Tulip's journey - the beginning!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Tulip, 21 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Tulip

Tulip Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi all,
    Have read lots of your diaries and have decided to start my own in an attempt to keep me on the straight and narrow.
    This is day 2 and so far so good, although I still getting used to the points value of things. This morning I had superfood granola with low fat natural yoghurt and it was 7.5 points!!!! So am being super careful now for the rest of the day - Quorn stir fry for tea!!
    Have been through the cupboard writing the points on lots of jars so at least I can start to plan my meals and hopefully eat a bit more (granola is now banned!!)

Anyway my biggest temptation is going to be wine/alcohol. I have worked out that there is 9 points in a bottle of white so I might try and limit myself to one large glass on nights I fancy one (3points by my measures) and see how I get on. How do the rest of you find weightloss and alcohol??

My long term goal is to lose 45lbs, but my first target is to complete a full week without exceeding my points.

All help gratefully received from you guys.
    Thanks
    Tulip

Goal 1 - Complete Week 1
    Goal 2 - Lose 7lbs
    Goal 3 - Get into 12's

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jo Slim

Jo Slim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.83%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    HI TULIP

welcome to ww,s
    I found it hard at first with alcohol, Ive changed from wine to vodka as its alot lower in points. Although saying that I have cut it out alot of the time, I find it speeds the weight loss up:)

good luck I look forward to reading your diary

4. fitz

fitz Lovin it !!! :)

Hi
    Firstly - Welcome xx

I love my wine and find that it can be worked into the plan.

I have had at least 1 bottle every week for the last 3 I have been doing WW and have had a loss every week.

Your calculations are spot on - I tend to have 2 smaller glasses @ 1.5 each as opposed to 1 large - feels like I am being really naughty that way.................

I have amazed myself that I can make a bottle now last 3 days - before WW - Well, lucky if it lasted 3 hrs !!!!!

Good luck on your journey - everyone is brill on here xx

5. Tulip

Tulip Member

Diet:
    WW
    Thanks ladies, its good to know I am not the only one to enjoy the odd glass (or bottle) of vino!!
    Have tried to switch to vodka in the past but just don't enjoy it as much!! If I am going to have a drink, I would rather have what I wanted I guess.

6. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Hiya - good luck with your journey!

7. *Saski*

*Saski* Up for the challenge

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey and welcome!!! :D

Just thought you'd like to know that wine works out to be just 7.5 a bottle as far as i'm aware. At least that's what i was told. So only 2.5 per large pub size glass. Yay! :party0036:Not that i drink of course... :angel09::rotflmao:

Please someone correct me if i'm wrong. i thought it was 7.5 for wine and 9.5 for champers!?!

8. fitz

According to my books from class it says
    125ml (small glass) is 1.5
    175ml (large glass) is 2

Bottle in my fridge (unopened believe it or not) is 750ml

750ml / 125ml = 6 x 1.5 = 9 ??

Have I done this right ?

9. Tulip

Tulip Member

Diet:
    WW
    Morning ladies,
    I thought it was 9points a bottle but more than happy to be wrong if its only 7.5!!! Anybody else have a definitive answer??

Well Day 2 went well. My stirfry was lush. I used 1/2 a pack of chilled quorn (3 pts), loads of free veg (0 pts) and a sachet of blue dragon chow mein sauce (1.5pts). It was really tasty and filling so I didn't bother having any noodles as I didn't really have the pts after the granola incident!!
    Anyway have a lovely day everyone!!
    Love Tulip

10. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Morning Tulip

I am like you and like a glass of wine on an evening when the kids are in bed and I am chilling but the only problem is that I am doing Slimming World and a bottle of wine on that is 30 syns - I'm only allowed 10 a day !!!!

Still wine will always be there when the fat isn't !!:D

Tracy

11. Tulip

Tulip Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi Saski,
    Thanks for your reply - I am soooo hoping you are right!! Hee, hee!!

Hi Madferret,
    Thank goodness I am not doing SW!!! Phew!!
    Maybe I should be on the AA forum rather than WW!!!

Have a good day!!

12. fitz

Morning

just checked again .........it is 9 points

Sorry x

13. Curlz

Curlz Hiya Chucks!!

Hello and welcome to the ww section.
    Any wine (dry,rose,red,sweet)is 7½ points per bottle (75cl).
    Champagne is 9 points for a 75cl bottle.

Hope that helps and best of luck with your WW journey..:)

14. fitz

Morning Tulip

Do you go to a meeting ?

If so, the Food List book in your blue folder - pg 24 - lists alcohol or if you do monthly pass - online is great for looking up points of things - I find it quite exciting looking things up - and then not so when I find what some actually are lol

15. Tulip

Tulip Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi all,
    I am using the on-line site and it is really useful.
    Well day 4 today, had stir fry again last night but think it will be chicken fahita's tonight with loads of veg and only 2 fahita's. Going to work out the points in a bit so I don't exceed.
    Not been to gym since Tuesday so think I will either go tonight or tomorrow morning - every little helps!!
    Hope you are all fine and dandy!!

16. Tulip

Tulip Member

Diet:
    WW
    Morning all.
    Everything going to plan so far. Off out for tea tonight so not sure what to have - its a pub menu so I was thinking maybe a steak with salad. Anybody have any suggestions what would be a good choice??

17. fitz

Jacket spud ? - Boring I know but depends what type of place you are going to - fish is always good or pasta with a tomato based sauce if you have the points for it.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. *Saski*

*Saski* Up for the challenge

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hoorah!!! I believe it says 7.5 on the online eating out points guide too. Maybe they round it up in your book fitz not expecting anyone to drink a whole bottle.. :p I do love wine!.... :D tehe. x x x

20. Tulip

Tulip Member

Diet:
    WW
    Gosh I could quite happily drink a bottle of wine through the course of an evening. Bad I know given the numbers of alcoholic units in a bottle let alone the points, but I don't think I am alone. :confused:
    Or perhaps I am!! :eek:

Oh well, thanks for the pub grub advice Fitz - fish sounds good. I think they do Seabass so I could have that with salad. I am off now to point sea bass and eat my M&S COU Veg Moussaka for lunch (5.5pts if anyone is interested and you can buy 3 for a £5 at the mo)!!
    Hope you are all having a good day!!

21. fitz

Lol - I'm still gonna go with 9 points as its def 1.5 points for 125ml in my food lists book from class which I got only 3 weeks ago - must be up to date.
    750ml / by 125ml means 6 glasses per bottle - blow them not expecting anyone to drink a whole bottle - how could one possibly waste it !!!! WINE WINE WINE - I think a bottle per person is more than reasonable :D:D:D:D

22. CCPM

CCPM Maintaining

Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Hi and wlecome to the WW boards you will find loads of support on here.

M

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.