Using my skimmed milk for something else????

michellewild

Heyyyy my lovely ladies( and men) just wondering if sometimes(not everyday) i could use my daily milk allowance with a packet of oats so simple porridge?? and then just have 2 sns shakes, woul this be ok xxx

I have no idea how much sugar is in oats so sime - or other carbs. Also, you need to think about your nutrition needs - especially protein. You need at least 50g of protein a day.

Just checked on fitness pal, and it say 187 cal,30 carbs, 3 fat, 9 protein, so if i had 2 banana shakes aswell that day that would bring it to,449 cals,56 carbs,9 fat and 31 protein, so is this not enough protein?? just been through my fitness pal food diarys and sometimes i havent been having enough protein,:eek: so with protein if i am to have at least 50g should i not go over this(or under)?? xx

Porridge is not a good enough substitute for one of the MRP packs, and 30g of carbs is too high for a ketogenic diet as you need to ensure that you have 4 packs (or 3 packs plus protein) per day. If you've only had 3 packs then your protein levels (or vit / min levels) won't have been high enough. You should have been having 3 MRP packs (so nutritionally balanced) plus 100g of chicken or fish.

I am assuming it's the Oat So Simple Original by Quaker? (I'm not a porridge person lol). Or maybe it's not because the MFP results you found are different.

If it is the quaker one, you can view the nutritional info here: - Oat So Simple

The original has 103 calories, 3g protein, 16.2g carb, 2.3g fat (per sachet without milk)

its not just the carbs and protein its the other nutrients and vitamins that your body would be missing out on if you were to have oat so simple pitty mind i love oat so simple personally id stick to the slim and save products

Thanks girls, totally agree with you all, just gonna leave it at 3 packs n proein n veg, the way its supposed to be, will save me porridge for when i finish this diet, Thankyouuuuuuuu xx

Back