Trying to make a difference

oh no! my cat has just run past the window with a baby bird in her mouth - I HATE it when she does that! She's trying to bring it in to show me and as much as I want to take it off her I did notice its head move on its own so I kind of have to let her finish it before I take it away from her. She is however locked out of the house because she is NOT bringing me presents!!!!!!

Well that put me off my breakfast I can tell ya.

Oh and yes my CDC's scales are 1lb lower but it does mean that they were 1lb lower when I started too so the weight loss is the same hahahahahaha I'm ok with 2lbs to be honest - its only because I'd like to get the next 7lbs off quicker so I can get back to normal. I probably need to keep a closer eye on my water intake as I've been slacking slightly plus I did switch down to 3 shakes on SS for a few days and she thinks I may need a bit more than that so its possible that slowed it this week too. Or its just that I've not got so much to lose so it will be slow - its still 12.5lbs in 3 weeks which is awesome and it's only because I had in my head that if I lost the same as last week then that would be my 1 stone reached already. I need to learn patience lol

she started playing with it and throwing it around - she always has to do it right in front of the patio windows where I'm sitting! I know its what cats do and its the natural order of things but I have now had to go rescue it into a plastic bag and its now in the bin - seems such a disrespectful thing to do but its better than the cat throwing the poor dead thing in the air to see if she can catch it.

She's only 3 so hasn't yet learnt that birds aren't toys and I don't like them - she's got this real quizzical look on her face wondering where it went and why I'm not very proud of her as I should be lol

Oh no!@ your eye. What do you think is wrong with it? Hope you manage to get a Drs appt!!

Yaaay for staying away from the Haribos ;) I love love love them and often scoff a pack at work with one of the Drs lol

Ack@ cat! But I guess it`s natural for them isn`t it. My cats used to catch shrews and chase them round the kitchen :rolleyes: My hubbie used to have to go down in the middle of the night and release them as their terror squeaks would keep us awake!

Woooop!! for 2lbs down! That`s a good loss for just one week hun. I`m lucky if I get that in a month LOL Saying that, I`m quietly confidant that I`ve hit my next mini target :D :D :D I weighed in this am (mid week :p ) and I`m still 13st 1lbs and I always gain at least a couple of lbs when I`m all fat,bloated and hormonal! My next mini goal was to get into the 12 st bracket.
I`ve also lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 inch off each of my arms & thighs in the last 12 days!

Amanda, Try not to stress about your deadline. I`m sure you`ll do fine if you`re going to SS from now until then. And just ignore the stupid bints who make fun of you. How fricken rude of them! Tbh I would rather be a bit weighty than be a shallow unlikable person!! Hope you have a fab time.

Good luck too!

I have accepted the friend requests :D

Btw the Swordfish was LUSH! It`s realy "meaty". It`s a bit pricey but was worth it I feel and will deffo buy it again! Xx

bless the little pusst cat, she is just showing you how much she loves you! haha . My cat used to fish next doors fish out of the pond and bring them in to me, i used to find them in my down stairs toilet! nice! perhaps she thinks you are looking skinny and hungry and has bought you a treat! haha!

i am gonna have the 4 shakes as i think my metabolism will shut down completly if i have 3? on LL you have 4 and it works just fine, not having any food or milk though. 1 shake down, 3 to go! oh and so happy as been doing controlled crying thing at night with molly (daughter) and she slept almost through thr night last night! yeah, i only had to get up once, and that was just to put covers on her! :eek:

have a good day ladies.xx:D

awesome re daughter sleeping through - that must be such a relief when they finally start to get there.

Don't be fooled with the puss-le-cat - she doesn't bring the presents for me she just wants to bring them in so the other cats can't get them! In fact as soon as I went out she tried to run away with it because she knows I'm going to take it off her lol She's still glaring at me for taking her new toy away. I just hope she hasn't been off helping herself to others as well - she picked up a virus from eating birds when she was a kitten and it nearly killed her. So she now forever carries it and if she sparks that up again it makes her sick and then I have to get her to the vets for all manner of injections and anti-biotics etc etc and it makes her sensitive to whatever food she's eating at the time. As I've finally found one she can eat - and boy does she eat - I don't want to have to go through the whole hunt again. She was ever so skinny as a kitten because she was always sick - since the new vets have stopped it she still eats as if she's going to be sick all the time and is now 3 times wider than she should be! I need CD for cats lol

The eye the nurse thinks is either the start of a stye or some other kind of eye infection so has given me antibiotic drops and hopefully it'll clear up quite quick. Definitely stopped it swelling after I put the first ones in so keeping my fingers crossed it might start going back down by tomorrow.

But as I can't sit at my computer straining my eyesight today I have been out clothes shopping instead. Found it strangely annoying that I've lost enough weight that I'm not so portly any more and the size 14 now fits comfortably but its actually left me with my jeans sliding low slightly and I've lost from my waist and top quicker than my belly and hips and bizarelly I actually look bigger in stuff than I did 12.5lbs bigger - ruddy typical hahahahahaha I'm keeping in mind that by next week I'll have lost more and the stuff will just keep looking better and better as time goes on.

Going to see my CDC next week now instead and I was discussing with her that if I do SS then I don't get hungry enough but SS+ means that it sparks off in my head a desire to eat although I am coping with that so have been doing SS+ instead. She has suggested that maybe I should get some bars and do the 3 shakes and nibble on a bar throughout the day as snacks and that would make sure I have enough going in to stop my metabolism slowing down too much. Not a bad idea methinks.

Well done on the goal reaching SS - especially if you aren't doing CD yet!!! I'm heading towards trying to beat the 13 stone mark and get into 12s - that is a huge one for me. I'm now down to 13 stone 7.5lbs and the 13 is the one I'm desperate to hit again. If I can get down to 12 stone 7lbs this time I'd be over the moon - last time I stopped at bang on 13 and I was wearing size 12s so I'll be happy to get just under that again even if its not my ideal medical weight. So I have another 8lbs in my head - which is so close its frustrating if its going to take me 4 weeks to do that. Why can't the 1st week's weight loss just keep going?! lol

Oh and the rest of my day I'm having a big argument with South East Water. They had a manhole cover that they hadn't repaired properly pop up in the road a little while back and as I drove along I couldn't see it until I was on top of it and it took out my entire wheel. Cost me £268 to replace and after months of deciding if it was their liability or not they've now admitted it is but offered me £238 full settlement. They say the difference is for wear and tear of the tyre as they won't put me in the position of "betterment". Well that's great - except I can't buy a bloody worn tyre now can I and as it didn't need replacing for about another 4 years it doesn't exactly seem reasonable to me! Plus I have pointed out that firstly it was a good tyre in really good condition and they should only be discounting the trye and not the wheel and at that level of discount they have reduced it by about 50% which is completely unreasonable!! My garage are now trying to find where they put the tyre and wheel so they can email her with a note of their opinion on the condition so we can then discuss it again. I'm furious with her though - talk about rip people off.

"Well done on the goal reaching SS - especially if you aren't doing CD yet!!!"

that's SS as in SacredSilence not as in Soul Source - I realised afterwards that its very confusing hahahaha

another good day, ss today! do miss my chicken though! have spent most of the day on the toilet, as drunk 3lt of water today! still got thumping head! hope your eye is ok! and you had a good day.x

omg - I want to chew something sooooooooooooooooooooo badly right now! I'm almost ready to chew my hands off to stop myself but I'm really struggling tonight. I WILL ignore it as I've made sure that there isn't anything in my house and it would involve me making a conscious decision to go out to buy things that will break the diet and that is what stops me. But damn its hard right now!!

Its not even like I'm hungry - just wanting to chew something. I can't think of anything I have in the house that would fulfill the craving and still keep me on track either - I'm wishing I had a pack of ham that I could munch on because although it would up my calories slightly it would still probably keep me in ketosis.

Darn it darn it darn it darn it darn it - going to have a hot cup of tea to see if that helps and if all else fails I'm going to bed to watch tv in the hope it'll stop it.

Just a flyby x

What about chewing ice? x

hi hun, hope you managed to stop your chewing urge! i just went t obed as was hungry! :( i woke up today not hunrgry though! you need some bars!!!! dont worry so much about ketosis its the minimal calories that makes you loose weight! easy to get back into ketosis! ;)
off to work tonight so that will be a test! got 3 nights in a row:eek:! will have to be prepared! hows the eye this morning? x

eye sore and painful and more swollen - I'm hoping it will peak soon and then start to get better. It's fine though - just feels a bit like its been punched I guess.

chewing - ummm yeah - cashew nuts I found in the cupboard cured it :) I think having only lost 2lbs this week (or 1 3/4lbs pretty much) after being so good my head is thinking that if I just had a few haribos then it'll be fine. I know its purely psychological - could be slightly hormonal too - and I will get past it but I kind of need to see a decent loss this week. I did increase my fluid intake again yesterday so was peeing loads again and with any luck that will have an affect. There's a little bit of boredom on there too - I need to start getting a little bit more creative in my meals I think - might get some ham today as its got that stronger flavour to it. I was surprised its not on the list of allowed foods this time - I'm sure it was allowed last year so I'm going to say stuff it and get some anyway.

I've also got in my head that I've done 3 weeks already and if I get as far as next Thursday then its 1 month and its hard to keep my head in the right place as its going yep that's fine, long enough, you can eat now. I am resisting it but its not easy. I do know that another couple of days and my head will switch back again - not looking forward to this weekend though and I'm hoping its sunny so I can get busy in the garden and keep myself busy! lol

Bars I find dangerous - stopping at one takes more willpower than I generally have hahahaha They don't fill me up at all and just make me crave another one. I might get a couple next week to cover me in case I need them but I limit how many I have available to me as I will very easily eat all of them in one go.

I will get there - purely because stubborness won't let me give in :)

Good luck with work tonight - you can do it! Just get in your head that if you really really REALLY want something you can have it but you are choosing not to and it makes a big difference psychologically

:wave_cry: haha cashew nuts! they would def cure it, but i would need a whole bag! i know what you mean, you want big losses every week! i do and if i dont get them i think well i might as well eat as i could loose the same on ww! but we know this is not true, as we have all done ww and sw and rc and all the rest.

Just get your head back in a good place and you will be fine! keep drinking, it really helps! good for cellulite too, not that im implying you have any! after LL last year i had hardly any cellulite left! must be the water, as i did no excersise! this time i am using nivea cellulite cream and fat busting siluette cream, i will be well moisturised if nothing else! :cool:

Ham, has alot of hidden sugar added to it , thats why you cant have it! unless you get the organic no added expensive stuff!
would love a ham and mustard sandwich now!!! just had my first choc mint shake of the day! getting a bit addicted to them! i seem to drink them in 2 seconds flat now!! and then crave another one!

off now to drink some water! hope your eye improves soon! have a good no chewing day.xxx

ooo that's odd - I'm just drinking a hot mint choc shake right now. Love them - although I think the pure chocolate is probably my favourite right now.

I might try and get a little bit of red meat to add in from tomorrow - not very much of it but I'm sure that the odd sausage or bit of steak isn't really going to do me that much harm if I limit it to once a week. I'll see how I feel but I'm thinking that as I didn't eat what I was meant to the first 2 weeks and did ok and then this last week I was perfect and didn't lose so much its not a great incentive to make me stick to it rigidly lol

I had the same conversation with someone yesterday when they said that at 2lbs I could lose the same on WW. My argument was that if I only lost 2lbs on 600 calories a day then quite clearly I would not lose the same on WW and this is exactly why I do CD - they couldn't argue that one lol I actually gained weight on WW as well - things are probably different now I'm being medicated but at the same time I like CD and the fact that I don't have to make choices on it. The lack of options to go wrong make it so much easier and I can stick to it knowing this is what I have to do and that's all there is to it - plus it is nice not to have to be cooking all the time and leaves me spare time :)

In fact for my lunch I just finished mowing my back lawn. Was amazed at how exhausted I felt though seeing as how I have a very small lawn so have decided not to push it and will do the front lawn over the weekend. And to think I was considering taking the bike out at the weekend or starting back on the cross trainer! I have no idea how people are doing exercise while on 600 calories because I am absolutely certain now that I wouldn't be able to do it.

I guess today I've decided to take my own advice and I've reminded myself that I'm CHOOSING to do this and not being forced to and if I really really want something to eat then I can make that choice. Brain now switched back on.

Plus I got back to my thongs being comfortable to wear (sorry tmi but in reality they aren't comfy when I'm bigger!) and I got into my Tommy Hilfiger jeans today that I haven't worn for over a year - wahoooooooooooo. They are sitting very low and digging in my stomach though and I probably need to be about another 5-7lbs down to make them comfortable and that was a pretty big incentive to stick to it :)

oh and the other change I'm making today is that I'm going to see what happens if I don't add the fibre plus stuff. I've always automatically taken it because I now constipation can be a problem for me with my thyroid and I'm not sure its really been helping much as this week I feel very bloated etc and not going much *blush*

I did read someone on here saying you shouldn't take it if you are constipated - not sure I am but just in case I'm going to try cutting it out for a few days and see if it helps. Or maybe cut it down to just one spoonful in my porridge in the morning to see if that's enough. I'll let you know how it goes - although not in too much detail obviously :8855::8855:

Sorry for skim reading and missing bits out but I pop on and off the laptop!

Woohoooo for getting into your jeans :D I`m having a jeans dilemma at the moment. My 16s have started to fall down as I walk around but I have an extra person hanging over the top of my 14s LOL :rolleyes:

I also have a CD dilemma but rather than spam your thread I`ll leave the link to it if you want to read it (or not lol) http://www.minimins.com/xenical/150091-woop-woop.html

I hope today is going well for you both, Keep it up!!

Btw do either of you have MSN? (I sound like a stalker :cool::p )

Xxxxx

no MSN unfortunately - it interferes with one of my business programmes for some reason so I had to remove it.

I replied on your dilemma - not sure if the 1000 plan would work for you but might be worth looking at.

I'm going great today but the mental cravings are pretty strong. The good news is I really can't be bothered to go round the shop round the corner to get anything to satisfy them so my sheer laziness is keeping me on track :8855:

Yep my jeans are kind of the same - the Hilfiger ones are quite slim fit on the top and I am definitely carrying a spare muffin around with them which is what's keeping me on track right now because I really like them and want to wear them again. And I WILL wear them again even if it kills me :)

ok I woke up this morning and all I can think about again is food. I knew as soon as I said that I was finding it easy I'd regret it! lol

I had a chicken stir fry last night and I swear if I eat another piece of chicken or fish I'm going to heave. I'm sure its more mental than anything and if I can get through it then I'll be fine but I've decided that I'm going to go shopping today and I'm going to look at switching up to 810 for a few days until I get past this bit. Just giving myself that freedom has instantly made me relax and it could be I don't actually do it but I'm going to put the option there.

Part of me is thinking "oh no I failed" and the other part of me is thinking that by doing this I WON'T fail!

I am confused by the amount of veg I should have though - which might be why I'm craving so much at the moment. When I look at the recipes in the 810 book the amount of veg on them looks like waaaay more than 3 tablespoons! How the hell do you do a bed of lettus, celery and spring onions all in 3 tablespoons??! surely one celery stick on its own is going to be all 3???!!!! It must be literally 2 sliced bits of celery, a spring onion and 2 lettuce leaves!

It could be that I don't do full 810 and I might just do a modified version of it because generally I'm not worried about adding the milk in on top beyond what I already have in my tea but I think I'm going to increase my meal slightly to give me something a bit more flavoursome to look forward to in the evening.

It's either that or I'm breaking out the banana nut muffin mixes from the cupboard hahahahahahaha

Hope everyone else is going better than I am.

morning, give me banana nut muffins any day!!! hahaha! i think you should do what is gonna make it easyer for you! just modify a bit, you will still loose well, come on it 810 calories!! its less than any normal diet! you will be fine, dont worry bout the milk just have it in your tea, there are no hard and fast rules with the cd thats why its so good.

I was angelic at work last night, didnt even sniff a crisp or mint kitkat like everybody else! and turned down bacon muffins this morning! just had another mint choc shake, i love them soooo much! got some cd bars yesterday, they are sooooo yummy too! i take one to work so i feel i am having a treat like all the others.

hows the eye today?

off to bed now, back to work tonight:wave_cry:.x

Oh. My. God. Who knew that a handful and a half of pre-packed salad and half a tub of cottage cheese with chives and onion would taste so good!!!!

I just spent a fortune at Sainsburys on loads of pre-chopped meat etc - I now have tins of tuna, eggs, cottage cheese, little brocolli florets and a little pack of chicken roll stuff to have with salad as well.

So that's it decided - I definitely need to switch up to 810 because I've probably been cheating enough this last week with little bits added in that its taken me nearly there anyway and at least this way I am far more likely to stick to it. I'll see what my weight loss is this week and then review it again from there - if I'm not losing so much then I'll switch back to SS but if it doesn't slow it down much then I'm going to take the easier route. Another 2lbs down and I have to switch up to 810 anyway so I'm probably only bringing it forward by a week.

Well done you for resisting temptation - just keep thinking about how good you're gong to feel in that bikini and keep up the good work :)

oh and the eye is definitely improved today - still slightly swollen but a lot less than it was and I can blink without it hurting now. Wahooooooo

And did a load of heavy gardening this morning removing some large plants that were killed in the bad weather - I had to saw the roots as they were too well entrenched to dig out. That might also be why I feel I need more food - the last couple of days I've been exerting myself slightly more so I'm guessing my body really needed that little bit more.

Back