Veg/Salad

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by scotsnat38, 8 November 2007 Social URL.

1. scotsnat38

scotsnat38 Full Member

Hi Everyone

I bought a bag of mixed salad leaves lastnight and some mushrooms which I'm having with balsamic vinegar.
    I know that mushrooms are 0 points but when I looked at nutritional info on salad leaves, a portion maybe equated to half a point.
    Surely salad leaves are 0 points?!
    Also I'm a big fan of balsamic vinegar - is that 0 points too?

Am running short on points today...had a Curly Wurly too many yesterday and I need to save points for a party on Saturday night so am looking for a 'free' meal tonight if I can and so if I can have salad, mushrooms and BV for 0 points I'll be delighted!!

Help!!??....

:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Salad leaves are 0 points. I had the same thoughts today, because I had baby corn for lunch, which is also 0 points but contained calories which would usually come to about 1 point! I don't know how or why it works, but whenever I've been successful with ww before I've always counted 'no point' foods as just that - no points - and it's always worked for me.

I know that some foods take more calories to digest than are actually in them - maybe that's how they work out the 0 point veg? I don't know, I'm just guessing, lol.

4. scotsnat38

scotsnat38 Full Member

Aaaahhh I avoided buying Baby Corn lastnight because I thought it'd have points..and I love Baby Corn!! I saw it beside the Sugar Snap Peas and thought YUM Baby Corn!!!...
    I keep reading labels for points as opposed to looking at WW books because WW books say 0 points and labels say 1/2 - 1pt and I panic!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.