Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Gosh isn't it goby how everything happens in its own sweet time, and yet precisely at the right time..Ex-bestie indeed! How lucky you were in the zone and already working on you with no dramayic input. Boo hiss to him :p

I think you're right about 'planned breaks' keeping you sane actually..... If you have a lot to lose overall (like moi) 7 or 8 months on a strict plan could be terrifying!

Ooh! A weekly celebratory meal sounds SCRUMPTIOUS:D

Congrats on 193 and 110 days - either on their own would be a huge achievement but to do them both at the same time - wow!! You have the most fantastic willpower & being 6 stone lighter & smoke free, you must be feeling fab too. I also admire the way that you can have a treat & spring right back - it's something I really struggle with. Now treat yourself to some nice new clothes that fit, with all those pennies you must've saved from not smoking!! But not too many size 18s cos it doesn't sound like it'll be long before you're buying the next size down?! Also, Bev - I LOVE your posts, can you please join us on Dukan?! (Or at least promise to keep posting here!!) :) xx

I agree that you speak a lot of sense, Beverley!
This is a great thread and discussion about taking days off. I've progressed a long way in my thinking where those sort of things are concerned. At the outset, on Dukan to get to target and then figure out how to maybe stabilise, I'd have been against it. Some people might have problems not letting a meal off or a day off turn into a full blown week or month off. But a few years down the line and having got to target and failed to stay there (probably more than once actually, each time raising the bar...), and having seen many others in the same situation, I'm now of a mind that learning to have a meal or a day off could indeed help those of us who have had issues at target weight. While yes it'll probably slow our weight loss, particularly as we near target, but it's something to look forward to, I don't feel I'm in ketosis anyway and since Conso as it is written is beyond many of us "EATERS", once at target, a day on and a day off might be the way forward for us...

Food for thought... Dukan style of course ;)

I too am in awe at your accomplishments Bonkers... :)

*Also, Bev - I LOVE your posts, can you please join us on Dukan?! (Or at least promise to keep posting here!!)**xx

Oooh Lorlypop you've asked for it now! (tell her Bonkers) hahaha

You and me old pal Maintainer (not to mention B herself) are lovely and so welcoming, everything I know about Dukan I've learnt on here (usually by being nosey :p) but no matter the plan the psychology behind why we 'overeat /eat the wrong foods /struggle with weight loss' are so similar it's frightening. You all actually gave me pause for thought: I'm far more casual about "if I really want it, I'll have a bit with no carbs" and for the first time EVER I'm holding steady. I can survive Christmas, I can have surgery and come back to CD 2 weeks later (having gained only 2lbs :bunnydance:) and just carry on....And this refusal to feel guilt or use the language of "cheating", but rather being sensible and having success strategies is why we will win. Yay us :D

How was your day B? xx

Ps: feeling very 'preachy' today for some reason lol I've been dropping my opinion all over the gaff this evening :soapbox: I'm going to bed before someone on the other threads cottons on :D I hope we all have a fab day tomorrow x

Last edited:
Ps: feeling very 'preachy' today for some reason lol I've been dropping my opinion all over the gaff this evening :soapbox: I'm going to bed before someone on the other threads cottons on :D x

Love it!! haaaaa! It's true that sometimes I get the urge to approach someone I see who could probably use some help (but doesn't know it!!) but I'm glad I never quite have the courage to go up to her!

As for "cheating" and being "good" or "naughty", I deleted them from my vocabulary years ago. My sister uses the last two quite often and it grates on me!!

Gosh isn't it goby how everything happens in its own sweet time, and yet precisely at the right time..Ex-bestie indeed! How lucky you were in the zone and already working on you with no dramayic input. Boo hiss to him :p

I think you're right about 'planned breaks' keeping you sane actually..... If you have a lot to lose overall (like moi) 7 or 8 months on a strict plan could be terrifying!

Ooh! A weekly celebratory meal sounds SCRUMPTIOUS:D

Finding out on FB about the wedding wasnt fun :sigh: but its done and I wont lie - miss him everyday - but life's too short to care about ppl that dont care about u :rolleyes:

I know right? Weekly celebration meals are the best! I've said this a million times already but I cant help myself - I CANT WAIT TO MOVE TO CONSO!!!!! :D

Congrats on 193 and 110 days - either on their own would be a huge achievement but to do them both at the same time - wow!! You have the most fantastic willpower & being 6 stone lighter & smoke free, you must be feeling fab too. I also admire the way that you can have a treat & spring right back - it's something I really struggle with. Now treat yourself to some nice new clothes that fit, with all those pennies you must've saved from not smoking!! But not too many size 18s cos it doesn't sound like it'll be long before you're buying the next size down?! Also, Bev - I LOVE your posts, can you please join us on Dukan?! (Or at least promise to keep posting here!!) :) xx

Thanks lorlypop. I do feel fab - and I am putting all that down to me being in the right place mentally. I completely believe in personal choice and believe that you can stick to life changing decisions (quit smoking, lose weight whatever) only when you doing it for you.

I cant wait to go shopping for my size 16s :D- And in the 113 days (today ;)) I've saved up about 93 GBP (converting for you). Since I live in the ME, ciggs are dirt cheap (no tax) about 1.5 GBP a pack :p.

And Bev is the best - I keep telling her to get on with it and write a book already!

I too am in awe at your accomplishments Bonkers... :)

:)

Joanne - its you who has achieved so much... so what if we keep coming back to lose the little extra gain (we are allowed to enjoy our one life). But you lost 56kg by eating healthy! That's a big big wow!

Oooh Lorlypop you've asked for it now! (tell her Bonkers) hahaha

You and me old pal Maintainer (not to mention B herself) are lovely and so welcoming, everything I know about Dukan I've learnt on here (usually by being nosey :p) but no matter the plan the psychology behind why we 'overeat /eat the wrong foods /struggle with weight loss' are so similar it's frightening. You all actually gave me pause for thought: I'm far more casual about "if I really want it, I'll have a bit with no carbs" and for the first time EVER I'm holding steady. I can survive Christmas, I can have surgery and come back to CD 2 weeks later (having gained only 2lbs :bunnydance:) and just carry on....And this refusal to feel guilt or use the language of "cheating", but rather being sensible and having success strategies is why we will win. Yay us :D

How was your day B? xx

Ps: feeling very 'preachy' today for some reason lol I've been dropping my opinion all over the gaff this evening :soapbox: I'm going to bed before someone on the other threads cottons on :D I hope we all have a fab day tomorrow x

I told her :p

It was busy busy yesterday at work... Now slowed down so catching up.

You never "preachy". You give great advise and your posts are such a wonderful ready that even if someone wanted to be offended they'd be laughing too hard!

Love it!! haaaaa! It's true that sometimes I get the urge to approach someone I see who could probably use some help (but doesn't know it!!) but I'm glad I never quite have the courage to go up to her!

As for "cheating" and being "good" or "naughty", I deleted them from my vocabulary years ago. My sister uses the last two quite often and it grates on me!!

Hmmm... I love saying that I "cheated". Makes me feel super strong when I get back on track ;)

But no more "guilty" for me - I dont think that anymore!

Aww thanks Bonkers xx

Hope you're having a brill day :D

So far all good... Tired though and taking a 3 day break from exercise before moving onto the next phase of the program im doing.

Planning on starting this Sat and before that will do stats and excited to see what I look like :p

How are you doing today? Feeling better?

Oohh you're making me jealous with mention of celebration meals lol Don't forget to pop in and let us know how you're finding Conso. Have fun buying new clothes! x

:)

Joanne - its you who has achieved so much... so what if we keep coming back to lose the little extra gain (we are allowed to enjoy our one life). But you lost 56kg by eating healthy! That's a big big wow!

73.5K actually... ;) For one day! And I've never been anywhere near it again!

Hello Bonkers, how's it going? x

73.5K actually... ;) For one day! And I've never been anywhere near it again!

OMG! How did I calculate that incorrectly... maybe I looked at current weight and not lowest weight hmmm.

Good loss last week - going to come by diary and catch up today.

Hope you had a great weekend

Hello Bonkers, how's it going? x

Hey PogMoma

All good... was a busy thurs at work so didnt get to say hello and weekends are always impossible as out with family etc.

Back at work today and back to minis... :D - Hope you having a good weekend?

Hello All

Happy Sunday to whoever checks in today.

A whopping 1.6kg off last week - meaning 4.8kg or 10.6lbs left to TW :D!!! I am so happy :banana dancer:

This is a deviation from the 1kg I have been consistently losing every week since the beginning of this year... what I did different last week:

1. ate a whole load more fish (salmon and mackerel) - I actually ate fish everyday last week - sometimes even two meals!

2. ate more fat! I mean the fatty fish and the teaspoon off oil in cooking daily, ate the chicken skin, didn't trim any of the steaks I ate... Oh and corn beef! I ate half a tin of corn beef last week!

3. didnt bother with skimmed milk at all - or skimmed cheese for that matter - drank low fat milk and ate light cheese! (meaning more fat and less carbs)

I know my body likes dietary fat (I had noticed that right in the beginning after eating a Nandos and losing weight overnight!). So I dont think I will bother looking out for the fat from now on... A combination of Dukan and Atkins? hmmm :confused:

Started Phase 3 (Lean) of Chalean Extreme yesterday. It was a bicep, tricep and legs workout - my legs are fine but I could barely move my arms yesterday and they are still so sore!!!

Finally, on Fri, my mum decided to tell me that she thinks I need to stop losing weight - WHAT??? Apparently, she feels that I now look like I did in college and she fears if I lose any more I may start to look sickly ...

That conversation actually made me very happy :D... Told her that I'd to TW and then will be eating more normally so should stabilize... But she was really trying to convince me to slow down on the exercise - basically to maintain what i have achieved so far... but na! I am getting to TW and will then move on to Phase 3. No way am I stopping now and not feel that sense of achievement (and maybe undo all my hardwork!).

So now I'm off to check up on everyone... (and much on my kale chips while doing so :D

Oh - I am in the 12 stone bracket now! Bye bye forever 13 stones ... Hello 12!

And hopefully next week I'll be saying - 6 stone gone forever :D - cant wait!!!

Back