Total Solution tubbynomore WILL get in the 11's...

nursetubs said:
Had the biggest test ever tonight, I now realise I am an emotional eater!
Hubby came home with the news that he has been laid off in work :(. What heartless employer would lay off staff this close to Christmas?? He was quick to point out he was laid off and not sacked! Great! Means we can't even claim unemployment benefit and have to pay national insurance.
DH suffers badly in the winter with depression and work keeps him going, it's going to be doubly hard now he won't have anything to motivate him :(

Yes I ate but it could have been much worse. I cooked chips, hamwich and beans for the family tea and I think everyone's appetite has been affected by this news there were loads of leftovers. So, I picked 2 hamwich, a few chips and 2 forkfuls of beans.

Whip me now! I feel sick and upset :( I don't know what I'm more upset with now his job or me eating :cry:

Oh hun I'm sorry what awful news :( I think you've done really well to stop at that x really hope he finds something soon :( x

Oh no, sorry to hear that Ali. Don't be mad about the emotional eating, we've all been there babes.
Tomorrows a new day xxxxxx

Thank you, I read your posts and cried, you are being so nice :) He was out of work for 2 years until he started there in August, he was enjoying it too and I think his confidence improved a lot. I do hope he finds something quicker this time.
I have managed 3L water and only had 2 shakes. I am working all weekend and I have to be 100% TS to get in K by the beginning of the week. It is easier in work because I can only eat what I take with me. Drinking water is the problem but I haven't let it stop me before :p

nursetubs said:
Thank you, I read your posts and cried, you are being so nice :) He was out of work for 2 years until he started there in August, he was enjoying it too and I think his confidence improved a lot. I do hope he finds something quicker this time.
I have managed 3L water and only had 2 shakes. I am working all weekend and I have to be 100% TS to get in K by the beginning of the week. It is easier in work because I can only eat what I take with me. Drinking water is the problem but I haven't let it stop me before :p

Oh Hun I really do hope he finds something, you are doing so well Hun especially considering everything :) x

Oh dear I'm just catching up so sorry to hear your news and fingers crossed he finds a job really soon, also we all slip up on this diet but glad today will be a TS day again :) xx

Really sorry to hear your news too Ali, and I echo everyone else's comments.
It's a natural instinct to seek comfort in food, so don't beat yourself up about that. What's done is done, and at times like this, we all fall back on whatever vices we have.
Having said that, I'm glad you're getting back on the TS wagon...I'm sure it isn't easy when you're going through a tough time, but I think I'd try to look at your diet as the one thing you can control, at a time when other things must feel completely out of your control.
Keeping my fingers crossed that he finds something else soon Ali. Thinking of you both x

Hi Ali, I know how you feel my other half was really ill and was laid off work 2.5 years ago. He got a job in September after a few temp agency jobs but they then closed down. Then someone hacked into my bank account and cleared it.....not a great time as all before Christmas.

I tend to have a drink then that causes me to eat when I am stressed.

Chin up hun, and I hope hubby finds something soon. Big hug x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

huge hugs too

h x

Diolch blod. Thank you all for your kind comments, means a lot.
Well, all things considered I am back on it with renewed determination. My family are very understanding and aren't expecting too much from us for Christmas.
I will get this small gain off by Friday with a STS at worst! I have nibbled my way through a choc orange Exante bar all morning (I still have loads left from the original order) considering I didn't like them my taste buds have definitely changed! Just had a vanilla shake and starting on the water. I have been on the road all morning so water wasn't an option! ;)
3 more hours in work then I can get home and put my feet up, I only have 1 more visit to do today at 3pm. Still feel sh!tty from this cold but heaps better than the last 2 days. Cough is looser and I'm less bunged up in the head!
Catch ya later peeps, xx

ali, what horrid news. so sorry, thought I was having a bad time, guess everyone has troubles, lets take it out on our wobbly bits, at least that is something we can control xxx big hugs

Good morning Ali, glad to hear you are coming out the far side of your horrid flu. Your resolve has certainly been challenged by your husbands misfortune. I'm sure with you by his side, you will overcome this untimely set back. Congrats on not 'loosing it" by going on a binge of food & drink, as I would probably do in a similar situation. But as your good friend earlier suggested, take your disappointment out on your extra weight and blitz those pounds off one by one. You are addressing a problem that you can can influence directly, you're tremendous weight-loss. Focus and build on the positives right now and enjoy these successes.

Best wishes to you & hubby right now, and hopefully a suitable job opportunity will present itself soon.

Stay strong,

Conor

So sorry to hear this Ali, wish I could give you a cwtch. Emotions do have an impact on our eating but you could have one far worse than what you had - think I would have careered off in a spectacular fashion had I received that news. Keep strong lady x

Sorry to hear your news, Ali, it is so difficult to stick to 100% when there are other difficulties going on in life. Sending you a hug and best wishes :bighug:

Morning Ali, I am really sorry to hear about your Hubby, and hope he finds something very soon!

I too fell off the wagon spectacularly this weekend after the devastating news that a very close friend died in his sleep on Saturday :0( it was such a huge shock :0(

Back on it with vengeance this morning though as I know he wouldn't want me to be moping around never mind 'fat' and moping!!!!

Big hugs to you all, and look at it as a positive, I'm a huge believer in fate, so there's bound to be a reason why it's determined his job loss!

You never know what surprises are around the corner :0) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all, well I'm still here. No more feeling sorry for myself, got back to it 2 days TS 100% already under my belt :)
Haven't been motivated to catch up with the board :( but I am OK.
Had 2 busy days in work which have helped. I've had my usual indigestion which I get the first 2/3 days to ketosis should be visiting today or tomorrow. Don't really care when 'cos I'm not gonna eat anyway :p

Losing a close friend Jo kinda puts stuff into perspective. At least DH only lost his job and he's very enthusiastic that he won't be 2yrs out of a job this time!! We've sold the big car and are going to look at a little runaround this afternoon to save a bit of money. The other one was quite a gas guzzler and started having problems.

I am annoyed with the seller on eBay, I bought and paid for a dress on 23rd Nov and I am still waiting for it! I have emailed a few times and she said she had only just come out of hospital when the bidding closed which is fair enough. But, that was 10 days ago and it's only today the dress has been marked as dispatched! I told her then that I wanted it for a party on the 9th which is this Friday and she said it only takes 5 days to send so I think she has been particularly spiteful!! She is in Guernsey!
I feel I should leave negative feedback but if she has genuinely been ill I don't want to do that. I don't like to rock the boat because my philosophy is 'what goes around comes around' and people get what they deserve. I'll give her until Thursday then I'll start jumping up and down. :(

Ahh Ali *hugs* i've only been away for a few days and missed so much!! Glad you have your positive head on though, all will work out in the end xx

As for EBay, if she was going into hospital and wouldn't be able to see the transaction through she should have either not put the dress up for sale in the first place, or emailed you to let you know there would be a delay and offered you a refund if you wanted it. Sellers like that give ebay a bad name, and i would definitely leave negative feedback - it's not a spiteful thing it's how people know what kind of service they're going to get from her, and so she knows to buck up her act! x

Back