Step 1 Sole Source Type 2 Diabetic diagnosis, with hypertension

minnie40

Have to lose around 2 stones. I am of Asian descent, my start weight 10 st 8lbs, BMI for Asian is obese: 27, have to bring down to 20.5 to be in the midrange of the Asian BMI chart. Anything 23 and above is overweight.

This is my last chance to fight it without medications and I hope that I get the support here to do it. Diabetes, is a horrible disease with frightening complications.

Started today, had 2 x chocolate velvety so far.

I felt hurt when my doctor said I was too overweight, especially since at 5'2, I thought I looked OK for a mum of four...

First weigh in at doctors on Friday, when test results came back: 10 stone 8

Started Cambridge yesterday, had 4 drinks, as was very hungry!

Weight today: 10 stone 2.

Go for it Minnie - my father managed to diet his way out of a Type 2 diabetes diagnosis, it can be done! And he stopped smoking and went over to e-cigarettes at the same time, hats off to him!

Are you allowed to do sole source with diabetes? Thought it wasn't allowed?

Are you allowed to do sole source with diabetes? Thought it wasn't allowed?

Should be okay with Type 2 diabetes, I'd have thought. Ketosis is a good state to be in when you're insulin resistant.

Might need a doctor to sign the form but I doubt there'd be a problem with that.

Good luck Minnie

Fair enough, wasn't sure

Thanks guys, I'm giving it a good go, lost 6lbs so far. Weighed 10st 8 at GP on Friday (when I was told That i was overweight). Started Cambridge yesterday, had 4 drinks, though only 5'2. I was starving, and preferred an extra drink than to eat something. Weighed 10st 2 this morning!

Should be okay with Type 2 diabetes, I'd have thought. Ketosis is a good state to be in when you're insulin resistant.

Might need a doctor to sign the form but I doubt there'd be a problem with that.

Good luck Minnie

I am not not meds yet, so if it's keeping my blood glucose low, I don't think it's a problem.

Sounds good to me. I think years ago it was a no no but guess they realised the advantages

I just want to have a smug look on my face, when I do for next appointment on the 20/3 and it shows a new weight down from 10stone 8' I was on Friday! The best thing though, if I keep this up, my blood glucose levels will stabilise and my blood pressure will go down.

day 3 of Cambridge

Blood pressure: 132/80
Fasting Blood glucose: 6.9, down from 7.8 yesterday.
Weight: 10 st 1 lb down from 10 st 8 on Friday 22/02

Goals: to get fasting blood glucose to below 6 and BP to around 120/70.

Wish me luck x

Go for it Minnie - my father managed to diet his way out of a Type 2 diabetes diagnosis, it can be done! And he stopped smoking and went over to e-cigarettes at the same time, hats off to him!

Well done to our dad, I have been on e- ciggies for 13 months now, it's an amazing different.

day 3 of Cambridge

Blood pressure: 132/80
Fasting Blood glucose: 6.9, down from 7.8 yesterday.
Weight: 10 st 1 lb down from 10 st 8 on Friday 22/02

Goals: to get fasting blood glucose to below 6 and BP to around 120/70.

Wish me luck x

Wow, that's pretty good going already, well done! Don't think you need luck - you've got this sussed. :clap:

Thank you Lily, I am more motivated than ever. These are horrible progressive illnesses that make losing weight far important than my usual 'I want to look good!' :)

Hi

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, was ill. My weight is now 9st 6lbs. That's a 16lb loss since my diagnosis. My blood pressure is down to 120/80 and can go as low as 92/62 during the day. Amazing what a few pounds can do. My statistics is 34-29-36, I hope to lose 3-4 inches around the waist to be on the safe side for diabetes.
My diabetes is under control. Most readings are normal, an odd reading that I think is high, is still in the normal range for a diabetic. My diet is very much based on little to no carbs.

Back