Snacks TURKISH DELIGHT

gonna make 'em tonight just in case we go to cinema tomoro, will make rose and lemon and 'creme de menthe' flavours.

just had a look for the other flavours on american sites, the bottles are ever so small! xx

K, how do you make syn free marshmallows hun? xx

furrysmudge said:
gonna make 'em tonight just in case we go to cinema tomoro, will make rose and lemon and 'creme de menthe' flavours.

just had a look for the other flavours on american sites, the bottles are ever so small! xx

K, how do you make syn free marshmallows hun? xx

I haven't figured it out so will need help. But my theory was to make it with egg White fluffed up and use gelatine?? I tried a combination but it was too moist . Any ideas?

The Rose essence I got was large. The loranne ones are tiny , but only a few drops are required.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

K, I think I love you muchly! Let's go for it! xx

furrysmudge said:
K, I think I love you muchly! Let's go for it! xx

I won't be able to until ermmmmm Friday?

How much gelatine is 3 envelopes?

Kx

I'd say that an 'envelope' is probably the same as a sheet of leaf or a packet of powder wouldn't you think? Think I may be busy tomoro lolol I don't have any marshmallow flavouring tho so may just use vanilla xx

My Turkish delight cane out like..... Well .... JELLY.... too wobbly for TD. .... Too much water? Not enough gelatine?... Both? :-(

Anniewillo said:
My Turkish delight cane out like..... Well .... JELLY.... too wobbly for TD. .... Too much water? Not enough gelatine?... Both? :-(

Probably a bit of both Hun . It should be more jelly cube like iykwim.

Kx

Kwise1 said:
Probably a bit of both Hun . It should be more jelly cube like iykwim.

Kx

Thought as much! Will try again over the weekend ;-) thanks x

It could also be that when I simmered it a lot evaporated thus making it more solid

Kx

I followed the recipe to the letter and they just tasted like rose flavoured jelly, as soon as i took them out of the tray they started dissolving....

On a plus note, the marshmallows are lush! Not as light as 'proper' marshmallows and obviously there's that hint of sweetener, but I added some pink colouring and a drop of raspberry flavouring. Am terrified to cut it and take it out of tray, so I'm just cutting and running at the moment lol xx

furrysmudge said:
I followed the recipe to the letter and they just tasted like rose flavoured jelly, as soon as i took them out of the tray they started dissolving....

On a plus note, the marshmallows are lush! Not as light as 'proper' marshmallows and obviously there's that hint of sweetener, but I added some pink colouring and a drop of raspberry flavouring. Am terrified to cut it and take it out of tray, so I'm just cutting and running at the moment lol xx

My TD were lovely!! I will try the mallows though

Kx

Oh yes please! I'd be so grateful if you ladies could come up with a nice low syn cake recipe, I haven't found one that i've liked yet and I really miss a slice of cake with an afternoon cuppa!

Have you tried the 1/2 syn roulade?

4 eggs separated - free
1 Tub of Quark - free
6 Tbs Sweetener - free
Vanilla Essence - free
1 Tsp Baking Powder – ½ syn

Mix 4 yolks mixed with 1/2 tub of quark, 5 tablespoons of sweetener 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.

Whisk your four egg whites till just before meringue stiffness then mix in half and then carefully fold in the last half separate into two tins (for cake) swiss roll tin (for roulade) lined with greaseproof paper and sprayed with frylight and cook for 15-20 mins on 180•

For the filling:- the last 1/2 tub of quark drop of vanilla, sweetner or to taste and chopped strawberries/berries!

Am working for 6 days in a row now so can't try the turkish delight... I'll be trying that next weekend :)

sound amazing! i love turkish delight :)

Kwise1 said:
Before I type the recipe, I want to thank Juicygooseface for providing the idea for me to make this- thanks hun ;)

INGREDIENTS
8 fl.oz cold water
3 Tblsp Rose Essence
3-4 Tblsp Splenda
2 Sachets gelatine
Frylight
Pink Colouring paste
1 tsp icing sugar (1 syn)

Spray some silicone ice cube trays with frylight

In a small saucepan mix the water, Rose essence and sweetener together and slowly bring to the boil

Lower to a simmer and whisk in the gelatine powder.

Carefully pour into the moulds

Using a cooks paintbrush or toothpick, pick up some pink colour paste and mix into each cube

Set in the fridge

Push cubes out.

In a separate bowl sieve the icing sugar.
Dip the 'Turkish delight' into the sugar as you eat.

If sprinkled on top, it dissolves and disappears,

Melted chocolate could also be used (but synned)

Oh my god I am so going to make these this weekend... Ta muchly for this Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

princess247 said:
sound amazing! i love turkish delight :)

You might need to add more gelatine. ;)

Kx

Sonyaart said:
Just made mine today and have to say it is LUSH!

Was it nice and firm like it's supposed to be? I need to have another go but I need to get it RIGHT this time!!

Anniewillo said:
Was it nice and firm like it's supposed to be? I need to have another go but I need to get it RIGHT this time!!

It was and it wasn't if u know wot I mean. It was like a jelly

Back