with sliced banana 250ml semi-skimmed milk (h/e a)
lunch- chicken & watercress sandwich with cranberry sauce (7 syns) mug shot with added sweetcorn & garden peas, apple
dinner-beef s/w roast pots, carrots,swede, parsnips, cabbage & garden peas
snacks- melon rhubarb mullerlight (0.5 syns)
shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns)
10oz glasses water-1-1-1
90.5 syns - 11.5 = 79 left

Said it before and said it again Val. Maintaining is the most difficult part of SW. I find it easier to lose between 2 and 5lb per week than maintain to plus or minus 3lb! - what on earth is all that about?

I kept changing target as maintaining is all over the place!

Steve

Hi Valerie,

Well done on another good day hunni x

I totally agree with Steve...maintaining is so much harder than losing.

I've lost my excess weight several times...but I've never been able to maintain x

Back