Tuesday Weighers

1lb off which is better than I was expecting with my BUrger & Chips with drink on Saturday.

Props for all this weeks losses.

Regards,
Ian

-3!

Well done everyone. Congrats on the win Amanda!

i stayed the same. I am starting to go out of my mind!

Well done all!

Broken mirrors - I know a maintain is frustrating but didn't you lose last week when you expected a gain? Sometimes being off plan can take a while to catch us up so if you hadn't had a great week this week it could have been a gain.

1.5lb gain. Was expecting but feel disappointed I let stress win. Slate is clean and I'm starting again

Well another 2lb off this week!! very happy with my progress!! Need 2lb for my 2 1/2 stone next week!
Also entered the Bupa Manchester 10K run in May!! Currently running around 5k 4 times a week so let the training commence!! :D
Well done to everyone!! lets have a good week this week!!!!

Was down 2Ibs this week was thrilled because I was off plan on Saturday but I think what gave me the loss was sticking to my syns after class and not having my treat and I repeated that last night too so very chuffed with that but * week due around weigh in next week so time will tell, hopefully I wont gain

Now I'm going to stock up on melons, do my speed soup and have the mushy pea curry with chicken pieces this week

One other thing, all I need now is to lose 2.5Ibs to go into the 20's for my BMI now that would be fantastic

Orla at group last week our consultant said mushy pea curry is considered a tweak and you'd need to syn it. There are lots of other things that are tweaks too that you're meant to syn (I ignore it when it suits me :D Rice pudding made with cream soda is a particular favourite)

And well done on the 2lbs!

Cant understand why it would be a tweak, all the ingredients are free but I think it worked for me and definitely a winter warmer for these cold and bleak November days

Yeah you're totally right Snow, it is last week catching up with me. I was a bit bold after weigh in last night but back in a good mind frame this morning and tracking in my sparkley notebook, so hopefully I get a decent loss this week once I stick to plan.

I have heard mushy pea gravy is a tweak - like smash gravy but never heard that about mushy pea curry - I suppose if you were just having it as a sauce on chips or something it might be but surely not as a meal? It has loads of superfree in too? - I never blend mine as it goes fairly smooth on it's own.

Perhaps it is the addition of chicken that takes it to "special" territory. Chicken is a free food but sometimes when we alter the structure of food we can no-longer consider it syn free. e.g. Berries that are cooked are no longer free. (Or so I'm given to understand)

Lower calorie density food gets the free status though I had understood Chicken to be the same. The example of bananas came up at my meeting last night. A member was told to syn banana when making some recipe and the consultant explained it must be syned. The idea that mashing the banana up was altering it enough to modify syn values was contested with the observation that eating the banana would also mush it up.

For myself I will accept "the program" and not have to pull apart the mechanics of it. I am happy enough that I can have syn free chicken and chips if I am prepared to go through the effort of making them. :D Others may feel differently.

The idea that I/we could have steak, SW chips and veg for dinner while on a (edit) an eating plan still boggles my mind! In a good (well fed) way.

Have a great day,
Ian

Maybe it's the blending that makes it a tweak? Like you can't have mashed bananas without syning them for example. I have no idea - it was just what the consultant said.

I think though that once you've been doing it a while you can work out what works for you and what doesn't and pick and choose which of the rules you want to ignore - I do!

I agree Guru, this definitely worked for me and I think I will stick with it. I heard that when you mashed a banana it is counted as 5 syns so maybe cooking vegetables for a curry may be a tweak.

Snow, I didnt blend mine either so I think I will still consider it free but I do feel it helps with the weight loss

Thanks all, you will always get an answer to any question here, I might raise this in class next week and see what my consultant says

I think incurring syns for mashing a banana is a bit bonkers since as mentioned above it gets mashed up by your teeth anyway! I understand with things like blending fruit since it is such a massive blitz on the fruit and also with cooking. But just mashing a banana? ??...?

I could be wrong but my theory on why a mashed banana is counted as five syns is because we are not giving our body the chance to break down the banana, it takes ages for a banana to be digested so we are cutting out that process by mashing it up, banana is a stodgy food and thus the reason it is a super free is because it takes a while to digest and fill us up in the interim, hope I'm not confusing anyone

Hi all,
you probably don't remember me but i stopped doing slimming world in March/April time after my nan died as i just couldn't focus but i'm back now and feel raring to go. I joined again last night and 'only' put on 1st 3lb, was expecting about a 3st gain as i've just been constantly eating unhealthy.
Recently found out i have IBS aswell so trying to figure out what my triggers are which is quite hard but fingers crossed losing weight will help it :) looking forward to being back here again and getting to know you all.

I won Miss Slinky AND the raffle!! I've been trying to win that raffle for over a year lol. Here is me with my spoils and my before picture, taken in September last year, 3 weeks before I started Slimming World.

Wow you look amazing, well done.

Welcome back Lianne, I can imagine how hard it is to focus on your weight when a relative dies but great to see you back here. 1st 3Ibs is not too bad since April, I went away on holidays for 5 weeks and almost gained a full stone. Are you feeling very motivated since Christmas is this day six weeks away, I know other sw sites in Ireland are really motivated due to trying to get into that LBD for Christmas, our class last Tuesday had a total of 65Ibs loss and that was for about 45 people, that was brilliant

Blended and mashed veg ARE free, definitely. If you juice veg, it is not free as you are removing its fibre content. The mushy pea curry doesn't count as a tweak unless you're doing something funny with it?

My consultant said that mashed banana is synned because they are a free food and can be used as a base for so many recipes that people end up over eating them. For example, you could put 3 bananas in a smoothie and drink it easily but you wouldn't sit down and eat three whole bananas. They're lovely and really good for you but if you over eat them then you can easily end up constipated.

Back