Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Remember to measure for the weeks you loose inches and not weight and do your biggest trousers photo so you can do the classic before and after shot its a fab feeling xxx

Hey sididd

I do I do. And I lost .5 inch on my waist and hips last week. Overall 7 inches off both!

I did not take full body measurements when I started dukan (never thought I'd make it). I do regret that now but I can feel the changes in the way my clothes fit so happy :).

Blimey! You should be so proud of yourself lovely...... We are :D x You're truly cruising, and it's amazing to see xx

You're doing brilliantly and well done on that smaller clothes size :D (you've also reminded me that I need to take my measurements some time soon.) x

Hiya all!

Finally completed the busy week and submission on Sat. Ended up working till about 2am Sun morning, so was shattered yesterday and just lay in bed all day :zz:

Back at work today...

WI at 1 kg loss last week (and another .5 inch off my hips!). I am now at 90.9 kg (200.4 lbs) - was hoping to have knocked off that little extra to get me into the 80s (and in the 100s!) but oh well... there's always next week... :rolleyes:

I have nothing exciting to report - it was a very busy week but stuck to the food and exercise. No cheats or tolerated at all last week.

Was craving cake yesterday - not the taste but the bread like cakey feeling! All my trials at making the perfect dukan cake have failed - until i came across a little nugget on some site re the Dukan chocolate mug microwave cake!

Someone mentioned how they substituted the oat bran for wheat bran (1tsbp) in the recipe as they used up their oat bran allowance for the day. and omg! that is the closest ive got to a real cake. it was sublime. siting at home on my couch eating a whole cake! perfect end to the lazy day.

Going to catch on my minimins reading now... hope you guys have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
It's weird, the things that you can crave on this diet - when I have fallen off the wagon, I've headed to the cereal cupboard so many times because I miss the crunch and the sogginess and the various textures!! I've never tried any of these mug cakes but they do sound tempting.. You're doing great, I love reading your diary.

oooh yes those mug cakes are lovely... I must admit that I haven't tried it with wheatbran.

So what recipe did you use?
x

oooh yes those mug cakes are lovely... I must admit that I haven't tried it with wheatbran.

So what recipe did you use?
x

Recipe copied out below... sun night i just used 1 tbsp wheat bran, while last night i hadnt had my oat bran yet, so decided to eat another cake! it was delish with the oats as well :drool:

The only thing i amended was the amount of sweetener used. I use splenda and have to make the batter sickeningly sweet before baking or microwaving to get it just right.

Also tried celeriac chips last night - omg! i never thot id enjoy eating celery root. it was so full of flavor. didnt come out crispy but was a great addition to my salmon n beans :p

Does anyone have any other recommendations on fake chips? I've tried swede (didnt like as much) and now celeriac. Wanna experiment to add to my veggies...

Chocolate Mug Cake

2 tablespoons oat bran
2 tablespoons skimmed milk powder
½ tablespoon low fat cocoa powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Sweetener to taste
1 egg
3-4 tablespoons skimmed milk (6 dessertspoons milk)

In a very large mug:
Beat the egg and 3Tsp of milk together
Add the Oat Bran, milk powder, sweetener, cocoa and baking powder.
Mix very well.
It should be quite liquid.
If necessary, add another 1Tsp of milk.
Microwave for 3 minutes on high (850W)

Oooh... I've heard that kale dried out for a couple of minutes in the oven are lovely ...... I'm trying to get my sister to try them (still going strong on the vlcd train so no food for me :sigh:) so I'll let you know..... Dries like crunchy seaweed texture but like crisp flakes (slice? Chip? Sliver? What do you call the shape of one crisp?)..... Oooh speaking of seaweed try sprinkling some dried crushed shrimp or bacon on.... nomnomnom:drool: can you tell I can't wait to try all the healthy tips and tricks out when I get to goal lol

Sounds like you're doing fabulously hon :D Good on ya xxx

oooh Beverley... how is it going on the vlcd?

Bonkers - I'm not much of a chip fan, even the real ones, but have you tried boiling your celeriac and mashing it? In my humble opinion it beats mashed potato any day and has a lovely taste!!

Hi Maintainer!!!!! I'm hanging in there... I had three magical days of food over Christmas (*she sighs wistfully *) and lost a battle with KFC on the 4th day..... But beyond that I found it surprisingly easy to go back to meal replacement packs, soups and shakes. And only gained 3lbs (since lost 10lbs) so all in all doing grrrrreat :D

How's things in your world?!? xx

All is good with me and my Dukan world. It's like coming home really. So easy. My favourite foods ("my" being Kelly, the dieter... not Jo the sinner right? You know I am two distinct personalities!!).

I know it's not real life though. It's Dukan life. Much the same as for you, I guess.

We'll get the weight off and then try to muddle through the stabilisation process again... :D

oooh Beverley... how is it going on the vlcd?

Bonkers - I'm not much of a chip fan, even the real ones, but have you tried boiling your celeriac and mashing it? In my humble opinion it beats mashed potato any day and has a lovely taste!!

My mum added the celeriac to my veggies as a potato replacement last night. It was tasty but not as good as the chips were ... think I'm gonna end up making a batch of those over weekend :p

Oooh... I've heard that kale dried out for a couple of minutes in the oven are lovely ...... I'm trying to get my sister to try them (still going strong on the vlcd train so no food for me :sigh:) so I'll let you know..... Dries like crunchy seaweed texture but like crisp flakes (slice? Chip? Sliver? What do you call the shape of one crisp?)..... Oooh speaking of seaweed try sprinkling some dried crushed shrimp or bacon on.... nomnomnom:drool: can you tell I can't wait to try all the healthy tips and tricks out when I get to goal lol

Sounds like you're doing fabulously hon :D Good on ya xxx

I actually went out to buy Kale that night - but didnt coz it was so expensive compared to that bid ball of celeriac. I didnt wanna waste that much money on something I may not like. but now that even you recommending kale will just go buy a bunch tonight and try them tomorrow.

dried crushed shrimp... hmmmm... how do (um) dry them? or do you mean those packaged ones that i see in the seafood section of the supermarket (arent they salted? like jerky?).

i must admit this week has been fun with food. and have managed to squeeze in a couple of days of exercise as well. but am so looking to unwinding over the weekend (which is tomm for me - yay!).

havent spent any time with my niece this week (coz of work and visitors) and plus i am actually leaving early today - she picks me up in an hour - so ill get to play with her all afternoon :D.

I'm not actually sure I know what kale is... but I shall duly inspect everything green in the supermarket tomorrow! I'm with you on the dried crushed shrimp... not sure I like the sound of that!
I do remember someone suggesting protein crisps (when you place a couple of thin slices of supermarket packaged watery salty plasticky ham/chicken/turkey slices on a baking sheet and they go crisp... but I try to keep away from those water logged salty offerings!)
I'm guessing the weather is nice where you are?

I'm not actually sure I know what kale is... but I shall duly inspect everything green in the supermarket tomorrow! I'm with you on the dried crushed shrimp... not sure I like the sound of that!
I do remember someone suggesting protein crisps (when you place a couple of thin slices of supermarket packaged watery salty plasticky ham/chicken/turkey slices on a baking sheet and they go crisp... but I try to keep away from those water logged salty offerings!)
I'm guessing the weather is nice where you are?

Did you find the kale? I tried it on Fri and OMG :wow: - i never ever thot I'd say this - i love that green leafy vegetable! :p

Just salt and fry light and in the bake for about 15 min - i ate the whole bunch in one go... could not stop my self!

But then I googled it (to justify my eating so much ;)) - turns out kale has more vitamin c than an orange and more calcium than milk! oh just perfect!

I dont think I wanna do protein crisps - they dont sound that appealing.

And yes, weather actually lovely this time of the year - its winter and 20 Celsius during the day going down to 15 at night. Light showers in some areas... its a welcome change to the 90% humid 50 degree summers - we love this weather!

So in weight loss news - lost 1.2 kg last week bringing grand total to 29.6kg!!!

What is even cooler - I'm in the 80s and also in the hundreds (lbs). I now weigh 197.7 lbs yay :bliss:

.5 inch off my waist, eating clean and kicked up the notch with exercise - started Chalean Extreme today and loving it! my arms are so tired!

Other highlights:

1. Completed 60 days smoke free yesterday!!!!

2. While doing one of the exercises this morning, the instructor said "if your abs are weak you may not be able to go all the way down" and at that point my feet were all the way down! so my abs are actually stronger than i thot :p - it was one of those floor exercises where legs are raised perpendicular and then lowered and raised...

3. In the correct light - I can see my collar bones :D

Wow that's amazing! I'm no good with kg but I think 1.2 is about 3 pounds?? Bloody amazing. P.s I'm gunna give the kale ago when I'm on PV :) xx

Last edited:
Wow that's amazing! I'm no good with kg but I think 1.2 is about 3 pounds?? Bloody amazing. P.s I'm gunna give the kale ago when I'm on PV :) xx

thanks leah! it is approx. 2.6 lbs...

u must must try kale - i have spent all day at my desk just waiting to get out of here and buy some to make for tonight :drool:

Back