Try Again

FatmanSlimming

Well, it's a new day so I'm going to try a new start.
I'm going to get weighed later today and take it from there. This time I'm going to try a couple of things I've never done before, 1) Count Daily Calories, I used to just go for 5g per 100g fat content or less and not overall calories.
2) Take pictures, possibly weekly but probably fortnightly, to see if there's change and to motivate.

I'll be honest here, I don't feel very motivated at the minute, in fact I feel really peed off, but a change has to come sometime. If I can get through the first week/2 weeks I think I'll do it.

Who knows, I could possibly be more sucessful starting in this frame of mind rather than being full of motivation and keeness only for it to fizzle out.
I watched Aerobics Oz Style this morning so I'm off to a good start.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't got off to the best of starts, I've been on the eat like a pig one day, eat like a normal person one day diet.

I'm really struggling with motivation/enthusiasm. I've joined the feb challenge on here and in the morning I'm going to join the easportsactive goup that's been set up for the wii and hopefully this will kick start me back into some serious weight loss.

A week without a pie now, I hope the Queen's reading this while she considers her next honours list.

Hope it's going well and you found the motivation xoxo

How did you do this week? Still motivated? x

Hi there (sorry but can't call you Fatman!)

I hope you are feeling chirpier today. What about the pie abstinence - you've done so well! Don't give up or think about giving up... We all struggle but it's usually only temporary, you can't be perfect all the time.

You can always have a Minimoan! We've all been there.

Pomooky

Hello Pomooky, feel free to call me fatarse instead. I gave in and bought some Cornish Pasties, only the once though, I have been eating stir frys. I don't know what's happened, I woke up last Tuesday feeling really peed of and the feeling hasn't left me since.

Don’t worry, m’dear…. Feeling down is sometimes a symptom of withdrawal, because without all of the fatty foods, your brain chemistry is changing. It’s not getting the false instantaneous energy boost it was getting before. Usually if you can detoxify your system (drinking loads of water and eating loads of leafy veg will get you on your way for this) and stay away from the more nutrient-deficient foods for a few weeks, you’ll find you have more energy and feel more optimistic.

Another reason I’ve been encountering for feeling down is thinking that the weight isn’t coming off fast enough. Try not to focus on getting rid of the weight as quickly as possible. It isn’t healthy to lose more than 2lb per week because that puts you in the bracket for piling the weight back on. Doing it slow and steady is doing it the healthy way. Try and focus on all your good progress! When you feel like eating a particular bad food, try and redirect your interest to a different food that will give you better nutrition. Usually when I crave the bad foods, I’m not even hungry! So what I end up doing is distracting myself with a walk, or grab my hula hoop. You might find it useful to get yourself a punching bag, as that really helps work out frustration.

Hope you’re feeling better, and keep your chin up. ^^

Last edited:
Good luck with your weight loss. I hope that you have got the motivation to continue :)

And thank you for your post, Kitsune. It has really helped me too as I have been feeling a bit down over the past couple of days. Think I had managed to convince myself that I should have lost more weight than I have so far, but I am going to try some of the things you suggested and hopefully I will feel more positive again soon.

Another day, Another Diet. I'll try yet again. I had cloud of depression descend on me a couple of weeks ago and my self esteem hit and still is at an all time low so I've had a few comfort eating binges. I've just got weighed and am actually -6lbs for the month but I think the damage will take a week or two to show and my weight could well shoot up unless I get things back under control.

Another day, Another Diet. I'll try yet again. I had cloud of depression descend on me a couple of weeks ago and my self esteem hit and still is at an all time low so I've had a few comfort eating binges. I've just got weighed and am actually -6lbs for the month but I think the damage will take a week or two to show and my weight could well shoot up unless I get things back under control.

ORIt could be that you ARE -6lbs and you are worrying over nothing! Now you just have to carry on - you will get there!

Pomooky xxx

I was bad, bad enough to buy a box of 20 mixed cookies on offer for 2 quid at supermaket, and bad enough to eat them.

Hey, know what you are going through! Lost 2 stone last year, fell off the wagon and put it all back on. I'm starting again from today but sometimes it feels like a battle that just cannot be won!

Back