Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Earth calling bonkers, where art thou, do I need to come and hunt you down like you did me..... :) xx

I would like to know how you're doing too!

Love corned beef sandwiches with tomato ketchup! Have you heard of something called corned beef hash?? Not sure if that's a delicacy in Dubai lol xx

not a delicacy here but have had in the past - love it!

Where you hiding bonkers???? Hope your ok xx

Earth calling bonkers, where art thou, do I need to come and hunt you down like you did me..... :) xx

Im here Im here... was just super super busy at work ... all good but had no time to post.

Now I'm back!

Thank you for thinking of me :hug99:

Oohh that's interesting. Side effects of losing weight?? :p Glad you're feeling good tho. My body feels so heavy and sluggish when it's TOTM. Bleurgh!

it was an interesting side effect... I actually enjoyed looking in the mirror and seeing the bloat! :D

I would like to know how you're doing too!

Was just super busy at work... had no time to think.

did a 30hr straight shift wed/thurs. and thats on top of the 12-14 hrs days in the week preceding... ended up sleeping thru the weekend.

recovered (almost) now and back at work and back on minis :)

Didnt WI last Sun as I forgot.... and officially changed WI day to Thursday.

This is looking forward to CONSO and knowing that my celebration meal will mostly happen on the weekend so gives me the week to work it off :p

Saying that, didnt get to WI on thurs as I was at work from 9am Wed till about 12pm on Thurs! So tiring!

WI on fri morning at 79.8 kg!!!! So I am now below 80 kg and just 3 kg away from TW!!!! Also bring my total loss to 6.2 stone or 87 lbs! :bliss:

Another inch off my waist and half inch off my tummy... So happy :D.

A final note - had a wonderful cheat day on Fri. Ate Indian so loads of nan bread and curries :p Back on immediately Sat (PP).

Going to see what you guys have been up to...

xx

... and she's back!!! Glad to hear you weren't posting cos you were busy (as opposed to 'gone off the rails so let's hide' type which is what I do :D).

Great news about the loss, you're on the roll!

... and she's back!!! Glad to hear you weren't posting cos you were busy (as opposed to 'gone off the rails so let's hide' type which is what I do :D).

Great news about the loss, you're on the roll!

hahahaha... i know what you mean!

thank you and im off to eat corned beef now :D

Quick check-in - still here still on plan and exercise - but been STS for two WIs now! :mad: Disappointing, but going to monitor tolerated :confused:

On the plus side - walked into H&M and New Look - almost purchased a size 14 from H&M and 16 from New Look! Granted they must be the more larger of the sizes but whateva! I am soon going to fit into 16s proper!!!!

:bunnydance:

will be back proper next week... hope everyone is doing good!

I'm relieved too that all is still rosey in your garden... disappearances are usually for other reasons, so I'm "glad" yours was for work! (But how on earth do you keep going that long at work? That's crazy... and how do you figure out which day it is foodwise when working two days non stop?!!).

If you're starting to stall, could well be the TOTM but, if it continues, perhaps time to post some full day menus to see where things could be trimmed. Perhaps some of the things you were getting away with when bigger will have to go now that you're nearly into those smaller sizes! What a fabulous moment that is when you can get into smaller sizes!

Keep posting!

I like your plus sides! Forget about the STS, probably will catch up sooner or later. Didn't you say you've never been smaller than size 18?? Look at you, nearly in 14s!!! I take it you're still on cruise then and not moved onto Consol?

I'm so happy for you that it's going well :) x

Isn't that a bummer when the weight won't shift!?!!
Bet that was good looking at all those smaller sizes... Yeh!! WTG!!

Glad you're still sticking with it anyway Bonkers. :)

I was on top of the world!! :D

I'm relieved too that all is still rosey in your garden... disappearances are usually for other reasons, so I'm "glad" yours was for work! (But how on earth do you keep going that long at work? That's crazy... and how do you figure out which day it is foodwise when working two days non stop?!!).

If you're starting to stall, could well be the TOTM but, if it continues, perhaps time to post some full day menus to see where things could be trimmed. Perhaps some of the things you were getting away with when bigger will have to go now that you're nearly into those smaller sizes! What a fabulous moment that is when you can get into smaller sizes!

Keep posting!

TOTM not till next week :mad:

And with the overnight work - I just cut off at midnight and switched to PP/PV as required... My food filled up the little fridge we have in the office :p

I like your plus sides! Forget about the STS, probably will catch up sooner or later. Didn't you say you've never been smaller than size 18?? Look at you, nearly in 14s!!! I take it you're still on cruise then and not moved onto Consol?

I'm so happy for you that it's going well :) x

My adult life yes... I have been living in the ME for over 11 years now and since day 1 here have never bought anything smaller than 18!

However, I was smaller just before coming over here and was wearing tiny clothes then (college and just out of).

INTRO
I am unhappy... I think. Or confused.... or frustrated... I dont know what Im feeling :confused:

I know for sure frustration is part of it - not seeing the number on the scale change - and its those last few kgs!!!

PLAN OF ACTION

Scales!!!!
To rid myself of the frustration at least, I have come to a conclusion - I am moving on to Conso from 20 April. I have also asked my mum to hide my scales so no WI till 19 April (and I am going to accept whatever that brings). I need to bring cruise to an end. I just need to know that this part of my journey is over!

Food

On the food front, noticed a few comments on "carb creep" stalling weight loss while on Dukan. Although (as we all know) Dukan is not a Low Carb diet in the true sense (such as Atkins) - it does limit carb intake, inducing mild keto and therefore burning body fat stores.

What I have noticed (reviewing my last few weeks) I did allow myself a lot more tolerated items daily i.e. wheat bran and cocoa everyday). And since discovering Rhubarb (thank you Jo :)) the number of yogurts I ate doubled!

Basically, where I was doing less than 50g on a PP day and between 50-100g on a PV day (carbs I mean) - with the additional dairy and tolerated I was actually doing 50-100 on PP and over 100 on PV days!

So my plan for these last two weeks on Cruise - I have cut out yogurts completely. And no more weekday coffees. Going to try to limit them on the weekends as well - but no promises there - when I am out all day the easiest Dukan friendly food that fills me up is a large cappuccino! :p

So day 2 of my no dairy intake - yesterday was a PP day and I came in at under 30g carbs. Today is a PV day and I think I am going to end up at around 70g.

I stalk Vic and her friends :)D) on the Atkins subforum and have learnt a little bit from them about maintenance - increasing carb content till weight loss stops and knowing thats your limit. So in a way I am happy that this has happened to me. I know now that when in Conso and then Stab I will have to watch the carbs when required (hopefully never!).

Cappuccino
Oh, and instead of my daily coffee, I have started drinking green tea - if you knew me you would know that's as big a step as quitting smoking :eek:.

I am quite enjoying the tea... no complaints so far. Having like 5 cups a day... also hoping it helps with getting me out of the stall!

Exercise
This is a happy zone... finished Chalean Extreme yesterday! And I loved it so much that I am going to do it again with my sister (we start on the 20th).

Now this round I will be lifting heavier. The more research I do the more I realize that I cannot expect to gain muscle without eating enough food (i.e. calories)!

Therefore, a combination of moving to CONSO and increasing carb intake (and therefore calories) plus the addition of dietary fat (which also ups the cals) I am going to try and hit maintenance calories everyday to ensure that I gain enough muscle.

This is one thing I am seriously looking forward to - I want a lean muscly body and not a "skinny fat" body. Plus I hate cardio! So by doing the strength training and eating right I know I will change the shape of my body - it will take a long time, and I have over 400 days on Conso! - but I am committed to doing it. Its only working out 45-1 hrs three times a week and I have no excuses!

CONCLUSION
I needed to write this down (and vent a teeny bit) and I thank you for letting me do it here! :)

Last edited:
Plan sounds good! You've done so well so far, give the next two weeks a last push and then you can move forward. No more Cruise! x

Oh yea you've just reminded me, I might have to go back to the Atkins forums too and stalk, ahem, read up on stuff :p x

Sounds like your head is firmly in the game.... Particularly the fact that STS weeks are being acknowledged and shrugged off. It helps on my plan to remember the years of dedication it took to clamber up to 20st 5lbs (July start weight)..... This is nothing, and 400 days ahead is juuuuust enough time to get your head and heart right to live the rest of your life healthier, stronger and toned :D xx

Looks good from here Bonkers! At least the plan is do-able so I hope everything goes well for you and remember 400 days is quite a long stretch to wait for the ultimate success..but well worth the wait!

Sounds like your head is firmly in the game.... Particularly the fact that STS weeks are being acknowledged and shrugged off. It helps on my plan to remember the years of dedication it took to clamber up to 20st 5lbs (July start weight)..... This is nothing, and 400 days ahead is juuuuust enough time to get your head and heart right to live the rest of your life healthier, stronger and toned :D xx

I say 400... but think its actually closer to 500 (465 to be precise!). Dukan says 5 days for every lb lost! And hopefully come next week I'll be at 93lb loss :fingerscrossed:

It feels like forever but when i realize that I have been on Dukan for 229 days today and enjoying myself, its not as bad :D

Thank you for the vote of confidence guys... it needed the report writing to acknowledge the problem and get over it!

Plan sounds good! You've done so well so far, give the next two weeks a last push and then you can move forward. No more Cruise! x

You know what I'm looking forward to? Eating a curry with bread, or a sandwich. Just the thought of being able to eat real bread :drool:

Oh yea you've just reminded me, I might have to go back to the Atkins forums too and stalk, ahem, read up on stuff :p x

Atkins obviously works... and it is low carb. I do ignore foods such as flaxseed and some flours that is allowed on Atkins (dont want to completely jump of the Dukan cliff) but in the future working those items into my menus ... :confused:

Back