Attack UK Dukan Followers....

skinnyminnycow

Half a pound at a time.
Hey All. :)
I have studied the book, and I am well on board to start this diet. I am going to buy all my protein for my attack phase tomorrow.

Just 2 questions if anyone could give me help?

1. - Holland and Barrett/Julian Graves Oat Bran - Is is ok to eat this oat bran? Or anyone suggest where to get oatbran in the UK?
2. Aspartame to sweeten the oatbran/tea. I cannot find this anywhere. Where do the UK people get this from?
3. ANY other suggestions for new starters?

Thanks for your help :)

Charlotte xxxxxxx

1. - Holland and Barrett/Julian Graves Oat Bran -

This is fine - as long as it is oatbran rather than oatmeal ot oatgerm

2. Aspartame to sweeten the oatbran/tea.

You will find it under the brandname "canderel". "Splenda" is another type of sweetener which you can use.

I'm a UKer who hasn't started yet (starting this Friday). I figure oatbran is oatbran, but I could be wrong; if I can't find oatbran in one of the supermarkets (placing an online order tomorrow), I'll be heading for H&B. I have to be really careful with aspartame etc as I have Graves' disease so I'm planning on a touch of Splenda for the rare occasions when I need to sweeten something. I remember Splenda from when I did Atkins years ago and it was palatable. Good luck :)

Aaaah Splenda. Didnt realise that was just aspartame! Thanks :)

Splenda is Sucralose, an alternative sweetener that wasn't available in Europe when the book was first written - it is however just as effective as aspartame.

I bought the Mornflake oatbran from Morrisons. It was in the cereal section next to the porridge :)

Back