VerdePurdy's Daily Weigh In

Hello :) i was feeling despondent and gave up for a couple of weeks... I put on weight. I was too ashamed to admit that in 18 days I had gone from 310 to 315... 5lbs! It was gutting.

But I got back on track this Monday and I have been working my bum off to get back to 308 which has been my lowest weight. I managed that yesterday and today I weigh 306!

So, after all that... I have lost a total of 21lbs :)

Thank you for checking up on me!

Hello :) i was feeling despondent and gave up for a couple of weeks... I put on weight. I was too ashamed to admit that in 18 days I had gone from 310 to 315... 5lbs! It was gutting. But I got back on track this Monday and I have been working my bum off to get back to 308 which has been my lowest weight. I managed that yesterday and today I weigh 306! So, after all that... I have lost a total of 21lbs :) Thank you for checking up on me!

How's it going verde?

Hi MinzieMoo :) I've been having a nightmare time of it... I'm a nail tech, I own my business and things have been booming recently which is fantastic news for my wallet but not my waistline. I don't have time for a lunch break or anything so I end up picking between clients which means I eat more! I'm pretty annoyed at myself but also feeling a bit overwhelmed. These 12 hour days are really getting to me.

I've put on 2.5lbs in total.

Back on track this week!

Hi everyone, just a quick update for you. I haven't been around much lately because my life has been so hectic!

Today, I weigh 302lbs :)
That is a 25lbs loss in total. I'm thrilled to bits and I can't wait to get below 300! At 299 I will have lost 2 stone exactly.

So, my big news...

I am scheduled for a gastric bypass on the 16th June 2014. That's a month away!! I'm ridiculously excited.

Losing just 25lbs has been a battle with my mind and my mouth... Weight has been a lifelong problem for me. I am finally ready to strip back my protective fat layers and show the world who I am/who I feel like inside. No longer do I want to be defined by my size!

At 8 years old I weighed 8st5lbs and didn't I know it. I never fitted in, really, but I have always carried my weight quite well. I was a 16 year old size 14 and weighed 15 stone! I've tried weight watchers, slimming world, Atkins, diet chef, slim fast: you name it. On a diet from 12 years old. It's no wonder I got depression! I have lost this weight through calorie counting and am very pleased but I am still only 20! How can I go along the rest of my life worrying about food the way I do now?

Surgery feels right for me. I am confident that I have made the right decision and I feel lighter, like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, just thinking about it :)

Thank you for your continued support and encouragement!

I'm so happy I could cry!! Today I have hit a milestone:

I am under 300lbs
I have lost exactly 2 stone

Woohoo!

Attachments

• image-1738754202.jpg
    image-1738754202.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3256781430.jpg
    image-3256781430.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1192977742.jpg
    image-1192977742.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image-4074850707.jpg
    image-4074850707.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 47
Hi all, just a heads up... I'm pulling out because I had my gastric bypass on Monday :)

Highest weight: 327lbs
Weight on surgery day: 290lbs
Current weight: 284lbs

Thanks so much for your support and encouragement, I feel I've made the best decision for my health and happiness! If anyone wants to ask me questions or see my progress, you can find me on wlsurgery.com or YouTube under the same username :)

Best of luck to you all, it's been wonderful. Xx

Last edited:
I dropped back in here today because I've been thinking about my diet before surgery... Wow. What a difference. I just wanted to say a big thank you to you guys for all of the encouragement and support, and I wanted to share my pictures with you - before and now. I haven't got an after picture yet as I'm not at my goal weight, but today I weigh 15 stone exactly and I have lost 117lbs in total (80lbs since my surgery on the 16th June). I often find old threads that have just faded away and I find myself wondering about the person who started it. Where are they now? How did they do it? So here's the middle of my weight loss story, and one day I will come back to tell you the "end" (though we all know it's a lifelong fight).

The "before" picture of me was taken in February, the dressed up picture was taken on Halloween - I was wearing slinky clothes, eek - and the most recent (normal picture of me) was taken last week.

You're all doing so well and I'm chuffed to see everyone working so hard to reach their goal. Wishing you all the very best of luck. Remember it will all be worth it! Thanks again xxx

Attachments

• image-74326984.jpg
    image-74326984.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3101758726.jpg
    image-3101758726.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image-2967711370.jpg
    image-2967711370.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 37
Back