US Holiday Help

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Hi, I'm going on holiday to Florida in 3 weeks and I'm a bit worried about how to get my shakes through customs :eek:lol. Has anyone taken their pack to the US and had any experience of it? Do I have to declare them??? :confused: Don't want to get them taken off me at the airport, that would be a complete disaster.:mad:

I think packs and bars are fine. Airgirl (who is cabin crew), had all her tetras taken off her at Gatwick due to them being liquid I think. Have a search and see if you find her thread. Hope someone can help you a bit more than me!!

Love Kj xxx

p.s. - Hope you have a FAB holiday :)

CD is sold in america, don't know if it's the same but it's an idea. Have a good time I love going to Florida we were there last Easter.

Thanks Kayjay, I was just planning on taking bars and packets cos the tetras are too heavy lol. I'll trawl through and see if I can find airgirl's thread.
Debski - I wondered if it'd be okay with it being a recognised diet in the US too.
Thanks for the help xx

Kayjay, you're a gem, thanks. I'd never have found that. Will def give tetras a miss for two weeks, it's not worth it. xxx

You're welcome chick.

(a very jealous ;)) Kj xxx

have a fabby holiday!! x

Or .......... post enough shakes to the address you are staying at so they will be there when you arrive! (probably a silly idea)

Debski that thought had crossed my mind too. I'm going to speak to my counsellor tomorrow about it. There's a big group going and two of us are doing cambridge so if they confiscate one hopefully the other will slip through the net. my other thought was to spread our packs out amongst the 8 of us lol, I'm clutching at straws now.:p

Well, not to be a party pooper, but even if you'd send it to the address where you'd be staying they can still confiscate it.. it's powder so they might just open your 'mail' up and take everything out for thorough testing (to make sure it's not drugs or w/e) and I thought (but I'm not sure, can someone confirm this (or not?)) you aren't allowed to send 'food' items to the USA. I could swear I read it somewhere.

Once again, really don't want to be the party pooper...

Isn't there a way to buy CD products in the USA ? Or is that just a really silly thought..?:$

Aaaaaargh!!!!!!! This holiday is turning into such a nightmare. I think I'm just going to take my chance with customs and hope for the best. I'm also going to look into buying the cd products over there. Failing that Walmart sell Slimfast - not ideal I know, but better than screwing it all up.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions xxx

Sorry sorry sorry!! I really didn't mean to make you feel bad.. :( You can probably take the bars with you, they don't look weird or whatever and divide all the cambridge meals in everyone's luggage / handbags.. I heard from a friend that the US are very strict and all, that's why I felt like I had to warn you extra..

But it's important you have a back up plan..

Sorry to ruin the holiday spirit :(

Oh no, don't worry about it hun, it's better to have a plan like you say. I went to the US last year as well so I know how much of a nightmare immigration is. My friend isn't as concerned as me about this, but I guess it's good one of us is. I'm just stressed cos I don't think I could bear to go into Ketosis again if I come out of it on holiday. Things will be okay, I'm sure it's not the end of the world. :cool: xxx

Back