Trying to stay on track!

its been a horrible 3 weeks diet wise. stuck to plan for all my meals but every night i was eating loads of junk food. didn't even check or count how many syns i was eating, but every night was over 15 :(

went to group for the 1st time in 3 weeks and had a 4.5lb gain which was completely deserved. im really disappointed in myself as thats the first time i've went past the stone i'd lost and back into the 11s.

anyway, line has been drawn and moving on. going to do a few success express days to get back on track. so, plan for today:

breakfast~ 2 scrambled eggs with loads of mushrooms and onions. banana and satsuma.

lunch~vegetable soup

dinner~plan to have stir fry. loads of superfree veg with quorn pieces. will prob use some sweet chilli sauce in it (approx 3 syns worth)

will have a lemon hifi bar with cup of tea this evening and snack on plenty of fruit when feeling peckish!

anyway gonna head to sainsburys to stock up on plenty of fruit and veg so there are no excuses! i'm glad it's lent, it's giving me extra will power :)

completely stayed to plan today. the only changes from above are that i had 3 ryvita and dairylea at lunch with my soup and at dinner made some celeriac and bns chips in actifry to go with the stirfry. also munched on a load of grapes will making dinner.

total syns= 3 (2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce with my stirfry)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thursday~ success express day 3

breakfast~ 1 weetabix (1/2 heb)crumbled over raspberries, strawberries and banana, covered with vanilla yoghurt. a satsuma.

lunch~ tuna and mayo (5 syns), small bit of rice, peppers and lettuce. half a bowl of carrot soup. some grapes and a banana

snack~ grapes

dinner~ some stir fried peppers, onions, mushrooms and quorn pieces with sweet chilli sauce (3 syns) and bns chips

snack~ apple and sultana apple light bar (1/2 heb) covered in toffee muller light.

will have a cup of tea and strawberry weetabix bar (2nd heb) later

hmmm don't know what I was thinking yesterday's post should say Friday success express day 2 (not thursday s e day 3!!)

anyway... Saturday: success express day 3

breakfast~ 1 weetabix (1/2 heb) crumbled over defrosted raspberries, strawberries and banana. covered in vanilla yoghurt.

lunch~ salad (lettuce, pepper and quorn turkey slices) with vinaigrette dressing (1 syn) carrot soup.

snack~ grapes, 2 satsumas

dinner~ lettuce, peppers, onions and 2 quorn sausages. used some vinaigrette dressing for lettuce (1/2 syn) and sweet chilli for sausages (1.5 syns)

snack~ strawberries and strawberry tart ww yog. satsuma.

snack~apple and sultana alpen light bar (1/2 heb) lemon hifi bar (heb) with coffee.

total syns= 3

You are doing really well.
Well done for getting back on track.
It can be SO hard to do it after having a few bad weeks...

Keep going and if you start losing motivation again, you should make a list of the reasons why you started and go through them. Which is more important, these reasons or the biscuits/cakes/crisps etc that you are over-synning on...

Good luck, I hope you get everything you want.

You are doing really well.
Well done for getting back on track.
It can be SO hard to do it after having a few bad weeks...

Keep going and if you start losing motivation again, you should make a list of the reasons why you started and go through them. Which is more important, these reasons or the biscuits/cakes/crisps etc that you are over-synning on...

Good luck, I hope you get everything you want.

Thanks Addibelle. I joined SW to loose weight for my sisters wedding. I'm bridesmaid and the date is getting closer and closer so that is keeping me focused now. I'd be in a far better place if I hadn't had that 3 week blip but onwards and downwards :) can't change it now!

I had a peep at your diary and seen the recipe for the cauliflower curry. I love the mushy pea one (hate mushy peas tho) so will be trying that this week. I'l let you know how I get on with it.

Thanks again. Hearing from someone gives me more motivation to keep going!

Had more food on Saturday after posting. Kept feeling hungry so made 2 boiled eggs and also had 2 lollipops (1.5 syns each) so total syns for Saturday was 6.

I was planning for Sunday to be another success express day but mum was making sunday dinner so didn't get the 2/3 superfree so it was just a normal green day. Back to success express today I think. I'm off work for a week now so can plan food better and have more time for cooking. (although usually when I'm off work I end up eating too much since I'm at home a lot more and would be grazing all day, so wish me luck :p)

Anyway: Sunday~ Green Day

Breakfast~ 2 scrambled eggs and mushrooms. Banana and satsuma.

Lunch~ Sunday Dinner :) Roast carrots/parsnip/BNS done in frylight, roast potatoes (also done in frylight) 1 boiled potato, peas, quorn garlic and herb fillet (4 syns) and gravy (estimating 3 syns?)

Snack~ Lemon HiFi (HEB) with cup of tea (while the others tucked into raspberry and apple tart with icecream. It smelled lovely but I resisted :) )

Didn't have any dinner as breakfast and lunch were both quite late. Was snacking all evening though. I had:
- a few satsumas
- banana
- orange
- toffee weetabix oaty bar (2nd HEB)
Would have had a pasta n sauce too but couldnt be bothered making it and fell asleep around 10 oclock.

Monday- Success Express

Breakfast~ banana, satsuma and cup of tea. Was eating earlier than usual so couldn't stomach that much.

Lunch~ odd combination. had just bought a lot of carrots so done 3 in the actifry with a small bit of bns. Also put in 3 quorn sausages (my syn free stash is getting very low :( ). Had these with tbsp of sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns). Also had fruit covered in yoghurt.

Dinner~ Creamy cauliflower curry with peppers, onions, peas, green beans and quorn pieces. Served with rice.

Snacks~ throughout the day I had a banana, a few satsumas and munched my way through a full punnet of grapes. Also made scan bran ferrero rocher, had 3 of those (3 syns) also ate a tbsp of nutella while making these (4 syns) and had 1/2 a lemon bun (approx 6 syns??) Also had a strawberry and a toffee weetabix bar (2 HEB)

Total~ 14.5 syns (maybe more if that lemon bun was more. from bakery so no idea about cal info. although not worried as haven't went over my syns any days this week with avoiding junk food for lent!)

Have just realised that I havent been taking much of my HEA this week since haven't had much with cheese and milk has only been in tea/coffee since I take my weetabix with yoghurt. Think I'l make sure I'l get some cheese in today :)

What about SW chips/wedges with cheese on top then curry on top of that?!?!

Im on red and Im just DREAMING of a cheesy curry chip haha!!

What about SW chips/wedges with cheese on top then curry on top of that?!?!

Im on red and Im just DREAMING of a cheesy curry chip haha!!

YUM! If only I hadn't already had the leftovers with rice for lunch! It was even nicer today, will definitely be making it again :) i got my sis and mum to try it and neither could guess what it was made of :D

Tuesday~ Success Express

Breakfast~ Defrosted raspberries, strawberries, grapes and banana covered in a crumbled weetabix (1/2 heb) and activia yoghurt

Lunch~ Leftover Cauliflower curry with rice. Also small plate of lettuce and pepper to make sure I had 2/3 superfree. Had a tbsp of fat free vinaigrette for dressing (1/2 syn)

Snack~ big bowl of fruit covered in yoghurt to keep me going before body combat

Dinner~ Salad (lettuce, peppers, 30g cheese (hea) and 2 eggs ) with tbsp vinaigrette (1/2) syn. Also some roasted bns and carrot.

Snacks throughout day~ 4 scan bran ferrero rocher (4 syns), nutella (2 syns), grapes, toffee weetabix bar (heb) and lemon hifi (heb).

Just realised I went over HEB as had a weetabix this morning :(. So 3.25 syns for 1 weetabix (i'l round that up to 3.5)

Total syns~ 10.5

Over all I think I had a rather productive day slimming wise :D I walked the dogs, joined Curves and went to body combat :)

Great day!

Look at you sucess express-ing!

Inspirational!

Dont think I could do it.

Great day!

Look at you sucess express-ing!

Inspirational!

Dont think I could do it.

It hasn't been that hard as usually my breakfast and lunch would be mainly superfree anyway. It's just been adapting dinners. I've ate an awful lot of bns this week! The only reason I've kept it us that I'm getting my bridesmaid dress fitted next week and needed a boost after my 3 week blip :eek: weigh in is tonight so i'l see if its been worth it!

Wednesday~ Green Day (weigh in)

Breakfast~ 35g porridge oats (HEB) made with water with raspberries. Banana and orange.

Lunch~ Mung bean wrap filled with lettuce, peppers, cheese (HEA), quorn pieces, red onion and tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns). This was so delicious, will definitely be having this again!

Snacks~ 2 scan bran ferrero rocher (2 syns), strawberries and strawberry tart ww yog, cadburys philidelphia (6 syns approx)- probably shouldn't have bought this as I keep sticking a tea spoon into it and eating!

I'm planning for dinner to be an mushroom and onion omelette with maybe some lettuce before weigh in. Will prob have a hifi bar or weetabix bar as 2nd heb at group.

I'm NOT going to have any more syns today (so I say now :p). If I need to eat anymore, it will either be fruit or some sort of free food!!

Total Syns~ 9.5

oh and first curves session done :) and dogs walked again (approx 2 miles I think)

Last edited:
Ha i did end up having more syns last night, before and after weigh in!!
I cannot be trusted with an open jar of nutella in the house so don't think I'l be making the scan bran ferrero rocher again!

Anyway... lost 3lb last night, super happy. 8lb to target and 8 weeks till im bridesmaid... though theres a few bad weekends between now and then! Starting with this weekend, it my and my bfs anniversary so going to see some comedien on friday night and staying over, going out for a meal on sat and also to some vip showing in the cinema. Actual anniversary is on sunday so will prob be away doing something that day too. Really want another loss this week so will try not to go too overboard.

Thursday~ Success Express

Breakfast~ Loads of fruit covered in vanilla yoghurt

Lunch~(more like dinner due to the time grrrr) mung bean wrap with loads of lettuce, pepper, red onion, mushrooms, cheese (HEA), quorn pieces and sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns).

Dinner~( about 2 hours after 'lunch' to stop me eating more chocolate) omelette with plenty of red onion and mushrooms.

Snacks throughout day~ latte (HEA), grapes, orange, handful of wotsits (2 syns approx) lemon bun (5 syns) 12 mikados (6 syns), fibre plus bar (HEB), hifi deluxe (HEB) (it was at this point I made the omelette or would have has more mikados!).

Total syns~ 12.5. Actually, prob more like 15 cos took 2 bites of my sisters giant bun :(

I'm annoyed with myself since I'm meant to be saving my syns for the weekend. I know it was the missing proper lunch time that done it. I went shopping with a friend and we usually get lunch out when we do but today she said she had already ate so I didn't get anything (well munched
on grapes on the way home) till I got back round half 4.

Got a session at Curves done and the dogs taken on a short walk.

Disappointed

It's been a while since I've been on this. The last time was 3/4 weeks ago was when I was last off work.

I don't know why I keep slipping. I had 1 good week then 2 bad, then a small loss then last night a small gain. So the last few weeks have went like this:
1. -3
2. +3
3. + 1.5
4. -1
5. + 0.5

I'm soooo disappointed in myself. I can't understand why I can't keep on plan when I did it no problem when I started. I'm now the heaviest I have been in ages, I haven't even kept my stone off.
I do have goals, I've a dress to fit into in 4 weeks and that hasn't been able to keep me in line.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit better than I am now since I had my measurements done at Curves which showed I lost inches over the past 4 weeks (my weight was up a lb by their scales) The girl couldn't understand why since I'd been going 3 or 4 times every week but I told her I knew it was that my food wasn't right.

I'm away this weekend at a hen party Sat to Mon, then mine and a friends birthday next week and my brother is home from australia so I keep thinking I'm going to mess it up again next week but I CANT afford to put anymore weight on - the dress is tight enough as it is :(

Anyway, I needed to offload a bit. My plan is success express today and tomorrow. Pick the best choices I can over the weekend and not go to overboard on the birthdays. Any day I'm not doing anything will be success express.

Thursday~ Success Express

breakfast~ mushroom and onion omelette. banana

lunch~ salad (lettuce, peppers, quorn turkey slices, red onion, cheese HEA) with dressing (free), half a cup of speed soup and a ww yoghurt.

snack~ some slices of mango throughout day

snack~ coffee, banana, choc Hifi bar (HEB)

dinner~ planning to have stir fry. Plenty of veg with some quorn pieces, and rice with sweet chilli sauce (3 syns) and will have some BNS done in actifry

snack~ plan to have peanut hifi (HEB) and snack on more fruit if hungry.

Total will be 3 syns or more if use more sauce.

Back