Total Solution Tuesday is a fine day to change the world...

Want2bMe! said:
Never say never! There could be a miracle breakthrough cream invented yet! Surely if I believe it hard enough sheer force of will makes it come true!

Lol ok then ;)

oliverstjohn said:
Hi Want2beMe,
I do so enjoy your posts!
When I tell you my stats I know you are going to be even more suspicious of my nickname and gender!
I am a fraction of an inch under 6 feet and when I weighed myself last Saturday I was 220lbs...... Weigh in this Saturday read 214lbs!
I think that makes my BMI 29 at the moment- I am hoping to get to 180lbs which I know is not sylph-like but when you are built like a west of Ireland farmer like me that is all one can hope for! ( I realise by now you are extremely suspicious and I should end my post now and throw away my shovel.....anymore digging and you will have me banned;))
Seriously though....I am female....honestly....I have 2 strapping sons to prove it!
Look forward to reading more from you.
O:D

Why thank you O, it's taking me so long to write them that I think it's keeping me on the straight and narrow!
Oh to be tall, I'm so envious of you! Every pound you lose must really show, especially as you don't have far to go anyway. 180 should be perfect at your height, gaunt is not a good look for anyone.. though I suppose it's easy for me to say that from my fat-cushioned perspective!
Are you based in Ireland or are you from there? You write like an Irishwoman!

oliverstjohn said:
ps Happy Anniversary tomorrow and Congratulations on having the courage to grab life by the throat!

Thank you!

Hi Want2beMe,
I am indeed a proud Irishwoman, what's more I am a proud West of Ireland woman- This probably accounts for my amazonian stature!
How is your day going? I have just posted on my own thread that I am absolutely starving today and imbibed in a few extra collations today! I reckon it must be a 'growth spurt';):D ( at 39!).
You are 'ar deoraíocht' in London I gather? How is that going for you? I adore London.....great choice of city and it sounds like you are making a success of your life-change. Hope you don't mind me being nosey but are you in journalism or publishing? You have such a way with words that I hope you are...... I am a teacher ( I'm afraid, nothing too glamorous or exciting:rolleyes:). But I suppose somebody has to get you young highfliers ready to fly the mother nest- that seems to be the role of education in Ireland at the moment- preparation for emigration....alas!
Looking forward to reading more from you.
O

norwegian girl said:
What great postings, these had me in stitches laughing - THANK you so much x

I'm pleased you're enjoying them, I had half expected them to be dismissed as the insane stream of consciousness of a raving loon!

DustQueen said:
Happy anniversary x and here's to the next step in your new life x

Thank you!

hey good look, gonna join you me thinks tommorow. x

oliverstjohn said:
Hi Want2beMe,
I am indeed a proud Irishwoman, what's more I am a proud West of Ireland woman- This probably accounts for my amazonian stature!
How is your day going? I have just posted on my own thread that I am absolutely starving today and imbibed in a few extra collations today! I reckon it must be a 'growth spurt';):D ( at 39!).
You are 'ar deoraíocht' in London I gather? How is that going for you? I adore London.....great choice of city and it sounds like you are making a success of your life-change. Hope you don't mind me being nosey but are you in journalism or publishing? You have such a way with words that I hope you are...... I am a teacher ( I'm afraid, nothing too glamorous or exciting:rolleyes:). But I suppose somebody has to get you young highfliers ready to fly the mother nest- that seems to be the role of education in Ireland at the moment- preparation for emigration....alas!
Looking forward to reading more from you.
O

My mum's side is from Westport, I love the west, though you may have little regard for jackeens such as myself!
Growth spurts are quite possible at any age, I'll swear to it!
I had my first wobbly day, I had to run home past Sainsburys lest the demons drag me in, but managed to avoid temptation thankfully!

I'm not in anything literary unfortunately, I work at a recruitment website of all things!
I had some inspirational English teachers and a mother who gave me the world in the vocabulary she taught me, we cling to each other in a grammar-less world gone mad!

Don't play down being a teacher, I truly wish I could do it myself but going back as an undergraduate again just isn't an option at the moment. It must be so hard keeping your classes motivated at the moment, although I suppose one benefit of the lacklustre jobmarket is that more young people will go on to third level to try and ride it out!

Busybusy said:
hey good look, gonna join you me thinks tommorow. x

Good to hear it! If you need any help let me know!

There will be no Jackeen vs Culchie war in cyberspace! Temporary amnesty whilst we are waging war with our weight- how is that for alliteration!
Seriously though, you are doing fabulously well. Congratulations on resisiting the charms of Sainsbury's, glad I don't have one here- miles from anywhere!;)
Your recruitment website is very lucky to have you, with your talents you must make even the most mundane of jobs seem exciting.
I secretly love being a teacher, it's just an act to play it down.....at the moment there is a death warrant out for public servants so one has to be very careful!

It is great finding you on this forum and I look forward to sharing more of the weight loss journey with you.......gearrann beirt bóthar..........guess what one of my subjects is?

Happy pampering tonight, no doubt you will be casting your mind back to this day last year when you arrived in the land of eggs and bacon in your plimsolls ( maybe it was converse? Forgive me if I have just committed a major fashion faux pas)
O

oliverstjohn said:
There will be no Jackeen vs Culchie war in cyberspace! Temporary amnesty whilst we are waging war with our weight- how is that for alliteration!
Seriously though, you are doing fabulously well. Congratulations on resisiting the charms of Sainsbury's, glad I don't have one here- miles from anywhere!;)
Your recruitment website is very lucky to have you, with your talents you must make even the most mundane of jobs seem exciting.
I secretly love being a teacher, it's just an act to play it down.....at the moment there is a death warrant out for public servants so one has to be very careful!

It is great finding you on this forum and I look forward to sharing more of the weight loss journey with you.......gearrann beirt bóthar..........guess what one of my subjects is?

Happy pampering tonight, no doubt you will be casting your mind back to this day last year when you arrived in the land of eggs and bacon in your plimsolls ( maybe it was converse? Forgive me if I have just committed a major fashion faux pas)
O

Good evening O! My apologies for the delayed response, I've had a manic couple of days!
Ah you're an Irish teacher! I've probably used more Irish over here than I did in the last few years in Ireland, it's so good to have your own language to set you apart- even if we never realised it when exam time came around!
It's so good to have met such a kindred spirit on here, I hope this week is going well for you!

Alas, my determination to post every day has slipped, but not my determination to stay 100%! Day ten has come around quickly and I'm starting to feel a little bit more comfortable in my coat - such a shame I'll have to fill up that extra room with layers of clothing now to protect against the cold!
My diet came up today in the kitchen unfortunately, not because I'm ashamed of it or hiding it but because I try, in all areas, not to make a spectacle of myself. I now know that my body is going to be analysed every day to see what the results are and while there are always those whose notice will please you, there are also those who are looking at it in a cynical, mean-spirited way. At least now I know I can't afford to fail or be anything less than 100% at all times, with such an audience I've got to perform!
I feel like I've formed a habit now though which is excellent, for the first week the diet was all I could think about whereas now it's efficiently running along in the background while I get on with things. This is what I was hoping for; that it becomes part of my lifestyle. Heaven knows I'll be on this for long enough, it might as well become part of the program!

Ah, that's good news. If Exante has become a routine then I think you've got it cracked! As you say, there comes a time when you stop battling with the cravings and Exante just becomes something that you do while normal life goes on.
I've always been very open with my friends, family and colleagues about the fact that I'm doing a VLCD, and so far it hasn't really backfired on me. For the most part, people have been very supportive of me, and curious to know how it all works.
I hope the people you decide to tell are just as supportive of you and your goals. Either way, the results will speak for themselves, so it won't be long before any doubters are forced to eat their words (if you'll pardon the pun ;))

Not long until the second weigh in then? How time flies!

Hi,
Good to hear from you again, I was getting worried you had been lost in a blizzard- I hear you are getting a blast of arctic weather over there in Blighty.
Well done again on your big loss this week- that is fantastic!
I completely empathise with you on the privacy issue, I don't want to give the crowd in the staffroom any opportunity to scrutinise me........wouldn't they just love us to fail? Well....we will show them, won't we?:rolleyes: (I hope)
I think this way of life is becoming a habit for me too, I am less obsessed with what I cannot eat now. I discovered I might have an egg allergy- as you know, I am not doing TS and on two occasions I decided to have eggs rather than turkey or chicken. Bad idea....within a few minutes I felt really sick and weak. Really do not know why I am sharing that fascinating insight into my life?
As for the Gaeilge, it is amazing how patriotic one gets when in exile. Just be careful though, it's amazing the people who speak it these days....I was caught out really badly once - but that is, as they say, 'Sin scéal eile'!
I have no weight loss news at the moment as I don't plan to weigh in until Sunday morning. In the meantime I shall soldier on with my diet.
Onward Exante Soldiers.........
Keep fighting the good fight.... etc, etc.

Glad to see you are doing well - it really does become routine doesn't it? :)

I've had a disappointing 2 weeks in terms of loss - despite being TS............so, I'm really hoping for good news this Sunday when I weigh :D

Stay strong!

Oh, by the way I'm an honorary Dubliner - my Dad was born and bred there!

Alex_1978 said:
Ah, that's good news. If Exante has become a routine then I think you've got it cracked! As you say, there comes a time when you stop battling with the cravings and Exante just becomes something that you do while normal life goes on.
I've always been very open with my friends, family and colleagues about the fact that I'm doing a VLCD, and so far it hasn't really backfired on me. For the most part, people have been very supportive of me, and curious to know how it all works.
I hope the people you decide to tell are just as supportive of you and your goals. Either way, the results will speak for themselves, so it won't be long before any doubters are forced to eat their words (if you'll pardon the pun ;))

Not long until the second weigh in then? How time flies!

That's definitely happened this week, I've been too busy to be concerned about it and in fact it's making me more productive, if I know I can't eat food then I won't be thinking about food, which used to take up a surprisingly large portion of my day, thinking about what to have for lunch, dinner, wondering if I could run down to the cafe across the road and get some toast.. Without all that my mind is totally focused on the job!
The people I've told are definitely supportive about it. They're the kind of girls who will totally accept me at whatever size packaging I come in, but if I want to lose weight they recognise that it's because I'll be happier for it and never pull out the "oh baaaabe you're beautiful as you aaaaare, you don't neeeed to lose weight" lines that more disingenuous people have spouted in the past.
However, the people who have noticed and made comments are not of the same mindset and I know it'll be a regular point of discussion for them. Frankly, if they have nothing better to talk about than somebody making an improvement to her life, they need to take a long hard look at their own situations. As you said, the success of this is quite visible and they won't be deriving much satisfaction from the gossip once they see how well it's working!

Yes, weigh in on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to!
How have you found this week? It's so hard in the cold, isn't it? I can't wait until it thaws out a little, I think this will be easier then.

oliverstjohn said:
Hi,
Good to hear from you again, I was getting worried you had been lost in a blizzard- I hear you are getting a blast of arctic weather over there in Blighty.
Well done again on your big loss this week- that is fantastic!
I completely empathise with you on the privacy issue, I don't want to give the crowd in the staffroom any opportunity to scrutinise me........wouldn't they just love us to fail? Well....we will show them, won't we?:rolleyes: (I hope)
I think this way of life is becoming a habit for me too, I am less obsessed with what I cannot eat now. I discovered I might have an egg allergy- as you know, I am not doing TS and on two occasions I decided to have eggs rather than turkey or chicken. Bad idea....within a few minutes I felt really sick and weak. Really do not know why I am sharing that fascinating insight into my life?
As for the Gaeilge, it is amazing how patriotic one gets when in exile. Just be careful though, it's amazing the people who speak it these days....I was caught out really badly once - but that is, as they say, 'Sin scéal eile'!
I have no weight loss news at the moment as I don't plan to weigh in until Sunday morning. In the meantime I shall soldier on with my diet.
Onward Exante Soldiers.........
Keep fighting the good fight.... etc, etc.

I've been close to being buried by the snow alright, we got it quite badly on Thursday night!

We certainly will show them, I can't wait to see disdain turn to indifference as they realise they have nothing to hold over me!

That is rather interesting about your egg allergy, perhaps when I'm coming off this diet eventually I can treat it as a food allergy test, introducing one item at a time! It'll save a few hundred pounds/euro by not going to a nutritionist!

There are only two Irish people in my whole company and I rarely cross paths with the other, I know I'm safe throwing in the cupla focail in work but I wouldn't risk in on the tube or out and about!

Looking forward to hearing your news tomorrow morning then!!

Darcy15 said:
Glad to see you are doing well - it really does become routine doesn't it? :)

I've had a disappointing 2 weeks in terms of loss - despite being TS............so, I'm really hoping for good news this Sunday when I weigh :D

Stay strong!

Oh, by the way I'm an honorary Dubliner - my Dad was born and bred there!

I do believe if you've been TS there's really no way that you can't lose weight, your body might be holding onto it for now but it will have to let go! Good luck for tomorrow, I hope you get everything you want!
That's brilliant by the way, the more Irish the merrier! I'm not just saying that, it's a scientific fact - the more Irish there are in one place, the merrier everyone is!

Back