Trying to make a difference

Guess what I got into this morning - and did up - and sat down

:bliss::girlpower::bliss:

Now I need a new goal .....

Oh and my goddaughter is now creeping - I have had a number of texts this morning, oddly asking if I could get in my jeans just after I'd finished trying which was creepy. So far I've been invited to either lunch or dinner on Sunday - I turned down on the basis I'm not eating - which was followed by tea and a country walk or they will go for a ramble and meet me in the pub. I've decided its not worth the fight but at the same time I'm done with making too much effort so I've left it that I don't know what I'm doing yet and will get back to her. I'm being a cow I know but at the same time I think I've earnt the right to be :D

Going to the butchers and greengrocers today and going to get down to it seriously and stick to 100% from now on in. I'm trying to find out if I can use Coleman's shepherd's pie mix on my quorn mince without cheating but no-one has replied to my question yet - I'll have to check with the CDC tomorrow and see if she knows.

2nd weigh in tomorrow - I know I must have lost inches at least this week as the jeans now go on so I'm kind of excited about finding out my weight. Still panicking at not having my scales!!!

Hope your day goes well too xx

Hi, well all packed! not sure hoe i am gonna push a buggy,carry 2 bags and drag a suite case!Iam thinking of the calories i will burn though, probably through stress alone! I have not heard a thing from my so called best friend , not even to say have a nice time! so just going to forget it and have a good time. When i get back i will plan things to do with other friends who dont let me down, and i should see more of!

Anyway , how was your evening? i just went to bed as was gonna chew through my partners arm before long! feel better today, and did jump on the scales and to my shock have lost 5lb! s thats 11 in 2 weeks! really pleased and given me incentive to carry on 100%.I will be logging on at my mums, thurs eve to see how you have done, i am sure you will have lost a good amount as you have been angelic! bet you cant wait to get on a set of scales! haha! you have been so good not to get on so far! good luck for weigh in, you dont need it! have another good day, and thanks for your support it really does help, diet and other stuff.x

Also forgot to comment on your friend that said you look older when you loose weight! what a nice lady she sounds! i think she has her own issues! cleary your new found confidence and slim line body! which just shows you must really be looking good to have this effect on people, women can be so competitive! i think the green eyed monster is coming out! a agirl at my work has just lost 4 stone in 3 months on LL, everyone is saying she looks too thin,when infact shee is a good size 12, the right weight for her body, they are just used to seeing her bigger, and are all obsessed with who looks better than who! women! I think she looks great, and wish i could be as good as he,she didint cheat once! ho hum! x

see - if you lost 11lbs in 2 weeks you can't be cheating that much!!! that's awesome - well done.

I'm not expecting to lose anywhere near that much by tomorrow. I lost 7 the first week and I'll be very happy with 2 this week which is what I'm expecting. I have 2 stone to lose in total but I know that at this weight it will come off very slowly - at this level it did last time. Anything over that will be a bonus but I'm not expecting it.

Plus I think I've inadvertantly cheated more than I think hahaha I've been eating all the wrong foods and haven't weighed anything at all. I think I've probably been having more veg then technically allowed as well - I'm probably doing something in between SS+ and 810. But if I'm still losing then I'm happy - I'm less worried about how fast it comes off this time as I need to do it in a way that I can stick to. As long as I do stick to it and keep the weight coming off at any speed then I'm happy. And 2lbs off this week will put me back where I was the whole of last summer and was happy so my clothes will all fit and I'll know I'm looking fine - obviously I want to go below that but that was the main thing I had in my head to get back to as my endo was very happy with me staying at that weight based on how I looked. Yes still overweight but not to a degree that I looked unhealthily overweight with it - I'm lucky to have a very realistic endo thankfully.

I think the whole thing with people saying you look too skinny or their shock reactions isn't so much the size you get to its the speed with which it comes off. Virtually every woman I know has been brainwashed by Weight Watchers at some point in their life to believe that its the only healthy way to lose weight and losing it too quick is bad. Losing it quick is the only thing that makes me stick to it! lol Plus people losing a lot of weight that fast is usually caused by illness and I'm guessing its a kind of pre-programmed reaction to seeing it. Luckily for me this time round as I don't have so much to lose (only another 12lbs to get back to where I was before) it won't be so drastic for people to see it and I shouldn't get the same reactions - I hope :)

Haven't made it down the butchers yet today and its Wednesday so they will probably be shut this afternoon - I got distracted trying to find a kettle I like as mine isn't boiling properly which is a disaster at the moment! Did consider popping to Sainsburys but decided to take some salmon out of the freezer for tonight instead and sort it out on the way back from CDC tomorrow instead. Plus I'm still wee-ing for England!! Its amazing - I get no advance warning either. I go from nothing to wetting myself in 60 seconds flat - which my friend tells me is quite an impressive party trick hahahaha I think I must have been retaining water this last week with totm as I know I'm drinking a lot but not enough to explain it!!!

Have a great time in France, hope you manage to stick with it as much as possible and can't wait to see your results when you get back - even if you lose any weight when you are away can you imagine how much better you are going to feel?!

Last edited:
oh and part of the reason I'm more relaxed about my weight loss - although the CDC has set my goal at 2 stone my own personal goal is 21 lbs more so if I lose roughly 2lbs a week I will get there bang on the point at which I have to come out of ketosis and can go straight into maintenance. If I lose more than that great but if not then I'm happy with it as its more maintainable

According to my scales I'm another 3.5lbs down this week - according to the CDC I'm 3.75lbs down. I'm actually going to go with my scales this time as its easier to calculate lol

I'm absolutely over the moon with that as I know I've not been that rigid to stick to SS+ at 100% this last week - nothing too bad but the odd bit of cheese here and there and eating eggs and quorn sausages etc which aren't on the list and possibly more veg than technically allowed. Not a lot of veg but I've not calculated whether its 2 spoonfuls or not as it will depend on how small its chopped etc etc so I've just been having something like quarter of a courgette and half a mushroom and saying stuff it if its technically too much. So I really wasn't expecting so good a loss.

I'm also 0.5 of an inch off my waist which puts me at 35 inches down from 35.5 which is great as it puts me right on the edge of the OK banding on waist measurement which is a HUGE improvement for me as I've always carried my weight around my middle because of my thyroid and hormone problems. I am now only 1 inch off being in the "normal" waist measurement band and healthwise that is really important for me. Where I am at 1 inch over will make my doctors very happy as its a very healthy place to be - if I make the extra inch then fantastic but if I don't I'm so close that they will be satisfied with that and my health risks over the last year have reduced so much its insane. Not to mention how my shape has changed!!!

So my BMI is now 29 and the CDC mentioned that once I get that down to 28 I have to switch to 810 which was new to me - when I did this a year ago no-one checked my BMI level. That was great to hear though - I just worked out that I think I have to lose about another 9lbs to get to 28, possibly less, which means I have in my head that I only need to be strict for another 3 or 4 weeks and I can start to go up the steps and let myself have a little bit more food. That's awesome to know as it will really help me stay focused the next week or so to get that bit closer to it knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Knowing when I can get a bit of a break really helps me put the diet into the category of choosing to do this and wanting to rather than feeling like I'm fighting myself to have to do it.

So I'm now 1lb down from where I spent the whole of last summer which is fantastic because it means I can now wear everything in my wardrobe this summer with confidence again because I know it will fit and look good as I was quite happy with how I looked last year. From now on in every ounce that comes off is a bonus and gets me back to looking better all the time. Plus its only 9lbs to get back to where I stopped last time and from then on in its getting me further down than I've been in about 20 years.

Did a Sainsburys shop on the way home - was going to shop locally but couldn't find anywhere to park! - and picked up some pork, chicken, turkey and haddock (unsmoked this time) together with 4 baby courgettes, some asparagus tips and 2 whole mushrooms so tonight I am going to make chicken keebab. I also picked up some herbs and spices for chargrilled chicken and fish to bring some flavour to everything. And as a treat I am now the proud owner of Avatar on dvd as I haven't seen it yet and decided I'd earnt it. Oh and a nice new kettle but that's because its essential right now. There were 2 I was looking at and rather than going for the cheaper one I decided that I had earnt the one I wanted which cost more - and I'll worry about the credit card bill later lol

So I'm 10.5lbs down in 2 weeks - I can't believe it!!! Feeling light as a feather and over the moon right now and life is very VERY good

just checked on the Cambridge website and to get to a BMI of 28 is exactly 7lbs from where I weighed in today - so if I'm really really strict and can do 3.5lbs a week then that is 2 weeks and I can go up to 810 and that's a massive motivator. 100% here I come :)

omg, thats fantastic! well done, i am so pleased for you! you are doing so well! i am in france, it bit chilly but not raining! i have treated myself to day today with a cake! thats it now, strict from now! i had such a horrid journey i needed something to keep me sane! but the shakes are out now ready for the morning! have checked my mums fridge and its all good! keep up the good work hun! i will log in tom!x

well done mifford! happy cos youre so happy! it rubs off.

thanks both of you. Actually you can tell me one thing I've been wondering - what is STS when people are talking about their weight loss? I've worked out most other stuff but that one has me stumped.

Amanda well done on it only being one cake on the way over - travelling on your own with baby and lots of baggage is stressful enough that that's actually quite an achievement lol

I'm struggling today in actually eating 3 shakes and my water intake. My CDC is a 30 minute drive from me and my appointment was at 9.30am. When I take my thyroid meds I have to leave it half an hour before I eat or drink anything and I got up so late this morning that it meant I didn't have time to have breakfast or drink anything before I went. Then on the way back I needed to go and vote and then do my shopping which meant I didn't actually have anything to eat or drink until 12pm so now its 7pm and having had 2 shakes and chicken keebabs I'm absolutely stuffed and have no idea how I'm going to fit a 3rd shake in tonight - especially as I still have about 3/4 of a litre of water to get through too. I'm thinking one day not getting it quite right isn't really going to hurt though right?

Morning, hope your appoinment went well! :eek: i have only just seen your post re god daughter! we must write and post them at the same time , sometimes? anyway, your not being a cow i think she deserves a bit of a brush off! also she knows you are doing CD so why arrange something that involves food and drink? just go and have fun with some other poeple and let them wonder what your up to for a change. Glad you got to the butchers, chicken kebabs sound good! i will try when i get home!!! my shakes are out ready to go, and a chicken breast has my name on it for dinner! can i ask ,do you use bars ? hope you have a good day, keep being fab.x:cool:

I did have a few bars last time but I'm trying to put them off as long as possible this time - I like them a bit too much lol

With the bars I always feel like I haven't actually eaten and always want another one straight after - they feel more like a snack than a meal. If the urge to chew gets too bad this time though I'll get some more - I did mention it to the CDC yesterday. I could maybe use them as a desert after I have my green and white meal.

I'm just sitting here watching the news this morning waiting to see how long it will be before we know which disaster of all the options we have open to us will be the election outcome. I'm keeping in my head that at least if I get skinnier on CD then I won't need to eat so much in the future when I can no longer afford food lol

Oh and I'm sat watching it in my cord mini skirt over the top of my leggings with a skinny fit t-shirt ... feeling pretty damn good still this morning :D

look at you in a mini! i have got 50 layers on as it is freezing! cant even be bothered to look at the news! its doesnt look good! dont like any of them! when i get back from france going to try to do ss for as many days as i can! holiday getting closer! going to the zoo today so not sure i will be able to have my shake, my french not that good to ask them to make it for me! wil have to do some damage limitation! as lond as i dont put on this week i will be happy. hope you have a good day.x

can you try and do the plus part of the ss+ and have a chicken salad or something and then have the shakes when you get back? Just don't eat all the salad as you don't want to come out of ketosis.

Wearing a different mini today over leggings again but with my uggs because my feet are freezing and I am shivering like crazy thinking I don't care how cold I am - my legs are looking awesome hahahahaha

Spoke to my goddaughter for the first time earlier and she's asked if I want to go to the theatre tonight with her and the boyfriend so as much as I'm still annoyed I may just put it aside rather than sit her watching the news go on and on and on about the hung parliament - there won't be a decision until at least next week and I really don't want to hear about the 400 different possible outcomes!!! lol

As much as its chaos there is part of me that is enjoying the fact that we currently don't have an elected government - it fits nicely with the rebel in me hahahahaha

Still sticking to it - I'm struggling to get all the water down the last couple of days as I've started getting out and doing more but I'm finding the diet itself so much easier to stick to now. Had porridge shake for breakfast and toffee and walnut for lunch and this evening is choc mix-a-mousse after turkey stir fry with some quorn bacon bits thrown in to give it some major flavour. Hope it goes better than last night's pork escalope thing which came out of the oven totally shrivelled and dried after I got caught on the phone to my mum and didn't take it out of the oven when I should have lol

Good luck and keep up the good work xx

Hey! I`m stalking you :8855:

Just came to see how you`re doing and you`re doing FAB!! Well done :D

After reading how well you`re doing on this with the Thyroid issue I`ve decided I am going to try it next month :D I`m unable to get an appt with my Dr until after next week so I think new month, new start is best :D

While I`m in stalker mode, Where roughly do you live Amanda? I`m also in Surrey and have a 4 yr old if you live anywhere near and fancied meeting up? I live in Camberley :)

Hope you both have a great weekend, Mine is lazy so far but I need to get off my lardarse and get housework and exercise done :rolleyes:

Xxxxx

feel free to stalk away - it makes me feel special :D

the diet isn't easy and takes a lot of getting your head round - especially the first 5 days - but if you can get the mental part right then it really does work. In my case its the only thing I've ever done that does. Sounds like you have your head in the right place so just persevere the first week and stick with it and then watch the weight falling off - you'll be amazed at not just the difference on the scales so quickly but the speed with which your shape changes.

I'm having a lazy weekend now too - its not stopped raining so all I've done is go and pic up my photos from the framers and then I'm curled up now in a sweatshirt (got too cold to care about looks as there's only the cat here lol) catching up on stuff I've recorded and about to watch some dvds. I'm in too minds about going to the theatre later or not - I'm kind of knackered as the cat woke me up too early this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep and everyone else is now possibly going out for a meal first which I obviously don't want to do right now so I'm thinking I might be a total lazy cow and stay here. Then I can go over there tomorrow for a cuppa at some point and hopefully then the landlord will be there to appreciate that my legs are looking incredibly long and in much better shape in my skirt than they were two weeks ago *insert evil grin wrapped up in the face of innocence here*

Good luck and let us know how you get on - and feel free to stalk away xx

hi, firstly sacred silence, i live in chipstead near epsom! not too far quite close to m25 ! still i nfrance and my will power is dwinderling! i fear a brie and french bread lunch coming on! helllllp! also my other half is in spain and him and his friends got set apon by 30 welshe men, using the word men loosley! and one is in hospital ! so now worried about him as he has 2 more nights there! i always eat in times of stress!!!!!!!!! i have been good so far, not angelic i might add but for me quite saintly! i am thinking shall i just wait till i get home tomorrow and start afresh! with 6 weeks till my holiday!!!! can get into my size 14 s now! want to get in 12 in 6 weeks!!!!!! karen you get those legs over to your god daughters and show them what you got girl! you deserve a bit of attension! you worked so hard!xxxxx

nooooooo stay strong - brie tastes like crap anyway! When I was going nuts over haribos my friend told me to imagine an 80 stone wrestler and oddly enough it put me off eating anything immediately lol

the brie got me! omg! it was soooooooooooooooo good but feel bad now! home tom so ss here i come for 6 weeks, bikini count down here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i am a crap diet buddy i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back