unlimited free foods aren't REALLY unlimited are they?

the front of the s.w book says the free and superfree foods are totally unlimited....but they aren't are they?

for example Mullerlights can't be free as they are around 90 calories each...eat unlimited of those and you'll soon be putting weight on

sunshinesparkle said:
the front of the s.w book says the free and superfree foods are totally unlimited....but they aren't are they?

for example Mullerlights can't be free as they are around 90 calories each...eat unlimited of those and you'll soon be putting weight on

How many could u seriously eat in a day... They r unlimited but u should stop eating when ur full and if on EE the 1/3 of each meal should b superfree x

sunshinesparkle said:
well i could eat 3 in a day....but i still think its too much

No I do sometimes, try to not think about cals, it's really hard to retrain from that way of thinking but SW does work x

If you start thinking too much about it then the plans don't work.
Free and superfree foods are unlimited if you eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied.

If you want a mullerlight after each meal then have one, same goes for an apple, banana or something else free/superfree.

Looking at calories is not part of the Slimming World plan.

It works, it really does. Don't look too much into it.

At first it is difficult to understand you can eat as much free food as you need to fill you up.

But as it's already been said the plan does work.

Why don't you go on the SW website & read what it says about free foods.

Also take a look at the diaries on here & the stats, that will show you how much can be eaten & the losses.;)

well i could eat 3 in a day....but i still think its too much

Why? I at least one every day, often 2, sometimes 3. Eat til you're full - not just to stuff your face. And try to snack on superfree first - THEN have your Mullers if you are still hungry. I get through about 10+ Muller lights a week!

Yes you can eat as many as you like and lose weight - its all about the superfree foods though! eat more fruit and veg!!! and watch the weight come off.

If you eat free foods such as mullers or other fat free yogs, you will still lose weight!

Try not to focus on the calories either. I mean how many calories are in a banana, grapes, oranges, apples, carrots, cabbage etc? You need to stop counting the calories and enjoying the free foods.

Have fun eating lots! xxx

The way I look at it is that food has always been unlimited apart from when I was a child - what I mean is, pre Slimming World no-one dished out a certain amount for me and I didn't weigh anything out - as adults, food and drink is ALL unlimited. The only difference now is that on SW, only the nutritious low-cal filling foods remain unlimited just as they were before but the higher cal lower filling foods ARE now limited. Personally, I put weight on because despite eating reasonably healthy meals, I had a few too many glasses of wine, bags of crisps etc, not because I didn't know when I was full, I just ate too much if the wrong things.

Also, with regard to the mullers eg, as far as I understand it, you'd have to eat 25 per day for a week to put on a lb so I don't think there's anything to worry about. Also, a muller or the much maligned banana eg are filling foods - much more than say a bag of crisps. I could eat 4 bags of crisps easily as they don't fill me up at all but I couldn't eat 4 bananas and if I did I'd be quite full!

I hope someone sees the logic in my ramblings lol! Xx

I love Mullierlight but think i would throw up if I ate 25!! BUT I did read any article about how low fat diary products can aid weightloss!

Sometimes yoghurt is all I want in hot weather :eek: I try and space it out with salad but a frozen muller can (but not always :rolleyes:) be as good as ice cream.

lydia150970 said:
I love Mullierlight but think i would throw up if I ate 25!! BUT I did read any article about how low fat diary products can aid weightloss!

Yes that's true as fat deposits cling to calicium and don't get absorbed by your body (same sort of concept as those alli tablets on a smaller scale I reckon) x

I think the problem is that people read 'unlimited' but don't read the stop when you're full bit, eat their body weight in pasta, then come on here wondering why they've gained!! I think unlimited is probably a misleading word tbh cos it does give us a ready made get out clause if we fancy a pig out. In my head i'm justifying that pig out as follows
' its all free food so its fine! I can't move i'm so stuffed - but i'm still on plan!'

Anyway, if you want to eat 3 mullers in a day, and you aren't just eating for the sake of it, its fine. Everyone is different. I have seen people say on here they'd never a mugshot as a snack between meals. I do that quite alot of the time. Others limit bananas, and some eat 3 a day. All you need to ask yourself is 'am i actually hungry, or am i just eating for the sake of it?'

I think unlimited is probably a misleading word tbh cos it does give us a ready made get out clause if we fancy a pig out. In my head i'm justifying that pig out as follows
' its all free food so its fine! I can't move i'm so stuffed - but i'm still on plan!'

Absolutely agree with this. I failed on SW the first time I did it for exactly this reason. I do think saying 'unlimited' to people who generally have issues with portion control and not knowing when to stop is a bit silly.

Since starting EE and forcing myself to have at least a third of my food as fruit or veg I've stopped stuffing myself with pasta / mullers / etc.

Saying that I do sometimes have 3 yogs a day (currently much in love with the Shape delight ones) as I have fruit and yog for breakfast, and included in lunch, and if I do fanc something sweet in the evening it's likely to be a yogurt (or a synned Shape delight choc pud). Not ideal, but better than reaching for a biscuit or chocolate bar!

Lucky7 said:
Since starting EE and forcing myself to have at least a third of my food as fruit or veg I've stopped stuffing myself with pasta / mullers / etc.

Saying that I do sometimes have 3 yogs a day (currently much in love with the Shape delight ones) as I have fruit and yog for breakfast, and included in lunch, and if I do fanc something sweet in the evening it's likely to be a yogurt (or a synned Shape delight choc pud). Not ideal, but better than reaching for a biscuit or chocolate bar!

Still far better than a chocolate bar or a pack of biscuits - & those shape choc puds are AMAZING!

Back