Veggie sliming worlders

PurpleSky

banana phone
Hey all going to my first sliming world meeting on Thursday(I is excited ^_^) and well i was wondering if there were any vegetarian peeps on here doing slimming world as i wanted to know how you found the food choices and also i dont eat things like quorn or the soya stuff, for one i dont like them and two they make me sick sooo hopefully theres a few alternatives to it.

Anyways i digress would be great to speak toyou all anyway :D

Hello,

Vegan SWer here! I can't eat quorn and I find the plan incredibly easy to follow, there are so many free foods to choose from that I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I eat a lot of veggies, grains, pulses, tofu and sometimes soy meats. It does feel a little centred around quorn at first, but once you start cooking you'll be fine. I just make the old meals I used to love more SW friendly, so I don't even feel like I'm eating that differently.

There are plenty of other veggies/vegans on the board, so I'm sure you'll get some more advice soon

Hope this helps :D

Ahh thats awesome, thank you for repling. Im not overly sure how the whole slimming world thingy works atm but i know it works and flicking through the sw mag i mean my goodness is this really diet foood? lol. Hubby cant make the meetings but he had a look and went ohhh can you put me on it(hes a ominvore lol)

Hi and welcome! I'm new to the site too and have just started back on a real mission to lose weight after having my boys!

I'm also a veggie although I do eat quorn! I'm sure you'll find loads of food u like on SW! Pasta, rice, veg, fruit.. Do u like tofu? You can still have egg and certain amounts of cheese, cereals and bread.

I'm sure you'll find your way with it quite quickly!

V x

I've tried and love seitan, although it's usually higher syns than soya because it's made from flour. A lot of the Redwoods mock meats are made from seitan :)

Tofu is ace but can be bloomin' horrible if it's not prepared properly. Before cooking, make sure you drain it and press the water out of it, otherwise it can be too moist and will go soggy. Tofu is great because it just soaks up flavour, so soak it in some soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and spices and it'll be delicious. Otherwise there are plenty of marinade recipes out there. Oh and make sure it's not silken tofu you've bought, which is jelly like and best used for cakes and puddings.

Cool thanks for that i was wondering about the whole syn factor with it seeing its a wheat based product. This is firm tofu(cauldron) and yes i bet its quite horrible without any marinade. Urmmmm think chili and garlic with it and some stir fry veggies, will get andy to try it too lol

Everyone else has already advised food wise. I just wanted to drop in and welcome a fellow vegetarian Sw'er...hey there! :)

Pescie SWer here! I love Quorn but veggie partner hates it, or anything else that tastes like meat, so don't tend to eat mountains of it when cooking for us both. He also doesn't like eggs so we hardly ever have omelettes (he's a pain in the backside, bloody picky eater!). Easy to get plenty of protein from pulses though, we have chickpea curries quite often, or pasta meals with some lentils thrown in, or cottage pies made with veg and three-bean salad. Tonight will be spinach and ricotta pasta with some puy lentils added, yum!

Hey there, I'm a veggie too! I love this diet as it's so vegetarian friendly. I've tried other diets before and found them really hard.

I love Quorn, but make plenty of things without it. One of my faves, which is reall quick is an arribiata sauce, just frylight some red onions and peppers with some chili, add a jar of passata and a dash of Tobasco then serve over pasta. Also you could try mixed bean chili, I love adding the Heinz sweet chili mean beanz! Yummy!!

Good luck with your weight loss, you'll do great!! x sarah x

Thanks guys for the support, urmm a *diet*in which you can eat pasta. Do they tell you how sw actually works as it obviously does but it always sounds like it shouldnt lol. Spoke to the consultant who runs the group i'm going to, sounds lovely and she said the group is really nice tooo, i'm actually bricking it a little bit tbh lol

Don't brick it PurpleSky lol. You are going to be eating delicious, healthy food while turning more fit and gorgeous by the day. It is a win-win situation so you have nothing to fear. Just trust the plan and it will work :D

Hello,

Vegan SWer here! I can't eat quorn and I find the plan incredibly easy to follow, there are so many free foods to choose from that I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I eat a lot of veggies, grains, pulses, tofu and sometimes soy meats. It does feel a little centred around quorn at first, but once you start cooking you'll be fine. I just make the old meals I used to love more SW friendly, so I don't even feel like I'm eating that differently.

There are plenty of other veggies/vegans on the board, so I'm sure you'll get some more advice soon

Hope this helps :D

Hey there! can i ask what kind of tasty meals can you eat as a vegan? I'm a vegetarian but may have to cut out dairy products for health reasons. :)

Back