trouble on the horizon...... ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAY!

crewboi83

Last time I did CD I lost 3 stone, to celebrate rather than coming off CD slowly and following the steps I booked 2 weeks AI in Cancun! ... Well, think I was 2 stone heavier before getting the plane home!

Im 11 weeks into Exante and I've had a turbulant last 3 weeks to say the least, I havn't gained... but only lost 2lbs in 3 weeks.

On Apr 11th Im going to Egypt for a week all inclusive.
Firstly, I was going to do the Exante over there, I was just going to do an AAM week or something. Then I thought "Oh I can just have protein and salad for dinner each night I'll be fine"
Then I heard all the horror stroies of the old "Pharoes curse" that every one comes home with. (Sickness and ...... !!)
Im worried that i cant live on sald for the week now, incase its washed in water...

oh just dunno what to do!!!

do you think you could stick 100% to exante when your over there?

i dont think i could either. Im not sure how you can get round the whole water thing :(

I mean it is important to get to goal but do you want to look back on this holiday and remember not being able to try the food etc.
If it were me I would take the week off, it's not like you go on holiday every month
Just my opinion

id have the week off and just watch what i eat and try to pick carefully.

Thats what I was thinking, ill stick to it till the day I go, i will even try when im there.... i might try just having small breakfast, one exante shake and a meal on the night.. ill just have to take a list of what i can have and what i cant have.

If it was somewhere else, we would have gone self catering so that i could do this diet.... but ive heard so many stories about Egypt that i felt safer going all inclusive..

Remind me why im going again....?! lol

If you dont want to go i'll take your place!!!

I was going to egypt with Thomson at the same time as you but cancelled due to all the trouble, changed for Cuba , so not sure what to expect there when it comes to food. I am a veggie so will be difficult to get a protein like Quorn that I can fit in with the programme , expect it will be cheese cheese and more cheese, will have to fill up on salads and fruit. Go have a great time, be good where you can without spoiling your fun, its only a week, you can get straight back on plan. Try to be more energetic than usual and you may find that you dont put on too much.

eye6769 said:
I was going to egypt with Thomson at the same time as you but cancelled due to all the trouble, changed for Cuba , so not sure what to expect there when it comes to food. I am a veggie so will be difficult to get a protein like Quorn that I can fit in with the programme , expect it will be cheese cheese and more cheese, will have to fill up on salads and fruit. Go have a great time, be good where you can without spoiling your fun, its only a week, you can get straight back on plan. Try to be more energetic than usual and you may find that you dont put on too much.

How odd I was supposed to go to Egypt when that Icelandic volcano went off but ended up going to Cuba :)

Cybil you are a star, cant say I expect to lose on my holiday but I will try not to put on.

I went on a 5* 24 hour all inclusive holiday to Cancun a few years ago and only put on 2lb. Never again!!! The food was out of this world and all I ate was prawn salad :(. I limited myself to one pudding a week. If I went again you know what I'd do??? I'd have a bloody good time and enjoy every minute. The diet will be here when you're not.

This may not be everyone's opinion :) and I can understand why you want to be good, but life is for living and you can pick up the diet when you come back.

I went to Egypt last year too and I was fine with the food. Never suffered any tummy problems at all.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

Mia said:
I went on a 5* 24 hour all inclusive holiday to Cancun a few years ago and only put on 2lb. Never again!!! The food was out of this world and all I ate was prawn salad :(. I limited myself to one pudding a week. If I went again you know what I'd do??? I'd have a bloody good time and enjoy every minute. The diet will be here when you're not.

This may not be everyone's opinion :) and I can understand why you want to be good, but life is for living and you can pick up the diet when you come back.

I went to Egypt last year too and I was fine with the food. Never suffered any tummy problems at all.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

I completely agree

Two things I don't think I could vlcd through are Christmas and holidays if you can and still enjoy yourself you are a much stronger person than me

I've been to Cuba endless amounts of times (really lucky with my job! lol) and I've never had a bad time there. At one point I'd go once a month at least for around 3-4 days at a time, I liked it that much Ive booked a few holidays there too.
You'll have a fab time!

I've been to Cuba endless amounts of times (really lucky with my job! lol) and I've never had a bad time there. At one point I'd go once a month at least for around 3-4 days at a time, I liked it that much Ive booked a few holidays there too.
You'll have a fab time!

You lucky thing you, Im sure I will have a great time, cant wait.

We went all inclusive to Egypt last September, the weather was great and the diving. You can low carb easily on an all inclusive. Continental breakfasts and omelettes, lots of cheeses. Vodka and diet coke :)
We had the Pharoes Revenge! a tummy, part of the course! You buy their tablets (don't get ripped off ask the rep for the best place and price) also drink their recommended tea for a day it works a treat. Oh and stay close to your room !! Only lasts a day or so! My daughter didn't have any problems and we met other who didn't get it! Tip a poolside waiter on day one and they will look after you with bigger glasses of drinks and will reserve your sun beds for you daily and have a wonderful time :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hello it's hard I think I got back of my wonderful 2 weeks Caribbean cruise Friday Afternoon... Well I have never experienced such lovely food. Top chefs cooking everyday anyway I've been to see my CDC and I've gained 9 lbs.... Very happy as I know I will loose this amount by next weigh in.
Go and enjoy yourself... I did use the gym every other day lots of cardio and weights machines.
Have fun x

Back