trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Happy new year Val! :)

Hope you'll be feeling better soon, Val! Wishing you a :new_year:

DS, DDIL and baby granddaughter left today
:( after spending 5 days with us - on Sunday I had 20 people here (which included 2 babies and 3 young children) most of whom stayed for the buffet meal. Glad to say there was more than enough food and drink but it's a long time since I've entertained so many! It will take me a day or two to get back to 'normal' - all good intentions for the new year as regards food and fitness!

Hope you'll be feeling better soon, Val! Wishing you a :new_year:

DS, DDIL and baby granddaughter left today
:( after spending 5 days with us - on Sunday I had 20 people here (which included 2 babies and 3 young children) most of whom stayed for the buffet meal. Glad to say there was more than enough food and drink but it's a long time since I've entertained so many! It will take me a day or two to get back to 'normal' - all good intentions for the new year as regards food and fitness!

hi rosie nice to hear from you x oooh u were busy it's lovely to have them all but a bit of a relief when they go ;) i loved having my lot here but forgot how noisy the kids can be lol, i am having the 2 eldest granchildren for 2 weeks this year, the week i usually have them goes far too quick for them and it is a long way to come just for a week. good luck keeping on track xx

Hope you'll be up and at it again soon Valerie. :)
Gourmet jelly beans! How could you bear to part with them. Respect!

hi crumble i have to say it broke my heart giving them away :cry: i was horrified when i opened them, knew i would make a right pig of myself eating them that's why they HAD to go, my son doesn't know they've all gone he thinks i've only given a few away :rolleyes: just going to pop over to ur diary now to see what u've been up to i haven't been on here much the last week there's a lot of catching up to do have a good day xx

have been feeling very sorry for myself but feel a lot better now :) have been back on track this week so am hoping to be in target next week :fingerscrossed: i didn't like not being in control over christmas it made me feel miserable but i still couldn't stop myself :confused: soooo happy to be back on track now long may it last (sure i have said that b4 lol) i hope every ones having a good week xxx
p.s has anyone noticed my avatar i went to bedgebury forest with my grandchildren they now think i'm the coolest nan to climb the wall and go down the other side i certainly would not have been able to do that b4 i lost weight :)

Hi Val x

I wondered if that was you on your avatar! Good for you for getting stuck in lol!

I totally relate to what you said about food and Christmas! I was miserable with the food too...but you kinda HAVE to keep shovelling it down you don't you???

And I feel like a different person now I'm back on plan! You obviously feel the same way! I'm sure it WILL last hunni...you sound really motivated to me xxx

have been feeling very sorry for myself but feel a lot better now :) have been back on track this week so am hoping to be in target next week :fingerscrossed: i didn't like not being in control over christmas it made me feel miserable but i still couldn't stop myself :confused: soooo happy to be back on track now long may it last (sure i have said that b4 lol) i hope every ones having a good week xxx
p.s has anyone noticed my avatar i went to bedgebury forest with my grandchildren they now think i'm the coolest nan to climb the wall and go down the other side i certainly would not have been able to do that b4 i lost weight :)

Glad to hear your back on track. My first week has been very focused and I'm feeling determined. I'm hungry (even tho I shouldn't be) but staying on track. I ate loads over Xmas and new year but managed to go running every other day. New years resolution is to focus on body magic! Was a bit disappointed to go to WI yesterday and find their scales suggest I'm 2lb heavier than home scales. Booooo!

skinnydawn said:
Hi Val x

I wondered if that was you on your avatar! Good for you for getting stuck in lol!

I totally relate to what you said about food and Christmas! I was miserable with the food too...but you kinda HAVE to keep shovelling it down you don't you???

And I feel like a different person now I'm back on plan! You obviously feel the same way! I'm sure it WILL last hunni...you sound really motivated to me xxx

Hi dawn ive been a bit up and down food wise not gone mad but not 100% s/w i change as quick as the weather lol i had a lovely txt earlier from my group leader so am feeling very motivated at the moment i too feel much better when on plan so why is it soooo hard to stay on it lol, hope ur having a nice weekend love val xx

Yoyo dieter said:
Glad to hear your back on track. My first week has been very focused and I'm feeling determined. I'm hungry (even tho I shouldn't be) but staying on track. I ate loads over Xmas and new year but managed to go running every other day. New years resolution is to focus on body magic! Was a bit disappointed to go to WI yesterday and find their scales suggest I'm 2lb heavier than home scales. Booooo!

Hi hun nice to hear from u x glad ur on track & focused i need to concentrate on the exercise i start off ok but get bored ? i need to find something that i enjoy that i will stick to ? good luck for weigh in next week xx

Have decided i need to go back to basics (again) i need to get back into target..... On the plus side i was watching a video of myself filmed in 1999 i was 16 stone i look really huge in it my kids thought it was hilarious have to say i felt a lot better about myself afterwards ?

Hey Val, what a timely reminder of why you're doing this and how far you've come. Good for you! I look at pics of me now at 19 stone and wonder how the hell it got so bad and how I will never go back there. It's very motivating to see how far you've come so good for you for getting positive again and making such a difference to your life. Climbing wall indeed! You're a star!

Have decided i need to go back to basics (again) i need to get back into target..... On the plus side i was watching a video of myself filmed in 1999 i was 16 stone i look really huge in it my kids thought it was hilarious have to say i felt a lot better about myself afterwards ?

I've been back to basics over the past couple of days and superfree-ing like a nutter. Struggling a bit but hanging in there. We will get there in the end.

Hi Val

What was over the other side of the wall?? No way I would climb that unless there was a Twix or two awaiting me.

Pomooky XXX

hi pomooky have to confess i was egged on by my son in law, was only going to go to the top he said i wouldn't be able to climb over & come back down the other side so had to show him there was life left in the old girl lol felt exhilarated afterwards i was sure my back was going to hurt as it was playing up as we were walking round but the stretching seemed to help it. hope u have a good week love val xx:banana dancer:

Back