Trying to make a difference

I did a sneaky mid-week weigh in this morning. I'm now 3lbs down from the re-gain so only 2lbs to get back to where I was which is awesome considering how the last 2 weeks have been. I seem to be losing a lot easier and better on WW then I did with CD which is really unusual for me! I wonder whether the thyroid meds have made the decision and maybe while my body is still adjusting it actually needs more calories to be able to lose it - as bizarre as that sounds.

Either way I kind of don't care how it works as long as it keeps on working and loses around 2lbs a week hahahaha

Breakfast was optivita, lunch will be a salad and ham multigrain wrap and dinner tonight is pork escalope steamed with new potatoes and loads of veg. Oh and the leftover rhubarb bread pudding obviously - it tastes even better cold. Nom nom nom nom nom!

Still haven't managed to get any exercise done unfortunately - the cat woke me up after 3 hours sleep last night and I was so tired this morning I just wasn't up to it. I really need to force myself to do some after work even if I do prefer working out in the morning. There's no point in being lighter if I don't have any muscle tone really.

Hows everyone else going?

Your food sounds sooooooooo lush!!!

Woohoo for getting 3lbs gone FOREVER! You`re doing BRILL - Well done :D Xx

hmmm in theory its 3lbs gone forever but it was gone forever a few weeks ago and it decided to come back hahahahahha

I got attacked by banana nut muffin mix today - ooops :) I've been pretty good the rest of the day though - fruit salad, rice cakes and low fat cheese spread, and scampi with mash and veg for dinner.

And got my new driving licence photo done today - I look about half the size of the current one taken 10 years ago!!! The difference is amazing - I'm worried they won't believe its the same person lol

Your before and after photos look great btw - well and truly on your way :)

ll naughty!

You`ll have to show us ur new piccies!! C`mon!! :D

Thanks re mine, Still a loooooooooong way to go tho :rolleyes: x

hmmm I would show you my licence photos but having spent 2 days trying to get my scanner working I have now given up!

I hit up Primark yesterday to get a few summer clothes as I don't have any that fit. Ended up coming home with the most ridiculous pair of high heels which are a size too small as they didn't have my size - daftly I tried on the left foot which does fit but didn't try the right one. They fit but are really tight across the front on the right and the peep toe bit is trying to decapitate my big toe! They will stretch with time and I'm putting them on for the odd 5 minutes here and there to get used to them. I have no idea where I'm ever going to wear them as although I can walk in them I wouldn't like to have to test that theory too much. Meals out that involve just walking 200 yards to the restaurant and sitting down the rest of the time methinks and definitely no drinking alcohol when wearing them unless its to numb the broken ankle:8855:

My weight hasn't changed at all this week - it seems to get to this level and it just goes up and down every few days around it - very frustrating. I'll stick with it though and hopefully before long something will happen to shift it slightly in a downward direction.

How was your CD weigh in???

Hopefully the scales will move down for you soon x

lmfao@ shoes - Ur a loon!

My WI was ok, I lost just under 3lbs (2.3/4lbs) x

3lbs is great - well done

So I woke up at 5am when my cat jumped on the bed, pawed at the duvet next to my leg and proceeded to wee all over it!!!!! I had to strip it all off last night quick but it had already soaked down to the mattress and the smell of cat wee is now burned into my brain so much I'm not sure if she's sprayed somewhere else or if I'm just smelling it everywhere even though its not there. So now I need to go to the shops to get a new duvet - luckily it was my cheap summer one and I worked out its probably cheaper to just replace it than it is to get it cleaned. Everything else is on a hot wash in the hope the smell comes out - she had to pick my bloody Lulu Guinness duvet cover as well didn't she!! I got it half price in a sale but it still wasn't cheap and its my favourite so I really hope the smell comes out.

Needless to say she no longer sleeps in my room as of last night! Although every time I just about fell asleep again I was woken up by her pawing at the door and crying because she couldn't work out why I'd shut her out. The funny thing is she won't come near me this morning - every time I try to stroke her she runs off again and she won't come back in while I'm here. You'd think it would be ME not talking to HER wouldn't you hahahahaha

Having dealt with all that I couldn't be bothered to work out my diet this morning so started with a shake - I've regained a couple of lbs the last week as well as I've not really watched what I've eaten so its time to get back on track with that. In fact I'd planned to start exercise this morning but that didn't happen because of the darned cat!

I know we`ve discussed the "cat incident" on FB. Hope you`ve managed to get rid of the pong by now?

Good luck getting back on track Xx

failed absmally on getting back on track yesterday and its really shown on the scales this week - I'm blaming cat stress yesterday lol

If anyone ever has similar problems then bicarb of soda gets id of the smell - sprinkle it on the area dry and then leave for a few hours and hoover up. I can still smell it slightly in my bed when I first get in but its a faint aroma and I'm guessing its going to slowly reduce over time. I just hope she can't smell it very strongly and knows not to go and do it again. She's been so sheepish since yesterday its quite funny - she literally wouldn't come near me all day and you'd think I was going to kick her the way she flinched every time I went to stroke her - as if! hahahahaha I shut my bedroom door last night and left her asleep on the sofa which seemed to work ok but I heard her crying at 5am. The cries were so hearbreakingly sad that I gave in and opened the door again - I am such a pushover its ridiculous hahahaha Having said that you'd have thought I'd been gone a month the way she reacted lol She did get up on the bed once but was very wary about doing so and after 10 minutes cuddled up to me she got back down and slept on the floor. She's watching my every move at the moment and I think she's checking that she's been forgiven - its actually quite funny. So I've now ordered a waterproof mattress cover because I know I'll fold and let her back in and I've also put a second litter tray out so she has one in the kitchen and one in the hallway and that way if there's anything wrong with one then she has a second option all of which should ensure it doesn't happen again.

So today I am treating as WW day one .. again! I have started with a bowl of optivita and a cup of tea and I know I'm having stir fried seafood for dinner with a load of veggies and I'm planning cottage cheese salad with rice cakes for lunch. I might have to add some rice into the stir fry to make it more of a paella as I think I'll be way under on my points overwise and I'm not sure if that will stop the weight coming off or not. I actually don't need to as the seafood and veg is so huge that I struggle to manage any more! Maybe by the time I've added in fruit etc and maybe a yoghurt at lunchtime it won't be such a problem.

I picked up some smoked salmon when I went out to get the new duvet yesterday so I have that in a salad planned for tomorrow.

Right time to get to work and earn the pennies. Hope everyone else has a good day ... and that I manage to stick to it this time!

Yay for getting rid of the pong! But yes, You are a pushover! ;)

Good luck with staying on track - Food sounds yum!!

Xx

well I tried hahahahahaha

I ended up at my godson's sports day and I was running so late I didn't have time for a proper lunch so grabbed a chocolate tetra and a banana and then ended up munching on milky chews that my friend had because I was hungry. Then I was going to come home and carry on working but ended up at her friend's house having a cuppa and a girly laugh while the kids played. By the time I got home I was starving so couldn't wait to cook my fish stir fry and ended up grabbing a pack of salad and mixing it with smoked salmon and croutons. Which wasn't so bad until I washed it down with a glass of wine and a couple of handfulls of tyrells crisps. Still not too bad and probably on points still ... until another friend then turned up out of the blue to celebrate her surprise promotion she'd found out about that day and I already had an open bottle of wine :) So I ended the day very "relaxed" and having finished the whole big bag of crisps hahahhahahaha

To be honest it probably still wasn't actually too bad when I add up the entire day but not quite what I intended. So today is DEFINITELY back on track as I've got to use the fish that I took out of the freezer the night before last! In fact I've worked out the whole of today's points based on my day's menu and I will have 9 points left to spare at the end of the day so might allow myself to finish off the last glass of wine left in the bottle in the fridge.

I really need to learn how to handle these unexpected situations so I can maintain in the long run - as soon as anything throws me off of my routine I'm terrible!! Problem is having lost a lot of weight over the last year I'm out a lot more and these unexpected situations crop up far more than they ever used to hahahaha

so today I made a big old decision - this whole trying to lose weight without anyone making me answerable for it really doesn't work and I cheat far too easily and the weight starts to creep back on and I get settled where I am and then wish I wasn't when I have to wear something or go somewhere etc and hate that I haven't lost the weight. Time to get tough with myself and remember that I want to be in a bikini for Hawaii next May-ish and if I'm going to do the WW route then I probably need to start on that now!

So my big old decision is that as the joining and first meeting are free right now I am going to find my nearest WW meeting and actually go join up again. It makes it a lot harder cheating myself when I know that I have to get on someone else's scales week after week lol

So assuming I can find the place I will be going to my first one tonight and shaming myself into finally getting my act together. I just wish the weigh in wasn't in the evening because I always weigh less in the morning lol

How did your weigh in go last night?

And where the heck has Amanda gone????!!

well the theory was good until I drove around where I thought it was for half an hour - I think I know which church hall it was in but there was absolutely nowhere to park so I gave in.

There is another one a little bit further from here but that should be easier - just not sure where it is. Weigh in on that one is a Wednesday so annoyingly I've missed this week and can't do next Wednesday. So I'm going to give myself next week to get myself back on track so that my first weigh in won't be so bad and then see if I can join up after that.

Which is probably a safer bet anyway - I have my nephews birthday this weekend then I'm out for brunch on Sunday and next weekend I have bbq plans too. I will be doing everything I can to stick as closely as I can to being good but its not always that easy when the menu is out of your hands. If I can I'll be sticking to chicken keebabs and salad so hopefully it will be ok and I'm trying to bank some points at the moment so I have some in store for the bits I can't control but at the same time probably the wrong week to be joining officially anyway - although knowing I'm going to will make me more rigid than I would be without it.

So today I'm debating going and upgrading my camera - the one I really want I can't afford unless I just do the body only but I can do the next one up which will solve most of the things that annoy me about mine. I just don't know whether to wait until I can afford the all singing all dancing model or whether its not worth it and saving the extra money towards better lenses. Its a dilemma!

yay! I FINALLY got my arse in gear this morning!!! Woke up, stuck my trackies on and went for a run/walk (mainly walk lol). I did 4k, which is about 2.5 miles I think, in 36 minutes. I did have to stop for a while halfway up the hill on the way back because some woman with her dog were in front of me and the dog was going beserk barking at me and she was struggling to control it. I decided my best bet was to just not move or walk any closer hahahaha Made it really difficult to get going again though as it took her a good 4 or 5 minutes to move the dog and by then my legs had tightened up. Luckily I was nearly back by then.

I couldn't believe how unfit I've got though! I haven't done any running at all since I did a 5K charity run last September which I managed to run half in total by running 2 minutes walking 2 minutes alternately. This time I think I managed to run somewhere in the region of 7 or 8 minutes in total but only a maximum of 1 minute at a time. I SERIOUSLY need to dust off the cross trainer and start getting myself fitter again and then go running every weekend to get that level back up again.

The biggest problem I seem to have with it is that as soon as I start exercising my sinuses close up totally - I even used nasal spray before I went this time to try and fix it but it didn't help. I then struggle with my breathing on any exertion - my lungs were absolutely burning this morning trying to take air in through my mouth. I've tried the breathe right strips before and they do help but they ping off halfway when I start sweating - although usually only on one side which looks hilarious when I have this thing pinging up every 10 seconds hahahahahahahaha

Got back and had a boiled egg and half a gallia melon but I will admit that I'm absolutely starving this morning. I had a heavier lunch yesterday so with that and the footie last night I had only had rice cakes for dinner so I'm not surprised but I'm trying to ignore it or fill up on water and tea to stop me eating because then with any luck I will start some proper weight loss going again. Plus I know I've got a party later today and brunch tomorrow morning so I need to really save up my points for both of them.

Oh and I saw the landlord again last night which is probably what sparked off the new resolve hahahaha I was on my way out as he was about to go to the pub to watch the football so I offered him a lift and finally got to chat to him a bit. He's into his photography as well so we were talking about that and somehow got onto New York and I was telling him about my trip to the USA where I got to go to a genuine American Indian Pow Wow and he was all over that. All in the space of about the 5 minutes that it took to drive to the pub. So I'm over the moon that I'm having a skinnier jeans day so should have looked good and also got him in a position where he's definitely aware of me ... then got home and realised that my hair had gone greasy and limp as all hell and I have a big spot starting in the middle of my forehead and no make up on to cover anything. Bloomin' typical roflmao

Well I'm just going to have to be totally religious on my diet and exercise regime now to get myself SO stunning that I cannot be ignored :)

after my sudden burst of exercise yesterday I got up this morning and I swear I have broken my bum!!!! And both legs!!!!!!!! Especially just above my knees and they break even worse when I try and walk down stairs lol

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!

so this week .... yeah best not discussed. Its not been hideously bad but I've been so hot and tired that I haven't felt like cooking in the evenings and although I've been good during the day in the evening all I've wanted is ice cream!

I have done some form of exercise every day this week though - whether it be walking down to the village and back, running or the cross trainer so at least that is going in my favour.

Got a lot on this weekend where I will be eating out both days but come Monday I am DETERMINED to get back on track even if it kills me!!

so today I have been having a really really good day. For some reason something just seemed to click - not sure if its the heat or what but I didn't feel like cooking tonight but instead of just mixing up some rubbish I put together a feta cheese salad with walnuts and it was absolutely divine. The contrast between the walnuts and the feta was soooooo lush - might add some chopped apple in their next time to give it an extra kick too :)

So I have a fridge full of veg that has been in there too long not being eaten which means I'm going to kick start myself this week, after tomorrow when I'm out, and get back to 2 CD shakes and salad in the evenings for the whole week and then get back on track with WW after that.

Its bizarre - I love the lower fat so called diet foods and am more than happy to eat them and not have the rubbish but it seems to be a concentration thing with me and food. If I put my entire concentration into the diet and plan everything out then I'm fine but without that regime keeping me on track I am all over the place and I have no idea why. Its time that I recognised it and made it stop though - even if I don't feel like making food its tough luck because I'm no longer buying any of the rubbish and then I have no option but to make some "proper" food!

Hi honey, Meal sounds lush! I`ve never had feta cheese, Might have to try this dish when I`m off my diet.

Good luck getting back on track, We WILL be at goal one day!!

Xxx

so I got my latest thyroid results back yesterday and I've swung too far back the other way now - so now the struggling to stick to diet and exhaustion and lack of motivation and weight going up and down makes sense again.

I've decided that until the doctors get me stable I'm going to give up on all dieting and just eat sensibly but eat whatever I want. So breakfast was a boiled egg, slice of toast and half a grapefruit. Lunch was feta cheese cubed with walnuts, chunks of apple, babyleaf salad, grated carrot, beetroot and half a yellow pepper. Dinner will be aubergine lasagne made with natural yoghurt rather than cheese sauce - saves on calories for a start but also adds a real zing to lasagne.

I should have just done this ages ago - when I stop trying to lose weight and stop trying to eat healthily I probably eat a whole load more healthily than when I'm trying to be strict :8855:

Back