trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

So glad that your grangaughter is better Val. I know how hard it is to focus on when something like that happens. Looks like you are back on track so well done. Hope that you have a good weekend. xx

saturday 3rd december

RED DAY
breakfast- latte (h/e a) banana
lunch- bacon sandwich (h/e b) brown sauce (1 syn) mango
dinner- chicken salad with lettuce,tomato,cue onion & watercress 2 slices bread (h/e b)
snacks- latte (h/e a) wacko bar (5 syns)

well yesterday started ok ...... but went t***s up in the afternoon i've got a cough & cold and felt rough i only had beans on toast all day then pigged out on everything in sight, don't know why cause i didn't even feel hungry and can't taste anything :confused: i am now feeling extra peeeeeed off wondering why i'm bothering. i don't want to put the weight back on but don't want to spend rest of my life watching what i eat soooooooo fed up :cry:

Sorry to hear that you are feeling rough Valx I know how hard it is not to turn to food when you are feeling horrid. I only ever tend to be either on a diet or off the rails food wise which isn't good! Hope that you feel better soon and good luck with WI if you are well enough to go. xx

:hug99:Aww Valerie, don't be down. You've done so well and its the cold making you miserable. They do that. DH's cold is making me well miserable! :rolleyes:

Chin up! :D

1. :hug99:Aww Valerie, don't be down. You've done so well and its the cold making you miserable. They do that. DH's cold is making me well miserable! :rolleyes:

hello crumble have sent u a message on ur thread thanks for sending me a message it is appreciated xx

i wasn't going to bother coming on here again today but saw i had a message from crumble as all her "friends" will know she hasn't been on for ages and seeing that she was back was enough to make me come back on so thanks crumble xx i still feel rough from this flippin cold and very sorry for myself :cry:and still don't want to "diet" forever but know that if i don't follow s/w will end up putting all the weight back on :eek: i started going down that slippery road :character00182: it's got to stop now otherwise i will be coming back on here in 3 months time "starting all over again " anyway i can't afford to put weight back on cause i've got rid of me big clothes :doh:
feel bit better now i've given myself a talking to (again) so onwards and upwards i go xx

Oh poor Val, you do sound down in the dumps. Not surprising things have gone to pot with your grand-daughter being poorly though and it's sooooo hard to get back on track. Glad she's ok now and I hope that you're starting to feel better soon too. You've done so well, you know you don't want to go back to where you were and I'm sure you'll stick at it. Stay strong Val and stock up on vitamins and medicines to get you back to full strength then I'm sure things will get easier. x

Sorry you're still not feeling good, Val, all your pals miss you when you aren't around! :grouphugg:
It's hard to stick to plan in this weather, and if you are feeling low. I find I'm having lots of nice spicy soups, they go very well with a bacon sandwich (I know you're fond of those!) :p My usual lunches of salads have gone by the board these days.
Take care.....x

Sorry you're still not feeling good, Val, all your pals miss you when you aren't around! :grouphugg:
It's hard to stick to plan in this weather, and if you are feeling low. I find I'm having lots of nice spicy soups, they go very well with a bacon sandwich (I know you're fond of those!) :p My usual lunches of salads have gone by the board these days.
Take care.....x

thanks rosie just feeling sorry for myself at moment i'm sure i will soon get over it lol, i ought to make some soup and yes love my bacon sandwiches ;) how r things with u and hows that baby doing? love val xx

Hi Val

How about a spicy bacon soup? You could get a healthy fix then. You will be fine, I know. Everyone is saying the same - salads just aren't appealing are they? The only way I can eat them is with something warm and filling like jacket spuds, spicy lentils or pasta.

I have stopped weighing myself - could be dangerous I know. My trousers don't feel any tighter (would be hard) anyway and I feel less pressure to do the impossible (lose a stone in a week!).

Chin up m'dear and keep off the mince pies...

Pomooky XXX

Hi Val

How about a spicy bacon soup? You could get a healthy fix then. You will be fine, I know. Everyone is saying the same - salads just aren't appealing are they? The only way I can eat them is with something warm and filling like jacket spuds, spicy lentils or pasta.

I have stopped weighing myself - could be dangerous I know. My trousers don't feel any tighter (would be hard) anyway and I feel less pressure to do the impossible (lose a stone in a week!).

Chin up m'dear and keep off the mince pies...

Pomooky XXX
hi pomooky thanks xx spicy bacon soup- cor with chunks of gammon mmmm leek, potato & gammon or parsnip & gammon got me thinking now will have a go tomorrow.
know what u mean about feeling the pressure i'm feeling it trying to stay at target :rolleyes: i thought i would get here and magically stay at same weight without having to bother i should have known better lol, hope ur ok love val xxx

Isn't it awful that we do so well and yet go back to bad habits so quickly. Me the same. :eek:

Bread is my thing. Crusty with marmite. Simple but bliss. But I'm learning. Oh so slowly but I am.
Spraying olive oil not drowning the pan, cutting all the fat off meat, etc. I stuck to them all without thinking. I gringe when I see people cooking for me that don't. Really gringe these days.
Are we learning new tricks and not realising even while shovelling things we shouldn't and thinking we're back to square one?

Keep looking at the spinning blue star Valerie and reminding yourself that you've done over half the job - lost all the weight! Now you've got the interesting task of ingraining these new habits into your brain.

And I'll just wander off telling myself the same story. I can't even get the weight off first! :p

Hi Crumble when I read ur post it made me realise that although I have not been following s/w100% I have still basically followed it been cutting fat off meat , either dry fried or used light spray haven't had butter on my sandwich or toast have used w/meal bread so although I have felt a bit of a failure lately some of it is ingrained in my brain so perhaps all is not lost :). Hopefully we can all pull together and help each other through the tough times, its funny how when we go off plan we don't bother coming on here when really we should to get the support we need to get us through, I feel so much better today it's helped talking about how I feel instead of bottling it up so thanks to all of u that have been there for me xxxxxxxx

valerie11 said:
Hi Crumble when I read ur post it made me realise that although I have not been following s/w100% I have still basically followed it been cutting fat off meat , either dry fried or used light spray haven't had butter on my sandwich or toast have used w/meal bread so although I have felt a bit of a failure lately some of it is ingrained in my brain so perhaps all is not lost :). Hopefully we can all pull together and help each other through the tough times, its funny how when we go off plan we don't bother coming on here when really we should to get the support we need to get us through, I feel so much better today it's helped talking about how I feel instead of bottling it up so thanks to all of u that have been there for me xxxxxxxx

Hope you have a great day xxxxxx

Hi Crumble when I read ur post it made me realise that although I have not been following s/w100% I have still basically followed it been cutting fat off meat , either dry fried or used light spray haven't had butter on my sandwich or toast have used w/meal bread so although I have felt a bit of a failure lately some of it is ingrained in my brain so perhaps all is not lost :).

Of course its not. :) We've learnt some wonderful things to help us through and they obviously have taken root as we haven't totally abandoned them when we've slightly drifted off the path.
Aren't we clever? :D
We're doing it, we're changing.
Exciting, isn't it? :greenapple:

Morning Valerie x

I'm so glad you're feeling more positive now hunni x

How wonderful that when you look back at the times you thought u were struggling, u were actually sub-consciously making good choices! It really doesn't seem so bad, does it?

Clever crumble for pointing that out! Xxx

Have a great Sunday x

Lots of love xxx

Back