Trying to make a difference

well I popped out last night to get some milk and haribos were only 54p a packet ........

the theory was that I would limit myself and have no more than 5-10 a day and then it wouldn't matter that much. Yeah - the theory didn't work hahahahahaha

I am soooooo ashamed of myself - but it was kind of worth it :) I have to pretty much come off the diet for 3 days next weekend anyway as I have visitors and its just going to be impossible to stick to so I kind of decided what the hell. I will admit to feeling totally sick afterwards though which I decided served me right lol

Back on track with 810 today and a new understanding that weekends are dangerous for me - not sure what I do about it because they happen every 7 days but at least I am aware of it now hahhahaha

Well done on the WW - just keep reminding yourself why you are doing it and that it's a choice and your body will adjust back to having food again soon

HAHAHA the haribos got ya!!! well you deserve a treat! you have done so well! no fat in them so thats a plus! sure it wont make a huge diference to your weight loss. It would have been rude not to buy them at 54p a packet !

onwards and upwards now! one day at a time! I have oulled out a walking plan from a mag last night so gonna give it a go! cant do any harm? said it is better than running? i like the sound of that, so i am gonna do 30 mins before my dinner.

have a good day, noooooooo more haribos! or i get a big mac!x

I trained to walk/run a 5k a few years ago - the first time I did it I walked and completed it in something like 48 mins. Last year I walked/ran in a 50/50 ratio of running 2 mins then walking 2 mins then running 2 mins etc etc - and managed to do it in just under 45 mins. Trust me for the 3 minutes difference it really isn't worth the extra effort of running hahahahahha

Some diet buddy you are - I say I gave in and ate haribos and you tell me don't worry they don't have any fat in them! hahahahahhaha This is why I will never be skinny - I get to a point where I look ok and I'm happy to wear most things and decide what the hell it won't hurt. I'm also working out that I have my parents here this weekend so I know I won't be sticking to 810 and then I'm trying to make plans for a weekend at a friends in a couple of weeks - well diet will definitely go out the weekend for that as its just not worth it. Then there's my nephews birthday party at the start of July and invites to bbqs etc etc. I'm beginning to think that although I will be eating healthily at all occassions there are so many times that I won't be able to stick to CD that I may start looking at spending one more week on 810 then go up to 1000. I would like to try and get that 6lbs off before I do that to get me back to where I was last time but keep cheating with haribos won't be helping lol Then again without giving too much info I did do the worlds biggest poo today which may have helped :) I swear my system is working better with food than it is without it and its not exactly enticing me to keep going.

Reality is I could keep going quite easily and I may stick to 1000 for quite a while as it gives me that extra flexibility but if I find its not fitting in with my lifestyle then at this point I think I'm ready to switch to trying WW again too - hopefully now I'm on meds it may be more effective. CD has been brilliant but having taken 14lbs off its kind of already done what I needed it to. I do want the next 6lbs off though so will prob do what I can to stick to it while they are still there. We'll see.

NO MACDONALD'S! some haribos with only about 400 cals in the whole bag and no fat does not equal anything you can get at macdonalds hahahaha

so damn busy with work again dealing with a client's business sale that I didn't get breakfast again - fitting todays meals and fluid in is going to be a challenge again. Oh well - should help with this week's weight loss I guess lol

ok the day didn't get any less busy after lunch lol

I think I'm up to about 1 1/2 litres of water so far today and seriously struggling to drink it all in the short space of time. I have had one shake at lunchtime and I just had scrambled egg with salad for dinner ... and I'm stuffed! Between that and trying to drink all the liquid I just really don't want my next shake. There's no way I'm going to fit 3 in today no matter how much I try.

Weight should be down this week but I certainly haven't been doing it the right way! Can't wait to see what happens at weigh in on Thursday hahahahaha

How's everyone else doing?

wohooooooooooooooooooo I fit in a size 12 summer dress I got from the charity shop last year. I did have it adjusted last year to give a little bit more around the bust area so its probably more a size 13 than a 12. The top I've adjusted from halterneck to normal straps and unfortnately as my boobs are still HUGE I need to get a vest top that will go underneath it so that its decent to wear hahahaha Now I can't wait for the sun to come back out so I can wear it again!

I can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow as well - my jeans are fitting slightly looser again this morning so I know I've lost and its just a case of how much.

Need to run to sainsburys this morning as well as I've run out of bottled water this morning and the water from my tap has a horrible taste to it. I will be avoiding the haribo aisle lol

morning, computer fixed!!!! well i had a crap night at work so ate my weight in biscuits!!!! ooops! oh well today is another day! have no poinst for today now!! give ww a try you may find it works well now, if not you can always go back to cd? didnt get the big mac by the way!

cd is so hard to do and have any kind of social life, it did get me down sometimes, but the results are sooo good! ww going well though 3lb so far! although after the biscuit gorge who knows?????

off to bed for an houf now, have a good day.x

so if you had a biscuit binge last week and still managed to lose 3lbs so far then imagine how much you would lose if you stopped picking up the biscuits!!! lol Well done so far anyway - but STAY AWAY FROM THE BISCUITS!

I keep thinking its time to slowly come out of CD and maybe try weight watchers or similar and then I have a day like yesterday where I kind of stick to CD but add in lots of little cheats because at one point I hadn't had time to eat and just grabbed a lump of cheese to ward off any hunger and I'm quite happy. I can't believe that I'm anywhere near 810 and must be over that amount but I don't feel deprived at this level and if I can carry on losing weight I'm thinking I might just stick with it for a bit and see what happens. I definitely want to get back down to where I stopped last time either way and my jeans are still more than slightly "snug" so I would like to make them fit properly and I'm wondering whether to just stick to a rough version of CD and see how long I can keep going. I've decided I'm only going to get weighed every 2 weeks after this week as its a half hour drive each way to my CDC which is a bit of a pain as I lose most of a morning going there just to get weighed and pick up shakes and work is getting busy now. So after tomorrow's weigh in I'm going to probably stick to a couple of weeks as I've been doing of losely following 810 but letting myself cheat if I need to and then if I've got myself down to where I was before then I'm going to switch up to 1000 and see how I get on. Looking at the 1000 plan it looks like more food than I eat normally anyway so I should be able to stick to that for a while lol

From there I'll see where I stop - I would love to lose that extra 7lbs that I didn't manage last time. If I can stick to 1000 and lose it over even as long as 2 months without feeling deprived and on the occassions that I have to eat normally I can then I may as well stick with it if I can. At this level I shouldn't feel that I'm deprived of food at all and its probably not much different to what I would eat on WW anyway. I'll see - the other decision I've made is to not make any binding decisions hahahahaha

ok I just tried to re-read that and I'm not sure it made any sense lol

Basically I'm not really sticking to 810 and cheating here and there - such as haribos this week and the odd bit of cheese. If I can carry on doing that I don't feel deprived and if I lose weight still then I may just stick to it and see how long I can keep going.

Once I lose the 6lbs to get down to where I stopped last time I might switch up to 1000 and see if I can keep that going for a month or two and see if I take up to 7lbs more off doing that but I'll see.

Hopefully that makes more sense hahahaha

Having said that I'm about to pop to sainsburys and I'm considering getting myself a couple of apples as a treat every few days so the theory is good but whether I'll stick to it is a different matter ;)

ok Sainsburys ended up with things like breaded scampi which I haven't eaten in years and isn't technically on the CD diet and I also picked up some pack choy and aubergine that I've never tried before - also probably not really on the diet. I think that after my weigh in tomorrow I'm going to step up to 1000 for at least the next week and then I see WW heading my way. I didn't really have a goal in my head when I restarted and did think I'll just see what I can lose in a month. I basically wanted to lose most of the weight I'd put back on and 14lbs does achieve that. The rest of it I'm kind of happy to lose slowly on a sensible diet and exercise plan. Having spent a fortune at Sainsburys today I'm thinking about the fact I've got to spend more money tomorrow to buy the shakes and its just getting too expensive and my head is not really there any more.

I'll see how I feel when I talk to the CDC tomorrow but I'm really looking forward to getting back to healthy eating and veggies etc so I think I'm kind of ready to move to the next step.

I'm also freshly inspired - a friend of mine completed on his new house yesterday and its got a HUGE vegetable patch there. He's talking about grassing it over and I was going nuts at him that he can dig up the beetroot that is in there and use it through the summer for salads etc and if he doesn't want it then I'll have it. It sparked off an idea in my head and this weekend I am heading to Homebase (10% day I think) to get myself some pots and I will be growing my own lettuce, beetroot, salad onions, courgettes, possibly some new potatoes - then I discovered I can grow squashes as well. If I'd realised I could grow things other than the tomatoes and cucumbers everyone kept telling me about I'd have probably kept the greenhouse that came with my garden!!! I'm really excited at the idea of having little pots with my own veg growing in them and stepping outside to pick my own food before I go and cook it :)

so I went for my weigh in this morning and I'm 2lbs down this week. But more importantly I'm 1/2 an inch off my waist which puts my waist measurement back into the healthy range. Which means that I've pretty much reached my own goal from that point of view and I took the decision that its time for me to give myself a break and start my journey out of CD and onto keeping an eye on my weight using the WW points system.

I'm missing healthy food sooooo much and I'm desperate to get back exercising as I can see my muscle tone disappearing so from the point of view of both of them I'm going to go onto 1000 over the next 2 weeks and then try and lose the last 10-11lbs using a healthy diet and exercise. I'm only 4lbs above where I stopped last time and if I even just take those 4lbs off I will be happy.

I'm giving myself 6 months and if I don't like where I am at that point I will go back and pick up CD again at that time. It gives the doctors time to get my meds etc settled as well and see how much of a difference that makes.

So I got back and had my first meal to satisfy my huge cravings - with a bowl of special K hahahahahaha My CDC did say that I was the first time anyone had been so happy at the idea of having a bowl of special K or buying cabbage and pak choi and aubergine for stir frying - it makes a change from the usual pizza and chocolate that most people are desperate for lol

I will continue my diary here if noone objects - maybe not quite as often but will keep it going - as it seems easier than switching to the WW section and starting again.

So how is everyone else doing?

hi, well done you are so nearly there! bet that special k was great. I actually went to ww class today for a bit more support! and to buy their fruties sweets. lost 3 lb so happy with that.:)

off to work tonight so we will see if the fruties stop me binging on the biscuits. good luck with the food.x

it tasted awesome - but the leftovers of last nights lamb with salad and chopped beetroot at lunchtime was even better :)

and - shock, horror - I ate a banana :-o It was awesome! lol I need to watch that I try and stick to the 1000 rather than going from 810 to eating too much veg. At least if I'm cheating then I'm cheating with ridiculously healthy stuff!

I'm planning a seafood stir fry tomorrow with a mixed seafood pack from Sainsburys and then adding in some aubergine and pak choi and chopped cabbage and I can't wait. Might even add in a little bit of carrot in there. All very healthy but the temptation to stir fry up a whole load of veg is huge and I do just have to watch that I don't go from only 3 tablespoons to eating it all in one go. Start exercise again tomorrow too and can't wait :)

Well done both of you, You`re doing great! :D

Wooop Wooop for getting back into a size 12!! I struggle to get into a 16/18 - In fact I tried a dress in both those sizes in Tesco Tuesday and had no chance :(

I`m glad you`ll keep your diary up. Just give me a nudge when I haven`t been on for a bit cos I`m rubbish lol You`re also welcome to come chat on my diary too :D

Amanda, NO BICCIES!! haha Hope the WW Sweets help

Xxx

oh, i know EXACTLY what you mean about wanting a bowl of special k. i'm always craving it too, and apples.... funny how our palletes change on cd isnt it?

i feel sick at the sight white buttered toast, but a piece of rye or pumpkin seed bread is my weakness. well done so far mifford and please keep your diary here as i want to know how you get on.

thanks everyone. Well yesterday I let myself eat what I want - which was lots of veg and special K freak that I am lol Today I am sticking to 1000 as much as I can, slightly over but with good food, as felt bloated as all hell yesterday so I'm thinking it won't be a bad idea to build in slowly.

Today so far has been porridge shake and a banana for breakfast, 1/2 a pot of cottage cheese with a plate of lettuce leaves for lunch followed by a chocolate shake and dinner is going to be fish stir fry with roasted butternut squash, courgette, onion, aubergine and I'm going to try roasting some beetroot to see what happens. I'm wondering if I ought to add in something like some egg noodles in there but to be honest I'd rather eat more veg than have the pasta or potatoes that the plan says I should eat so I'm going to do that.

Leeds I'm with you on the apples - craved them like crazy last time and craved them like crazy again this time. Very odd as I don't usually eat that many - it was awesome to eat one yesterday though and will be having one for pudding tonight too.

Other than that I have spent today trying to save one of my goldfish! My red cap oranda started floating at the top of the tank last night and struggling to breathe so thinking he was going to die I separated him out into a bucket of clean water last night and was amazed that he was still alive this morning. I put him back in the tank for a bit while I had to go out to see how he did and he was still alive when I got back. So while I was out I bought another tank that is now in my kitchen and I've separated him into it and treated it with stuff for swim bladder. He's seriously struggling though poor thing - barely breathing and not able to swim at all. If I could just get him to eat a bit of pea then I know it would probably sort him out but it sinks to the bottom and he can't get down there. I've tried holding it by him to get him to eat it but he's showing no interest at all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the medication in there will help him perk up and if he survives it I'll let him keep the tank to himself - although he will prove to be the most expensive damn goldfish in the history of mankind as he only cost me £3.50 and yet the new tank just cost me £30 in an attempt to keep him alive hahahahahaha

Then this afternoon I have been to homebase with their 10% off day and spent another £40 on various plants, pots, compost and little things to stick in the pot to tell me what's growing. I now have an old toilet cistern top (long story) filled with compost with 2 butternut squash plants and about 4 little carrot plants. Then I have 2 pots filled with 4 or so beetroot plants in each, 2 little pots with 2 little salad onion plants in each and a long trug with lettuce and pak choi. I also have a little herb pot I've put in the kitchen with some parsley seeds in it. I have no idea if anything will grow but I'm ridiculously excited at the idea of growing my own veg and just stepping out of my back door to pull off a few lettuce leaves and pull up a beetroot whenever I want. Whether the reality will be the same as the dream I have no idea hahahahahaha

I've also ordered the Ration Diet Book yesterday and I'm really looking forward to getting some ideas for good old fashioned traditional meals. I'm kind of fed up with trying to make fancy foods or eating diet foods etc and not really losing any weight and spending a fortune on fancy ingredients. My nan mentioned that all the organic healthy diet recommendations now are what they just used to call "food" and was talking about how healthy everyone was on rationing during the war with just basic foods and it put the idea in my head. So I am starting this whole new lifestyle of trying to grow some of my own food and going back to basics in what I eat. If it all works then I have a friend who just bought a house with a huge veg patch - as in HUGE and he's told me if I maintain it he's happy for me to grow stuff in there and I'm very tempted. Great exercise and my own allotment without costing me any money - depends on how much time it takes to maintain it but I have pictures of growing little pumpkins and potatoes and leeks and broccolli etc The pots are my own mini-version of it to see how I get on and whether I have the patience to put the time in. We'll see how it goes :)

Hello all.

I am from the Atkins board but I dip into other sections of minimins now and then as I love reading about others' weight loss methods and journeys. I hope you don't mind my posting here to tell how much I have enjoyed reading this thread - I almost feel like I know you! - and how much I admire you for doing so well, particularly Mifford. I take my hat off to you!

I am on a mission right now to break a seemingly interminable stall and today I managed to clock up two hours of exercise in three separate 'bursts'. Won't be able to keep this up for long but will do it for as as many days as I can. I have arthritis in my knees and have to be careful but needs must.

Well done again and I hope your wee fish not only survives but thrives. I am now worried about him!

Good luck everyone and keep at it x

awww thanks - I'm honestly nowhere near as commited or dedicated to it as most people on here though if I'm honest - I could probably have done a lot better if I'd really put my mind to it lol And you are more than welcome here - I don't think anyone minds what diet anyone is doing as we are all in the same boat with similar struggles.

The wee fish is still going - just. He's still lying on his side barely moving and just about breathing. I've put more treatment stuff in his tank today and I've nearly gone through the whole bottle - hope I'm not over medicating him!!! I've put some more bicarb of soda in as well and he did perk up a bit and tried to swim after I did that but he gave up again pretty quick. I've turned off the pump for a little while as its causing a circular water motion round the tank and just dragging him around with it so I thought maybe giving him a break might help and then I've left the lid off the tank to make sure he has enough air. I can't believe I'm doing it as I'm usually terrible about panicking about hurting animals etc but I've actually put my hand in and tried to stroke his belly a bit as I read online it might help - I probably just scared the living daylights out of the poor thing hahahaha If he's no better by this afternoon I'm going to go up to the other aquarium place a little bit further away where they usually have a better idea what I can do because the guy in the place yesterday was useless.

I need to get up in my loft and do some organising up there this morning I have decided. I need to do some exercise at some point too as all my good plans haven't started on that yet! So I've had a shake for breakfast and I'm saving my banana for later if I get hungry. Lunch will be salad and a shake again - probably with the other half of the cottage cheese although I do have some low fat feta in the fridge as well so might do that for a change and I've decided that dinner tonight is breaded scampi with stir fried cabbage, pak choi, carrot and baby sweetcorn.

Oh and did a weigh in this morning to see how I'm doing as I'm not being too religious on it - I'm up by 1lb which is a LOT better than I expected it to be so I'm happy with that. With any luck that means that if I stick to it then by next week my body will have stabilised and I will then start losing again :)

hi, well done still going strong i see! i have done 3 night shifts and the biscuits didnt get me!!!! feel l ike i have lost but not weighing till thurs! acttually joined a group, not sure if i said that already?
poor fishy, need some brandy in the bowl, thats what i used to do to mine, it worked strangly. hope the veggies do well! sounds great, also i have that book somewhere, its good but not ever cooked anything from it. supposed to be having a bbq today and it is supoosed to be sunny!!!!!! not much chance of either by th looks of things! have good weekend......xxx

the fish didn't make it :( Ceremonial flushing ceremony was completed this morning. So now I have an empty fish tank and no idea what to do with it lol

Well I was going very strong and then I went to the cinema yesterday to see Sex and the City 2 and a combination of pick n mix and salt and vinegar pringles attacked me in force. I just finished off both for breakfast this morning in order to get rid of them as quickly as possible - oh the shame ;)

My parents are here from tomorrow and I'm going to struggle to control what I can eat while I'm out so I've decided to get all this out of my system over the next couple of days and then get back on track from Wednesday when they go home. I will go back to shakes for hte rest of today and salad for dinner to undo yesterday and this mornings damage and then I have enough shakes to pull back to 810 or SS+ for a few days next week to undo any damage while I have visitors as well so I'm not sweating about it too much. I will then get started on exercise and healthy stuff when everyone has gone and I can concentrate on it properly and do a full shop and organise my week's menu etc. So cottage cheese salad for dinner today and feta cheese salad for lunch tomorrow - I can live with that ;)

Back