UK advice

ransch

So I'm off to Edinburgh and Newcastle next week for a holiday with my daughter. After living in Germany for so long I don't know what I can grab to eat that's low carb and tasty in the UK for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Can someone give me some ideas?

We're staying in hotels so I won't be able to cook. 2nd question- does anyone know of any Atkins friendly restaurants in either of these cities? Thanks!

You could go to a cafe near your hotel and order an omelette and salad for breakfast and any restaurants you go to for lunch and dinner, you can just order any protein with roasted veg and ask not to include any sugar or flour when cooking. I've never been there but I'm sure the cafes and restaurants would be good enough which I am sure they would have plenty of!

Hope this helps xx

I'd have thought you will be able to get a plate of bacon and eggs anywhere and most cities have Nandos and Harvesters in them I think. Yo Sushi seem to be everywhere now as well.
Have a lovely trip. Sorry you aren't coming near me though.

Hiya - i have fully tested the range of restaurants;). You can basically eat almost anywhere except noodle bar (wagamama) or some places with set menus. Most places do good steak and i usually have a salad with that. Or fish of the day or roast chicken. The world is your oyster - and they're yummy too!

Yep I'd go for bacon and eggs/omelettes for brekkie, and Indian for the tandoori grill (skip the rice and naan bread), sushi, supermarkets for sliced meats and green leafies, oh and Boots if you need some Atkins chocolate :).

Enjoy your trip :)

Thank you! One question. Can we have Sushi!?

You can have sashimi ie no rice. Be careful of other things on japanese menu - lots of sugar used along with the soy so need to ask

Oooh that sounds lovely - especially the crackling LOL, I never have much success producing crackling - any tips?

Hi LadyF,

I think its to do with salting the skin. It draws out moisture so the skin is cripsy.

Not sure how much to use, think its down to trial and error.

Hope this helps :)

Back