Tuesday Weighers

I find the cold makes me walk faster!

I'm doing okay although I'm so so bored of doing Slimming World at the moment. It's been six months now and I'm not even a third of the way to goal. Urgh.

I'm 6 months in too, totally understand how you feeling. Your enthusiasm will come and go in waves, just persevere and you'll get there!

sts AGAIN! this is getting silly!
I have been like that for 2 weigh ins and finally this week manage to lose 1lb!! FFS!!

Considering just how cold it is I'm getting lots of walking in but the bad side is my arthritis is really painful and I had to take a painkiller this morning (thankfully it worked)

Have made the mushy pea curry but had no blender so couldnt make it look like soup but I added chicken pieces, one each of red, green and yellow pepper and an onion and to say it was yummy was an understatement, so much so I actually had a second helping and I also made my chips as well

This evening I'm going to Cork for the weekend and I plan to stay on plan all weekend, already my watch and rings are getting looser so I think it is working. I totally can feel for what your saying new_patty, even though I will be on plan 100% and put my back into SW, I would be surprised to see a loss of more than what I gained (1.5Ibs) this can be so frustrating but keep with it

I'm feeling a bit annoyed with myself. I had a crappy week last week (not syn wise, just not planning meals so not eating enough) and I was determined that I would plan more this week. I managed a good day on Wednesday (just!) but yesterday I only had 1.5syns. I really want to be 100% this week as I'm 1.5lbs away from my 2st award. At least it's the beginning of the week so I've got time to sort it out lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm feeling a bit annoyed with myself. I had a crappy week last week (not syn wise, just not planning meals so not eating enough) and I was determined that I would plan more this week. I managed a good day on Wednesday (just!) but yesterday I only had 1.5syns. I really want to be 100% this week as I'm 1.5lbs away from my 2st award. At least it's the beginning of the week so I've got time to sort it out lol xx

I know what you mean. What I do is plan my weeks worth on weigh day ready for the new week. x

Hi Ladies,

Tomorrow is going to be the most off piste day yet. Going to see The Imitation Game with a friend at the BFI tomorrow. Full on Burger and Chips for dinner beforehand and likely copious quantities of good Irish WhiskEy to wash the day along.

To this point I have been rather good though. Big discovery this week Heck - Chicken Italia Sausages - half a syn each and very nice I thought. I have seen them in Asda and Tesco but Waitrose do not seem to have the Italia ones. That is important as there is a gotcha with the heck sausages. I have syn values for four varieties as follows.

Heck

Smokey Chorizo Style. 2.5 syn per sausage.
Chicken Italia .5 syn per sausage.
Fair & Square 4.5 syn per sausage.
97% Pork 3. syn per sausage.

My Mom looked for them in Dunnes today Orla and they were not there. :( Perhaps Tesco?

Best of luck to everyone else.

For anyone in STS hell (we've all been there) - I'd suggest changing things up. At least cook different recipies. Try using the food diary again. As Einstein said it is insanity to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. If it has been several weeks (not just a couple) then perhaps change it up, diarise your food and discuss with your consultant at your next meeting.

Have a great weekend and staggering losses! :wave_cry:

Regards,
Ian

Hi all, I rejoined on Tues having gained all of (and then some!) the weight Id lost before hand!!

I am SOOO on the wagon at the min it is ridiculous and so I am hoping for a good weight loss to give me a kickstart on my first week!

Xx

I know what you mean. What I do is plan my weeks worth on weigh day ready for the new week. x
That sounds like a good idea. A lady who was in my group last time I did sw used to have a treat tin where she would keep all of her mini chocolate bars/biscuits/sweets and have a syn list stuck to the lid so she could see at a glance how many syns each item was.

Hi camz :) I was in the same position as you. I lost 3.5st with sw and then put 6st back on! Good luck on your journey, you sound really motivated xx

I am expecting a huge gain tomorrow as I am just back from a weekend in Whitby where I have literally eaten pretty much only fried foods with the occasional cake interspersed here and there and I have drunk mainly alcohol with the occasional cup of tea thrown in. Seriously, I had fish and chips three times this weekend!!!

And to top it off I have been nominated for Miss Slinky so I'm going to feel such a fat fraud standing there with the other nominees while my body is still working its way through all that fried stuff, lmao.

But onwards! I am allowed weekends off when the time calls for it!!

Amanda,
You might get lucky and not have the effect register immediately. Do not make the assumption that the scale with do anything specific and even if it did. You draw a line in the sand and move forward, not back.

Miss Slinky is supposed to be based upon you over a period of time, not just one weigh in. If people feel that you represented a good example to them it is rude not to accept it as some sort of validation of how you had been following the plan.

Best of luck with WI tomorrow. If you get a free pass redouble your efforts to be worth it.

Best of luck to everyone with weigh in tomorrow.

Regards,
Ian

Thanks Ian. I might get lucky, who knows? I got lots of exercise too so you never know.

To be honest, I feel honoured just to be nominated for Miss Slinky. I haven't stayed to group in a while as I usually have a driving lesson on Tuesday evenings so I'm amazed people even remember me.

I havent checked in for a few days, I went to Cork for the weekend and only one day I was off plan (Saturday) and boy was I off plan, I'm hoping for a sts and will be delighted if I get that this evening.

Ian, I have to say there probably isnt as much variety of sausages in Ireland as there would be in the UK but I will look for those and see if they are in Tesco, we might be lucky.

I made the soup and the mushy pea curry with chicken pieces and a red, green and yellow pepper along with an onion so I think I might have undo the damage slightly but this evening will tell a tale.

Amanda, I can relate to your story about been nominated for Miss Slinky, for some very odd reason whenever I'm nominated for something I gain weight every time and even after I won it last week, I felt a bit guilty because I gained 1.5Ibs

Eeekk nervous about weigh in later.. just over a hour to go... x

Well done Snow!

2lbs off for me this week taking me to 3 stone 11.5lbs. I'm so close to 4 stone I can almost taste it.

I got Slimmer of the Week too which was a nice bonus, and I FINALLY dropped into the next stone bracket down which has taken fricken AGES.

Whoohoo 2lb off :D

I won Miss Slinky AND the raffle!! I've been trying to win that raffle for over a year lol. Here is me with my spoils and my before picture, taken in September last year, 3 weeks before I started Slimming World.

Attachments

• 1415742011206.jpg
    1415742011206.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1415742025179.jpg
    1415742025179.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 35
Back