Trying to make a difference

hahahaha i weighed myself too! didnt put on in my out of control days! you wear that blouse with pride! fitted clothes are so in! thats fab that your feeling so good, you must be in ketosis, dont take much notice of the sticks, if they have been opened a while they are not very accurate! also if you are well hydrated it dilutes the ketones! keep up with the positive attitude, good to see you happy!!!! i may try ss today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xx

very happy on SS all day again today - I'm starting to get hungry again this evening but this morning I went from 9am until 2pm then realised the time and though I ought to have some lunch. No hunger whatsoever though and could easily have not had it.

And my cheekbones are starting to make an appearance again too - wahooooo!

I am the same as you in that I have loads of shakes left over and also need to get a new medical sign off thingy but my counsellor has told me she's happy for me to go there for weigh ins anyway if I want to so might be worth you seeing if yours will do the same? Its definitely put my brain in a different place that I HAVE to stick with this without the risk of giving in to temptation.

Oh and the bbq is now in doubt - I forgot that my plans to stop being so single rely on my goddaughter actually sticking to arrangements and not mentioning in passing on the phone when I asked which day she had in mind so I can plan stuff "oh I don't know if I'm still doing that - I might have something else on now". Its not the first time she's done that to me and it drives me nuts. I'd already turned down other options for the weekend as well because I knew she wanted me to meet the guy she's been seeing. Oh well.

So today is almost through and we get to face another new one tomorrow. Keep up the good work and we will both be skinny ribs before you know it :cool:

so another day another dollar as they say - how's it going so far for you?

I actually slept a solid 8 hours last night and I can't remember when I last did that - it was awesome. Although I did wake up in a panic wondering why my cat hadn't woken me up already!! I'm guessing I'm probably very restless when I sleep normally and I probably disturb her so she wakes me up. I do remember last time I did CD I slept soooo much better and I'd been looking forward to that bit.

I have no doubt I'm in ketosis now - I feel so much better today. I even danced round my kitchen this morning for the first time in ages hahahaha Oh and you won't believe this - I tried my jeans on last night and I can get back in them already!!!!! wahoooooooooooooooo Next week's challenge is to actually do them up but I think doing up jeans is overrated anyway :)

A friend of mine on the phone last night told me "you do know the first bit is all water retention don't you" - as if I care!! My jeans fit better and my stomach looks smaller so I couldn't give a monkeys why hahahahahahahhaha So its water retention - I'm just glad I'm getting rid of it then hahahahahaha

I have spent the whole morning up and down to the door for the cat - the cat flap seems to have gone dodgy again and only works when I'm not here .. most strange. And its dustbin day so she's back and forth every 10 seconds - I'm viewing it as extra exercise lol

I ran out of milk last night so today I'm going to try SS+ with peppermint tea and chicken bovril to drink only and then have some scrambled eggs and veggies tonight which I'm guessing will work - I've lost my old books telling me how each plan works and won't get any until I see the CDC tomorrow.

So - apart from the constipation *blush* I am feeling absolutely fantastic again now and I am "in the zone". Oh and I can't believe that today is day 7 already!! The first 5 days were hell mentally and physically but now I've got past those I'm on the easier road so now I'm just going to see how long I can keep going without putting pressures on myself to reach a certain point.

Oh except I've decided that my goal this time is to keep going to see whether at any point I actually lose my boobs!!! I'm hoping that one day they will reduce but they didn't last time when I didn't get as low as my ideal BMI - I'm going to see whether they are the last thing to come off me or whether they are never going to change size. At which point I think I will seriously consider discussing a reduction operation with my GP because the backache just isn't fun.

oh no, how annoying! the bbq i mean! i have friends that do that all time, frustrating!!! well done sticking ss all day how was the evening? i was at work, so again a small muffin got the better of me at 4.00am! am sooooo crap! i go away in 8 weeks! got to get into my dress for the wedding ! feeling sick at the thought of the bikini too! is 8 weeks realistic to loose a couple of stone if i stick to it? got a bbq tonight so know i will not be 100% but nothing much after that? oh no i just remebered i am going to france next week to see my mum!!!! will have to take packs and do my best out there! ss from tom till france!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a good day.!x:flirt2:

just keep in mind that before this week you would have had the muffin PLUS a whole load of other stuff that would have made it a whole lot worse so you are still doing better than you were and should still be losing weight.

How much have you taken off so far this week - do you know? Even if your loss is around 2lbs a week you will have lost 16lb in 8 weeks which is a huge difference in how you will look! If you can get fully into 100% then you would probably be looking at 3lbs a week which puts that up to 24lbs so its possible to do it - you just have to stick to it religiously between now and then :)

I have a lot less to lose this time round so I'm keeping in my head that I'll only lose 1-2lbs a week. If I take 2lb a week off I'll be more than happy - that would put me at losing 24lbs over 12 weeks before I have to come out of ketosis which is an awesome amount of weight again. Anything I lose above that would just be a bonus.

You CAN do this - and you ARE doing it. Ok it would be better without the cheating but you aren't cheating massively and if you work out how many calories you are having you are probably still under 1000 calories a day? Maybe you just need to be a little bit less hard on yourself at the moment and as long as you don't let the snacking get out of control then a little bit isn't too bad.

Trust me - I could so easily have gone and got some haribos yesterday and probably wouldn't have beaten myself up too badly for it. The only reason I'm not is that I know that if I eat a single thing it will be like opening up the floodgates and I will not stop!! lol

thanks hun! gonna try and do ss 100% tom! you are doing so well! its great! ive put on 2 now! so its 6lb! will give it 100% and hang up my dress so i can see it, may even take a picture of me now in bikini! that must do it!!!!! you keep on being so fab! you are gonna look amazing!!!! will have men throwing themselves at you! good luck today .xx

I went round my friend's house and her 4 year old gave me a smint and I ate it without thinking ... and now I'm SOOOOOOOO hungry!! Who knew that a single smint could spark my stomach off so much lol

BBQ may be on again - not sure. She's taken a job that means she has to work Sunday so I've told her I'm flexible over the weekend and maybe see when her landlord and boyfriend are free as having the landlord there will take the pressure off of meeting me. And then told her that the landlord is very cute so that makes it more appealing too - I've given up on all this dropping subtle hints and beating about the bush business hahahahahahaha

I did say to my CDC last time I did this it should come with a warning sign "may cause extreme confidence"! Its amazing how much difference a few pounds off makes when you know there will be more to follow :)

How's your day going? I'm sticking to it pretty well still - had 2 shakes and just had some scrambled eggs and stir fried veg for dinner and I'm waiting for the chocolate tetra block I just put in the freezer to harden up slightly so I can eat it as ice cream - just really needed to feel like I was eating something today for some reason. Hopefully yours is going better.

Oh and 6lbs off this week is still awesome!!!! Trust me from earlier this week that 2lbs on may just be a need to poop lol

first weigh in today - I'm down 7lbs!!!! wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I have my first meeting with my CDC today and I can't wait - I'm SO into sticking to the diet now as I'm no longer wavering around the same weight but am definitely going in a downward direction.

So I have now achieved my first goal and am no longer medically obese which will make the hospital very happy and at least I know I'm not going to get the looks I usually get when they weigh me. Next goal - to get into my jeans and do them up. I'm so close already that hopefully I'll be there within the next 2 weeks.

So how's everything going with you?

hi hun, wow well done! who need jeans to be done up, its so last year! you are doing so well! your friend that said its only water is just jealous! (ignore my spelling, am dyslexic)! i am gonna try to do ss for as long as i can from today! need some bars though! may try the attkins ones as they are low carb untill i get my form done by dr. I went to bed at 8 last night and hed a good sleep for a change, even with my daughter on my head for most of it! good news re bbq! fingers crossed for you! no point beeting bout the bush i say, just get in there! re boobs, mine are quite ample too as are my sisters! my sisters more so, think she is a JJ get bigger with each child she has! mine did get smaller but were all squashy! bigger again now i put some weight back on, still gross! want timy little pert ones that need no scaffolding! have a fab day and well done again, i am gonna try today sooo hard , working again tonight but will be prepared!.x

Wow 7lbs is brilliant!! Thats a fab loss well done!! It really gives you a buzz doesn't it when you jump on the scales and see the numbers fall!! Its the motivation I need every week to keep going!

Well done again! Not too far from your goal now!

thanks - my CDCs scales actually said I was 1/4lb lower which made me very happy because obviously when I weigh myself it is without the weight of clothes and before I have anything to eat or drink so i was expecting it to be slightly higher and bracing myself ready to ignore the fact her's would be in the 14s when mine are in the 13s lol

I've had to drop the medical certificate into the doctors today and left a note on it stressing that I have already discussed this with my endo and he's happy for me to do it again. Luckily the GP I'm registered with is useless so with any luck she'll just sign it. I'm half expecting to get charged though - I can't remember if I did or not last time.

So we've now set my goal that to get to a healthy BMI I need to lose exactly 2 stone on her scales. I'm fairly easy about it as my weight I have in my head is about half a stone higher than that but I'm going to see how I get on this time. I think basically I've pretty much decided that I will stick with it as long as I can and when I feel I need to eat I'll stop SS+ and start working my way up the plans irrespective of whether I've reached my bigger goal or not. At the moment though I can't see that happening for a little while - especially if I keep adding in meals here and there. Tonight I have some cod as the fish van was in the village when I stopped which I will be having with some stir fried mushrooms, courgette and green beans. Other than portion size on the veg it's pretty much what I would eat for dinner anyway so this way I don't feel quite so deprived.

Roll on next week and lets see what we can get down to by then. I'm not expecting big numbers again but a slow and steady reduction is fine my me as long as it keeps coming down. I'm 13 12lbs on her scales today so another 2lbs is 13 10lbs and to me that sounds so much smaller even though it's actually only 2lbs lol

Oh and I now have some summer fruits flavouring - I don't put it in my drinks but whenever I get a hideously sweet tooth that drives me insane I will dip my finger in and use it as sherbet. Its so sweet it takes that craving away in a heartbeat. And I'm also going to try some mix a mousse for the first time tonight to see what it's like to "eat" a chocolate orange shake. All of which should make it easier to stick to it - I hope :)

hey thats fantastic! bet your over the moon! im 2 shakes in to ss today and feeling ok! found an old bar i will take to work tonight so hopefully will be able to resist the endless load of treats people bring into keep us awake! my goal is to get to 12.7 this week! i am gonna do it ! then off to france next wed, have warned my mum not to get lots of treats, and will do ss+ while i am there, thats the plan anyway! must take my thing to dr or i will run out soon!!!!!! new dr so not sure how he feels about vlcd? my old dr didint like them. but i do so tough! keep up the good work hun!x:wave_cry:

just read your entire diary, its a brilliant read. keep at it and you#ll be at goal in no time!

thanks - its being helpful for me to just type stuff out as its in my head and keeps me motivated with the support etc here

So I tried mix a mousse for the first time ever tonight with a chocolate shake. Oh. My. God!!! It tasted just like chocolate instant whip which is a particular addiction of mine. I have no idea why I didn't try mix a mousse last time I did CD but it will definitely be a minimum of a weekly treat from now on in!

And Amanda you can get there. Although 12.7 is the goal I have in my head when I'll consider finishing - if I was at that by the end of the week I'd be SO happy lol

I picked up some tips from here about the doctors signing the medical certificate and made sure the note I left my doc stated that she needed to sign it to confirm the medical information was accurate - I don't need her to say whether she approves of it or not. She was the same - didn't like the idea of VLCDs last time but seemed happy when I told her it was 800 calories because I couldn't actually remember how much it was on the SS+ so pulled a figure out of the air hahahaha Although I did ask her if she needed to do checks on me as I know my goddaughter had to have her blood pressure etc checked regularly on Lighter Life and be signed off by the nurse before she could advance a week but she told me it was a waste of time because it was most likely that it would lower my blood pressure and that's a good thing. She really is THAT good (note the sarcasm).

I have discovered that I struggle far more in the evenings so I need to find a way to counteract that. Got my first proper headache today too - although I haven't managed to drink quite as much as normal as I've been too busy so I'm wondering if that's why. Still over the 2 1/4 litres but haven't quite made it to 3 litres yet today.

Its great seeing my cheekbones coming through sharp as hell again already as well - I can ignore my stomach knowing it'll get there eventually but while I'm losing it off my face first its the bit everyone else notices so I'm happy.

Good luck to everyone and lets hope next week goes as well as this one seems to have gone so far :)

*doing the I can do my jeans up dance*

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

I'm not viewing my goal as reached until I can actually wear them for the day - and sit down in them - but hopefully by the end of this next week the second goal will have been reached - wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pee'd on a stick this morning too (forgot how much fun that is lol) and I was trying to work out how I'd know how far into ketosis I was because the CDC gave me a few loose ones but I don't have the original pot - within seconds it went deep raspberry so I don't think I really need the pot to assess it lol

hmmm - that was conspicuously quiet about how you are doing lol How did you get on yesterday and how's it going today?

I have been drooling over new dslr camera's again today and Jessops now do interest free credit over a 6 month period. I have decided that if I can reach my goal weight then my reward to myself is to take the plunge and buy myself a new one. Last time I got a tattoo - I'm thinking the DSLR will be more useful lol

so - I text my goddaughter yesterday and she tells me she's going to check with her other half if he can switch bbq to Saturday or Monday but tells me Saturday she'll be busy because she's working Sunday and not sure she can do anything then. I tell her to let me know either way so I can sort what I'm doing. She also wanted some help sorting out what she does for tax/accounts going self-employed so I said let me know when you are free and she says maybe Saturday for a cuppa - I guess I didn't actually say no but did say I can talk to her about it whenever she wants to do the bbq.

So I go on facebook today - there she is making last minute plans to go out drinking with her friends tomorrow night. So I posted a comment saying I take it this means we aren't doing anything this weekend then. Her reply? This is Saturday night - aren't you coming over tomorrow for a cuppa?

Hmmm let me think - I was invited to a bbq to meet her boyfriend so assuming its important to her I keep my weekend free rather than planning to go anywhere else. Then she obviously isn't bothering with that but doesn't have the decency to let me know. So do I want to give up my long weekend off to go for a cuppa to help her out with stuff that feels like I'm working when she hasn't even been in touch to confirm that or give me a time? Oddly no! I will be going out elsewhere and I've not even bothered telling her.

The one good thing about this diet - my days as the dependable fat friend that they all take for granted is over!!! I have no problem if she wants to cancel the weekend but she could at least let me know rather than assuming I have nothing better to do so now she's going to be shocked because oddly I actually have something better to do and will be doing that instead. Yes the landlord is cute but I'm not going to be a doormat on the offchance he's there!

The doormat has turned! lol

hi, what an old moose you friend is being! perhaps she doesnt want you to meet him because she doesnt want any competition! you are a threat to her as your slim and gorge! camera good idea, tatto good also but they do hurt! anyway, yesterday and day before, here we go! thurs i was angelic, resisted all temtation at work, came home jumped on scales and nothing! i had peeeeed for england too so i took sanctuary in the biscuit tin! then a curry last night!!!! omg! anyway then my friend called to say how fab her size 10 wedding dress looked, this is the wedding in greece in 8 weeks!!!! she asked what i was gonna wear so i said my red coast dress, i thought i better see if i could get it on, hahahaha no! is the answer! my size 14 lovely dress i cant even nearlly get on! boooo hooo! so today is my definate new begining or i shall be naked at the wedding! yuk or in a fat tent dress! yuk! i have some slim fast bars and gonna have 3 cd shakes and 1 bar untill i get cd bars, i looked and not musch difference just a few more carbs! wii weigh myself wed before i go to france. I have told my mum i am doing this and gonna stick to ss+ while there i have packed my packs in my case allready! anyway, this weekend nothing going on! just work! my friends seem to have forgotten me as i have moved a whole 3 miles away! its starting to pee me off! i know they may have to get in the car now instead of walk but 3 miles come on! anyway have a good day! keep up your fab work.xxxxxx

hahahaah - see that's what my goddaughter is like too! Its definitely not a threat thing - she's only 24 to my 38 and the boyfriend is only about 25 so no threat there at all. She's just totally flaky and I don't know why I decided that this time would be any different - every time I arrange something with her or her mum they let me down.

She text me after the facebook reply to tell me she was totally confused about the plans at the weekend and what did I want to do. So I replied truthfully :) Told her I'm not being pissy but to be honest I was invited to a bbq and then only find out it was in jeapordy because I asked so wouldn't have even known otherwise. Then I make myself flexible saying I don't mind which day but let me know so I can arrange to do something else if she can't make it and get told she'll check with the boyfriend and get back to me and then nothing - that I understand that things get cancelled and that's not a problem but that it would be nice if I was actually told though. So no I won't be other for a cuppa because I've now made other plans because it irritates me that I keep getting taken for granted like this and as its a long weekend I don't want to be sitting around waiting for someone else to decide what they are doing. I told her I might have some time free Monday but its a case of her trying me and if I'm free I am and if I'm not then I'm not. I haven't heard anything back! lol

If this was a one off it wouldn't bother me but its literally EVERY time - I leave my plans free and they let me down. I don't know why I keep making the effort but from now on in I will not be putting things on hold for anything.

And I totally understand you about your friends - I once said to my goddaughter's mum about it would be nice if she popped over to me occassionally and her reply was that its just such a long way to drive. She didn't get it when I replied that oddly I thought it was the same distance to get to me as it was for me every time I came over to her!!!

I'm convinced its a weight thing - we've all spent so long putting ourselves down that we take any crumbs that people throw our way. I've got to an age and a confidence now that I don't need to let myself be treated like that any more. In your case 3 miles isn't that far to drive - to be honest its not even that far to bloody walk!

Now - get back on track with that diet!!! And no more eating out of frustration because the weight doesn't come straight off. You know it doesn't work like that but that if you wait a week it will start to fall off. Get your dress for the wedding out and hang it somewhere where you will see it every day for motivation. I did the same before my friend's wedding last month of thinking that it was ok because I'll lose the weight at some point before I go, maybe next week, ok maybe the week after - before I knew it I'm looking at photos of me at the wedding that I HATED - with a vengeance. You have got to just take the plunge and make a decision to do it - and I can testify that it will get a lot easier after the first 5 days because I really struggled to get back into it this time but the second I entered ketosis and the weight started falling off my body and head just seemed to click back into place again.

Good luck - you CAN do it!!

Oh and I'm still being totally angelic I'm afraid - I've been hoovering like a maniac this morning to burn off more calories and I don't even have to worry about how I get round a bbq at the weekend without blowing it now hahahaha

Back