VerdePurdy's Daily Weigh In

Aaaargh I've had a mathematical nightmare. My weigh ins were on the wii fit originally which is (as I unfortunately found out yesterday) weighing me 6lbs LIGHTER than my digital scales... :mad: I got the right hump and had a strop on for the rest of the day.

I've just been into all my posts on this thread and changed them to the correct weight, so excuse all the "VerdePurdy edited this post at --:--" I just wanted everything to be right.

I haven't got a strop on any more, I have now lost a total of 13lbs and tomorrow (which is the end of my 3rd week) I'm hoping to have lost another 1lb to lose my first stone! Wish me luck :D

I was weighing on old scales and got done new digital scales which showed me 8lbs heavier, I nearly threw the towel in! Ha thankfully iv got below what my old scales said but it's very disheartening !

Hi ladies I'm here to subscribe, I'm trying to lose my honeymoon weight. How do u know exactly how many calories are in some items?? Such as fruit or meat? Chicken? Fish? If it's not written on a packet I panic. Any help would be very welcome x

Hi ladies I'm here to subscribe, I'm trying to lose my honeymoon weight. How do u know exactly how many calories are in some items?? Such as fruit or meat? Chicken? Fish? If it's not written on a packet I panic. Any help would be very welcome x

If u have a iphone/android phone or a laptop/computer then download myfitnesspal.....you enter all your stats in & your calories targets then you can search for food such as branded food or fruit & veg etc and it tells you the calories.
For eg if you were having fish & chips for tea you'd weigh your fish, then go on myfitnesspal pal and search for the fish then choose the weight & it will show you the calories.You'd then weigh your potatoes and do the same. If your adding any oil etc then you would search for whatever oil it was & how much eg 1 tsp, 1 tbsp etc.
I could not live without my measuring spoons & my kitchen digital scales

Thanks for that yep I love the kitchen scales... Very handy :) I made a great start today, was feeling a lil bloated n yuck so had a low cal day to give my body a bit of a detox : here's hoping t worked I had 720 cals today but will b having 1,200 most days x

Hi weakwilled :) I use MyNetDiary and like MFP it has loads of foods already on there and you can scan the barcode of most things too to bring up the nutritional information. If I'm stuck I refer to a book one of my clients gave me called the calorie, fat and carbs bible... And if I'm REALLY stuck I google the product and nutritional information.

Thanks MinzieMoo!

Today, I am 311lbs! 3lbs down :) I had a fast day yesterday and did some indoor exercise (this weather is dreadful) and, excuse TMI, but my herbal colon cleanse kicked in.

This has given me a real boost. My boyfriend's parents are taking us to Zante in September so I want to lose at least 3 or 4 stone of my excess weight by then!

Thanks for the support everyone :)

Hi weakwilled :) I use MyNetDiary and like MFP it has loads of foods already on there and you can scan the barcode of most things too to bring up the nutritional information. If I'm stuck I refer to a book one of my clients gave me called the calorie, fat and carbs bible... And if I'm REALLY stuck I google the product and nutritional information. Thanks MinzieMoo! Today, I am 311lbs! 3lbs down :) I had a fast day yesterday and did some indoor exercise (this weather is dreadful) and, excuse TMI, but my herbal colon cleanse kicked in. This has given me a real boost. My boyfriend's parents are taking us to Zante in September so I want to lose at least 3 or 4 stone of my excess weight by then! Thanks for the support everyone :)

What's in your herbal colon cleanse?

Well I've had one hell of a week... Valentine's day meal on Thursday night, a naughty dinner on Friday night, Pizza and chocolate at the cinema on Saturday night and a meal out yesterday.

I knew I would put on... But I wasn't expecting 4lbs :(

Especially when I still counted my calories and every day I had around 2000 + or - 100 or so, which is the RDA for women. Surely that can't equate to a 1lb gain a DAY?

I'm not drinking as much water as I was before, do you think that's it? Or because the foods were naughty they contained more sodium which is making me retain water? I just don't understand, I should have saved myself the worry and eaten what I wanted if I knew a gain like this was going to happen!

Xxx

Last edited:
Thanks LilEm, I've been downing water like it's vodka ;) and I'm back down to 313lbs... 2lbs more to lose and I'm back to my lowest number.

Xxx

I went for my first C25K run yesterday and I was only 2 mins from home when two young lads started shouting abuse at me as I jogged past. I was humiliated :'(

I'm trying so hard to lose weight but it just isn't shifting like it was before. I'm gutted... This always happens. I'm going to speak to my doctor about a gastric band because this vicious cycle has been going on for 6 years now. I've had some tests done and it turns out I've got PCOS and an underactive thyroid... Days like these I don't want to get out of bed.

I went for my first C25K run yesterday and I was only 2 mins from home when two young lads started shouting abuse at me as I jogged past. I was humiliated :'(

Oh no, poor you that isn't nice. If it makes you feel any better I think some kids are just like that come what may. I reckon most people who would see you would think, good for her for being out there working hard :)

Are you going to go back out again? It would be a shame for you to stop because exercise is bound to really help. I know I eat much better when I have exercised because I don't want to waste all the hard work I have put in x

Back