• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tulip's journey - the beginning!!

Hi all,
Have read lots of your diaries and have decided to start my own in an attempt to keep me on the straight and narrow.
This is day 2 and so far so good, although I still getting used to the points value of things. This morning I had superfood granola with low fat natural yoghurt and it was 7.5 points!!!! So am being super careful now for the rest of the day - Quorn stir fry for tea!!
Have been through the cupboard writing the points on lots of jars so at least I can start to plan my meals and hopefully eat a bit more (granola is now banned!!)

Anyway my biggest temptation is going to be wine/alcohol. I have worked out that there is 9 points in a bottle of white so I might try and limit myself to one large glass on nights I fancy one (3points by my measures) and see how I get on. How do the rest of you find weightloss and alcohol??

My long term goal is to lose 45lbs, but my first target is to complete a full week without exceeding my points.

All help gratefully received from you guys.
Thanks
Tulip

Goal 1 - Complete Week 1
Goal 2 - Lose 7lbs
Goal 3 - Get into 12's

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Jo Slim

Silver Member
HI TULIP

welcome to ww,s
I found it hard at first with alcohol, Ive changed from wine to vodka as its alot lower in points. Although saying that I have cut it out alot of the time, I find it speeds the weight loss up:)

good luck I look forward to reading your diary

fitz

Lovin it !!! :)
Hi
Firstly - Welcome xx

I love my wine and find that it can be worked into the plan.

I have had at least 1 bottle every week for the last 3 I have been doing WW and have had a loss every week.

Your calculations are spot on - I tend to have 2 smaller glasses @ 1.5 each as opposed to 1 large - feels like I am being really naughty that way.................

I have amazed myself that I can make a bottle now last 3 days - before WW - Well, lucky if it lasted 3 hrs !!!!!

Good luck on your journey - everyone is brill on here xx

Thanks ladies, its good to know I am not the only one to enjoy the odd glass (or bottle) of vino!!
Have tried to switch to vodka in the past but just don't enjoy it as much!! If I am going to have a drink, I would rather have what I wanted I guess.

Hiya - good luck with your journey!

*Saski*

Up for the challenge
Hey and welcome!!! :D

Just thought you'd like to know that wine works out to be just 7.5 a bottle as far as i'm aware. At least that's what i was told. So only 2.5 per large pub size glass. Yay! :party0036:Not that i drink of course... :angel09::rotflmao:

Please someone correct me if i'm wrong. i thought it was 7.5 for wine and 9.5 for champers!?!

fitz

According to my books from class it says
125ml (small glass) is 1.5
175ml (large glass) is 2

Bottle in my fridge (unopened believe it or not) is 750ml

750ml / 125ml = 6 x 1.5 = 9 ??

Have I done this right ?

Morning ladies,
I thought it was 9points a bottle but more than happy to be wrong if its only 7.5!!! Anybody else have a definitive answer??

Well Day 2 went well. My stirfry was lush. I used 1/2 a pack of chilled quorn (3 pts), loads of free veg (0 pts) and a sachet of blue dragon chow mein sauce (1.5pts). It was really tasty and filling so I didn't bother having any noodles as I didn't really have the pts after the granola incident!!
Anyway have a lovely day everyone!!
Love Tulip

Madferret

Mad as a Hatter
Morning Tulip

I am like you and like a glass of wine on an evening when the kids are in bed and I am chilling but the only problem is that I am doing Slimming World and a bottle of wine on that is 30 syns - I'm only allowed 10 a day !!!!

Still wine will always be there when the fat isn't !!:D

Tracy

Hi Saski,
Thanks for your reply - I am soooo hoping you are right!! Hee, hee!!

Hi Madferret,
Thank goodness I am not doing SW!!! Phew!!
Maybe I should be on the AA forum rather than WW!!!

Have a good day!!

fitz

Morning

just checked again .........it is 9 points

Sorry x

Curlz

Hiya Chucks!!
Hello and welcome to the ww section.
Any wine (dry,rose,red,sweet)is 7½ points per bottle (75cl).
Champagne is 9 points for a 75cl bottle.

Hope that helps and best of luck with your WW journey..:)

fitz

Morning Tulip

Do you go to a meeting ?

If so, the Food List book in your blue folder - pg 24 - lists alcohol or if you do monthly pass - online is great for looking up points of things - I find it quite exciting looking things up - and then not so when I find what some actually are lol

Hi all,
I am using the on-line site and it is really useful.
Well day 4 today, had stir fry again last night but think it will be chicken fahita's tonight with loads of veg and only 2 fahita's. Going to work out the points in a bit so I don't exceed.
Not been to gym since Tuesday so think I will either go tonight or tomorrow morning - every little helps!!
Hope you are all fine and dandy!!

Morning all.
Everything going to plan so far. Off out for tea tonight so not sure what to have - its a pub menu so I was thinking maybe a steak with salad. Anybody have any suggestions what would be a good choice??

fitz

Jacket spud ? - Boring I know but depends what type of place you are going to - fish is always good or pasta with a tomato based sauce if you have the points for it.

*Saski*

Up for the challenge
Hello and welcome to the ww section.
Any wine (dry,rose,red,sweet)is 7½ points per bottle (75cl).
Champagne is 9 points for a 75cl bottle.

Hope that helps and best of luck with your WW journey..:)
Hoorah!!! I believe it says 7.5 on the online eating out points guide too. Maybe they round it up in your book fitz not expecting anyone to drink a whole bottle.. :p I do love wine!.... :D tehe. x x x

Gosh I could quite happily drink a bottle of wine through the course of an evening. Bad I know given the numbers of alcoholic units in a bottle let alone the points, but I don't think I am alone. :confused:
Or perhaps I am!! :eek:

Oh well, thanks for the pub grub advice Fitz - fish sounds good. I think they do Seabass so I could have that with salad. I am off now to point sea bass and eat my M&S COU Veg Moussaka for lunch (5.5pts if anyone is interested and you can buy 3 for a £5 at the mo)!!
Hope you are all having a good day!!

fitz

Hoorah!!! I believe it says 7.5 on the online eating out points guide too. Maybe they round it up in your book fitz not expecting anyone to drink a whole bottle.. :p I do love wine!.... :D tehe. x x x
Lol - I'm still gonna go with 9 points as its def 1.5 points for 125ml in my food lists book from class which I got only 3 weeks ago - must be up to date.
750ml / by 125ml means 6 glasses per bottle - blow them not expecting anyone to drink a whole bottle - how could one possibly waste it !!!! WINE WINE WINE - I think a bottle per person is more than reasonable :D:D:D:D