Trying to make a difference

Sorry to hear about your fish hun :( RIP lil fishie x

Well done on only being 1lb up, That`s brill! That`s the thing that worries me about going off the diet :(

Yum@ pick n mix!! I have a red bounty that James got me the other day (bless him) so I`m saving it to devour once I can!

I hope you have a fab time with your parents down - Got anything planned?

@Amanda, YAY for staying away from the biccies!! Working nights is not good, I used to eat loads of **** when I did nights lol

Have a fab Sunday everyone Xxx

Poor fish RIP.

It's tough at first when switching plans cos it's like six of one and half a dozen of the other. I think we just need to keep at it, steady and determined, good days and bad, until we hit goal and then carry on doing it all through maintenance!

Being flexible is so important. And allowing yourself to be human! We forget that at times x

poor little fish! you needed the treats to get over your loss! i had a big fat bbq yesterday!!!!! was yummmmmy! back to it today though! got a few shakes that keep calling me!!!! may do them in the week for a boost! hope you all have a fab monday!!! i am working again tonight!!! :wave_cry:

right ladies, i am back on the shakes for 3 and a half weeks untill i go on holiday!!!! i need to get in my dress! there can be no messing!! or i will be naked at this bloody wedding in greece!! my partner so fed up with my chopping and changing, as are you all prob!!! but desperate! so 100% ss here i come!! help!!

one day down, and 2 pounds down! i love this diet!

YAY! Well done and good luck with the rest of the diet x

I`m gutted cos I weighed in 2lbs HEAVIER this morning :cry: I have no idea why?? It`s my first WI tonight too :cry:

x

yep I bet its water as well - don't panic as if you read back and remember when I started I went up by 2lbs before I then went down by 7 so its not unusual when you first start. Don't lose heart with it and keep going - it could just be from switching diet types for you has made your body slightly confused but it will get there.

After 2 days of my mum and dad here and then going out with my friend and her kids today I really don't want to know what my weight is hahahahaha I ate out Monday - although I did stick to roast beef which wasn't too bad if you ignore the potatoes and yorkshire pud and although I gave in on desert I did only order from the kids menu. But then today went to Bodiam Castle with my friend and she persuaded me to have a big bit of cake with her - knowing the she NEVER allows herself to eat stuff like that and was looking forward to it so much as a treat as much as people will find it hard to believe I did actually only have the cake because I knew she wouldn't if I didn't have any and I decided I can just worry about it tomorrow. Went for the smallest slice of victoria sponge available and it didn't really taste that great so its not something that's going to spark any major cravings.

Tomorrow I am making a fish pie style thing with veggies and I have a single bowl of covent garden minestrone soup that I defrosted but didn't eat today. Time to get the points going and will start really concentrating on the points from then.

And to finish my day off today my cat didn't come back until 9pm (most unlike her) and then ran past my patio door just as I realised that she had either a black mouse, a vole or a baby rat - not sure which it was but don't think it was a rat as couldn't see a long tail but can't be sure. She dropped it and it was obviously still alive and running so I grabbed her and shoved her in the house then tried to find it in case it was dying or in shock and saw it against the flower bed next to the house so still very much alive. I went in to get a net to catch it and get it out of my garden to the field to give it a chance to survive and by the time I went back out I couldn't find it. I really hope it made its own way out of the garden and its not going to hide there in wait for me next time I do some weeding or for her to find it again in the morning!!! I can't believe how brave I was trying to go and rescue it - rodents scare the living daylights out of me!!!!!!

so the cat goes past the window this morning with something furry in her mouth again and I assume that the mouse/vole from last night didn't make it very far and she found it again so was surprised when she let it go and from her reaction it obviously got away again. I go outside and discover the one from last night dead at the back of the garden - I'm guessing it was shock killed it. Put it in the bin and couldn't work out why she was still going nuts trying to hunt something in my plants and then she chased something at full speed over to the steps. Go out to see what she's chasing and there's a little mouse or vole (not sure which) curled up terrified. I grabbed her and put her indoors and then spent 10 minutes trying to get it into a net so I could let it go somewhere else and it kept running around and trying to hide. I'm not sure who was more terrified - it at me or me at it every time it ran in my direction hahahahahhaa

I left the cat indoors for a bit to give it a chance to get away, looked out of the curtains almost an hour later and its still sat in the middle of my patio curled up shaking! So as much as I hate mice and they terrify me I can't let the cat out knowing I'm signing its death warrant so I managed to find a little box and while terrifying the poor thing I managed to get it to run into the box and put the lid on quick. Then I went down to the end of my road where there is some hedging and let it out of the box. I'm not expecting it to survive as it has blood on its leg so is obviously injured and it just sat huddled without moving but I gave it the best shot I could. Madame of the four paws was out in the garden like a shot trying to find it and I wouldn't be surprised if she went off and got it again anyway but if she did she's learnt not to bring them home hahahahha

I wish I knew where she was getting them from - she's only ever brought one mouse back before so to have 2 in 12 hours makes me think she's found a nest somewhere - I just hope its not anywhere near my house!!!!!

Back on track with the diet today as I've gained 4lbs and want that back off and no more on. And to keep me at it I've rejoined one of the internet dating sites as I finally managed to take a photo of me this morning that I quite like (unusually). Lets see where that leads :)

Naughty Puss! Tho I guess it is doing what comes natural :(

Woop Wooop for the dating site ;) You`ll have to give us the low down on all the hotties!! haha ;)

Have a fab weekend both of you Xxxx

well its day 3 and going well! 5lbs dwn!!! feel like poo though as got a bug! just drinking loads to try tp feel better! im off to the derby tom, as its just around the corner, hope those toffee apples and candyfloss dont get me!!!! have a good weekend all of you.xxx

so how much are you down in total now?

As for the dating - all I can say is that the hotties are very few and far between hahahahha The guys I like always seem to be too arrogant to even acknowledge when you "wink" at them and the ones that get in touch all seem to be looking for a woman to look after them - one on there last time told me he was looking for someone to turn him from a boy into a man. I pointed out thanks very much but he was over 40 and I don't want to be his mother hahahahahha I think the novelty of it will wear off pretty quickly and I'll just leave my profile up and see what happens.

I'm trying to get back on track today - apple for breakfast then went food shopping and had a multi-grain wrap for lunch with lettuce, celery and pineapple cottage cheese followed by a banana. Did get a little bit of a haribo attack so might stick to ratatouille and pasta for dinner to keep within my points.

How's the CD going for both of you?

Yay! for the 5lbs down :D Hope u have a fun time at the derby - STAY AWAY FROM THE YUMMY BITS!! ;)

--

Miffy, What a bummer that they`re just sad old gits on the dating site! Might be good for a giggle tho I guess ;)

I know I shouldn`t encourage you, But I ADORE Haribo! So next time you have some, Have some for me ;) :8855:

CD is going great for me :) Having a bad day today as I have been out ALL day and wasn`t planning to be so have only had 500mls of water and hadn`t had any shakes or anything :sigh:

Have had a tetra cos I had the major shakes then had a choc shake with half a pint of water now I`m home. Still got a shake and my main meal to go but not had anymore water :sigh:

Have a lovely weekend hun Xxxx

you definitely want to keep up the fluid intake - I had a suspected kidney stone last year because I didn't and trust me its not a pleasant experience. I actually ended up in A&E at one point because the spasms were causing me so much pain that I was shaking and virtually collapsed - never known anything like it. In my case I think its that when I come off CD I don't keep the fluid intake up and it goes from loads to nothing as well.

So I'm in my bikini today in the garden for the first time in a very loooong time. Its definitely looked worse on me than it does right now and I can probably get away with it in the privacy of my back garden but all I can say is its a pretty big incentive to get back on with WW I can tell you! lol

So today I have been angelic on my points - I started this morning with a small bowl of optivita then lunchtime I had a big plate of salad, a couple of sticks of celery, the other half of the tub of cottage cheese with pineapple and 3 rice cakes. I was stuffed by the time I finished eating it all! I'm now getting peckish with a sweet tooth so I'm about to have either an apple, a pear or a kiwi - haven't decided yet - and in the slow cooker I have beef cooking in half a pint of guiness and some stock and a load of veggies. I'll eat half this evening with a few new potatoes and the rest will go in the freezer as a microwave meal for another night. And at the end of all that I still have something like 5 points left so will be having yoghurt and blueberries for pudding and any leftover points will be saved for me to make rhubarb bread and butter pudding tomorrow when its likely to be wet and I will fancy something sweet and stodgy. I'm loving the flexibility of it again and with any luck by next weekend it will be showing on the scales again as well.

As for the dating site - well I have a number of guys getting in touch all of a sudden. One I've started talking to but I'm not really feeling any spark - I'll see where it goes but not sure about it. The other one is really REALLY cute but if his profile is right then he's 2 inches shorter than me. I've been honest with him and said that I know its totally shallow but if I'm with a guy shorter than me it makes me feel like the jolly green giant and I get very self-conscious and I just can't date them. Is that really bad? hahahaha I just can't stop thinking though that if you go out with some guy and feel like resting your head on his shoulder I don't want to have to bend my knees to do it!!!! hahahahahahhahahahha

Oh and I had some complete creep on there last night on the IM who got in touch to see if I was interested in a committed relationship where he was loyal but he wanted me to sleep with other men. I told him next time he comes back from the pub and wants a cheap thrill go find someone else. I felt like I needed a shower to wash off the creepy!!!!!!!! Hopefully there won't be too many like that.

Between the dating site and all the compliments I'm getting on my latest set of photos I took my ego is really enjoying this week I can tell ya lol

How was the derby?

oh no - the shorter guy I've been chatting to by email and he's really sweet and funny and the kind of guy I would get on with so well. I wonder if I can get him to wear high heels hahahahahahaha

The slow cooked beef in guinness from last night was yummmmmmmmmmm - I feel kind of guilty saying it when you two aren't eating but it really was delicious. Today I'm undecided on what I will do - I think I might hit some bubble and squeek made with just spinach, cabbage which needs using up, a couple of potatoes all mashed together and grilled with a little bit of cheese grated over the top. It sounds minging but its one of my favourite meals and obviously very low on points. I'm about to go fix a fruit salad for breakfast with the yoghurt I didn't get round to eating yesterday.

I hate to say it but I'm much preferring weight watchers to drinking shakes - lets hope the scales agree lol

Oooh! I would love to try the Beef in Guinness!! YUMMO!!!

What you have planned for tonight sounds lush too - You`ll have to tell me exact ingredients ;)

:8855: at making short guy wear high heels - You never know, He may be into that ;) LOL

Hope ur both having a lovely Sunday! Xx

the bubble and squeek literally chop up cabbage, chop up spinach, quarter potatoes and put them all in the steamer. When they are cooked transfer them to a dish and add a little bit of butter/marg and some milk and mash everything together same as you would with normal mash. Then grate a bit of cheese over the top and pop it under the grill until it browns off - or in the oven for 10-15 minutes again until browned on top. That's it. Easiest meal ever and bizarelly I love it. I know with bubble and squeek you can add other leftovers too so I will find a proper recipe one day to make it properly.

My good plans didn't quite happen again lol I went to watch my goddaughter run the 5K Race for Life this afternoon - its in tribute to her other godmum who died of cancer in March. Jane's daughter wanted to go to the ice cream place they all used to go to when she was a kid afterwards for sentimental reasons and it was hard to not as it was obviously very important to her and we all ended up having huge honeycomb ice cream sundaes. I decided when I came home to have a tuna salad and a banana to try and limit the damage!! I had melon with yoghurt for breakfast and made the sundae as lunch - although as I typed that I just remembered that her boyfriend got me a magnum ice cream on the way down too which I'd forgotten about so its getting worse by the second! I guess that it could have been worse - could have eaten all of that and had a huge lunch and an unhealthy dinner so at least I limited the damage as best as I could.

I could kick myself though - of the 5lbs I'd regained in the last week and a half I'd taken 2 back off this week and its probably undone that. Oh well - back to it tomorrow I guess and if I start the exercise too in the morning then that will help and I did have some points saved from yesterday I guess.

It was a one off and for a good reason and you reigned yourself in after - Don`t beat yourself u over it hun x

Your tea sounds yum! I will be sure to make that when I`m eating properly again :D

Xxx

the exercise didn't happen due to another totally hectic day with work - the last few weeks on the job I'm working on have been insane!

Missed lunch and was relieved to have some shakes left and be able to grab one. Breakfast was a fresh fruit salad with apple, pear, satsuma, grapefruit, blueberries, melon and kiwi fruit topped with natural bio yoghurt and a few flaked almonds. It was awesome.

Then I didn't get to cook dinner until gone 7 this evening before rushing back out again at 8 but I did at least manage to make bubble & squeek finally which was lush. The other half of it is in the freezer as a nice easy meal to reheat next week. And I finally managed to make rhubarb bread crumble. Oh. My. God!!! It was way too sweet so couldn't eat much of it but it tasted sooooo good. And as its mainly rhubarb with a bit of bread and low sugar custard it was relatively low in points too. I've saved half of it in the fridge to have cold tomorrow when hopefully it'll be slightly less sweet and a friend is popping round for lunch to help me with it and a cup of tea lol

I had to pop something to my goddaughter's this evening too and forgot the landlord might be there. Having decided its not worth the hassle he walks in, grins to say hello and there's me totally hooked again damnit!!! The bad news is my friend was at the same party as him at the weekend and was building up to dropping something into the conversation, he told her about his dating life being in drought at the moment and just as she was about to drop something into the conversation a load of other friends sat down with them and she said if she'd said something then it would have made it a really big deal which I don't want. And he left not long after which is law of sod. I think she was more frustrated by it than I was hahahahaha

But I did turn up there tonight still wearing my silky dress from work which is just above knee length with my heels on and I've been told I look pretty good in it so if he hasn't noticed by now then there really is no hope!!! She's going to see if she can work it in some other way without it making either of us uncomfortable if I go round there but I'll let you know what happens.

Back