Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

There was always confusion on the original French site ref oat bran quantities as he says 'soupspoon' in French. Picturing a ladle(!), I reluctantly went to a shop and bought a few to be sure and still use them now. When 15g was mentioned later, it was quite a relief cos a heaped tablespoon would probably be loads more than that...

If you're struggling to add bread and fruit, where is err the Conso part of your menu? Hihi...

I picked up the book and still am still bewildered! My tablespoon and a half comes out at 12g (i pointed at my cereal and yelled at my DH "look at THIS, what is THIIISSS!!! Thats NOTHING" ) Then i read somewhere that Dr Dukan counts 1 tbspn as 15g sooooo much happier now. I'm sure the extra bran didn't hurt!!

:8855:

Personally didnt do cereals before Dukan so was happy that I had to eat only the tiny amount of bra... Now I enjoy it with a yogurt and some raspberries :p

On Thursday I had a 6" sub for lunch. No dressing just meat, cheese and veggies on wheat. I know that was stretching the bread allowance for the day but I soooo enjoyed it :D.

Then in the evening that day I had an Indian takeaway - curry and naan .... oooooo! It was delicious but my stomach is still making funny sounds :eek:.

Indian takeaway :cry::cry::cry: I want an indian takeaway, y'know what veggie food, seriously the big thing I crave at the moment is rice and channa dhal. You're doing great on conso!! I'd be interested to see how the increase in carbs goes for you? I'm rubbish, I eat carbs and thats it I go mental, envious of everyone who seems to do fine with adding them back in. I love bread.

I have dal planned for this weekend's celebration! I think I am going to end up eating Indian for every celebration meal :rolleyes:.

I cant wait for WI on thursday either... My scales are at my sis' house so I cant do my usual morning sneak peek :sigh:

There was always confusion on the original French site ref oat bran quantities as he says 'soupspoon' in French. Picturing a ladle(!), I reluctantly went to a shop and bought a few to be sure and still use them now. When 15g was mentioned later, it was quite a relief cos a heaped tablespoon would probably be loads more than that...

If you're struggling to add bread and fruit, where is err the Conso part of your menu? Hihi...

Vegetables! Everyday! Thats my conso (at least for now :eek:).

The thing is. I am not hungry. If I was hungry and was not eating the additional foods then I could question myself.

I portion out (guesstimate) enough protein to meet my goals and then rest from veggies, the fruit portion and a yogurt! And most days I will have had my tea (2 cups), yogurt, 1 tbsp bran, fruit portion and lunch (meat + veggies) by 11 am! And that keeps me going till around 6-7 pm when its either dinner or a couple of cheese triangles to silence the growling till dinner is ready.

Cant understand when to eat my bread allowance???

But I must say. Since Thurs celebration meal, I have had no "movement". There is a lot of pressure (sorry TMI) but nothing happening! I am going to take a laxative tonight as its gotten real unconformtable - but with the added veggies (raw baby spinach daily!) and fruits (not forgetting the rubbish I ate on Thurs) I thot there would have been no problems.

Any thots? :confused:

Bumbard (rhubarb) this helps xxx and are you still drinking plenty of Water bonkers?

Bumbard (rhubarb) this helps xxx and are you still drinking plenty of Water bonkers?

Eating rhubharb everyday. And have never had a problem with water. I love water. Go through about 6 bottles in the office alone (1.5l bottles).

It's frustrating why this still happening! :-(

I know its an awful feeling when you 'want to go' but cant, try an extra spoon on wheatgerm ?

A lot of people have their fruit and bread for lunch - cheese sandwich and apple. Simple and no need to think is the idea I reckon :) x

I know its an awful feeling when you 'want to go' but cant, try an extra spoon on wheatgerm ?

Ended up working till 3am and didnt go to bed till about 430! So forgot the laxative.

Last night, however, (and not going into detail ;)), it all cleared out :D. Such a relief!

Today is my weekly PP day so may be back in the same situ by the weekend ... let's see :rolleyes:

A lot of people have their fruit and bread for lunch - cheese sandwich and apple. Simple and no need to think is the idea I reckon :) x

When I read this, I imagined bread cheese and apple sandwich! I wonder how that would taste :p.

Apple I'm loving ... I hadn't eaten apples in years (even before Dukan) ... but now I finish one off in two bites (feels like) and want more!!!

I did eat my bread yesterday though. Had 3 fried eggs and toast with a bit of ketchup and a coke zero ... Weird I know but coke and eggs taste sooo good :D

WI in today ... and lost (wait for it) NOTHING!

Not bothered about it at all... glad I maintained despite celebration meal and the subway :p.

Did lose a half inch around my hips though (total loss 11.5 inches just on the hips) :D.

Got a movie planned for tonight - may end up eating popcorn and hot dogs as my celebration for this week ... don't know yet :D.

Mum's making me a "normal" meal tomorrow - going to use up my starch allowance (a cup of rice)... Gosh the little things in life eh?

Hope all having a great day xx

No loss but no gain and some fun stuff eaten so it's all good. Enjoy your meal x

Inch loss is better than weight loss! x

So ... Another goal ticked off!!!!!

Went shopping this weekend (had to as completely run out of clothes). Purchased 4 new tops and 2 pairs of jeans.

3 of the 4 tops in a SIZE 16 :woohoo: and both jeans in 16s as well!

And from 3 different stores. I'm counting that as I can fit into 16s :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:.

Can you tell how happy I am???

Had a breakfast "celebration" over the weekend. Went to IHOP and had the fried eggs with french toast and buttermilk pancakes. I know that don't fit in the rules - 1 starter, 1 main and 1 desert. But it was awesome!

Although I was stuffed, had my niece with us so ended up chasing her around the mall till lunch time came around. So no lasting effects of the celebration overload.

Going to try and have celebration meals for brekkie or lunch now and make sure my niece is around so I can digest my meal properly :p.

Oh Bonkers, that's FANTASTIC!!!!!!! :happy096::happy096::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm so happy for you! You are firmly in size 16 honey and what a well deserved result that is!

xxx

I bet you feel fantastic with those 16's. Who cares if the labels sticking out now hey? It's amazing to see that your goal in January was to fit into a size 20, what a great achievement! That breakfast is making me drool.........:p

Oh Bonkers, that's FANTASTIC!!!!!!! :happy096::happy096::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm so happy for you! You are firmly in size 16 honey and what a well deserved result that is!

xxx

Thank you Bev... I don't know if you have read my previous posts, but I moved onto the next stage of the diet without actually making true weight (or target).

Had started to despair that I would never get smaller. Two weeks ago I was trying on Size 14 and 16 H&M and New Look tops (they fit) but were those large sizes that are meant to be worn loose but end up being fitting on me :rolleyes:. So I am happy to be getting into the regular 16s :D

I bet you feel fantastic with those 16's. Who cares if the labels sticking out now hey? It's amazing to see that your goal in January was to fit into a size 20, what a great achievement! That breakfast is making me drool.........:p

I feel fabulous!!! I have never been one to wear sleeveless or really short sleeves - but 2 of the blouses are sleeveless! And I'm wearing one today and loving it :D.

Have been dreaming about those pancakes - this is the first time I am actually tempted to cheat :p.

Was thinking of going again this weekend, but remembered a bday brunch on Fri - see your thread for details :p.

Hehehe someone's VERY happy! I'm so happy for you, must be a great feeling!

You're still not eating bread? I thought you couldn't wait? lol

Are you doing everything else Dukan Consol rules?

I don't think the oatbran allowance of 0.5T matters that much at this stage.

I bet you're going to continue shrinking :D x

Congratulations on being a size 16... I think that's a size readily available in all shops which is which a joy after having been restricted to certain shops only. Well done x

Hehehe someone's VERY happy! I'm so happy for you, must be a great feeling! You're still not eating bread? I thought you couldn't wait? lol Are you doing everything else Dukan Consol rules? I don't think the oatbran allowance of 0.5T matters that much at this stage. I bet you're going to continue shrinking :D x

Hehehe. I am I am.

Although not been feeling great (sitting at home in bed). Not gone to work. The weather decided to mess around (went from very hot to cool and really windy) and that always gets to me :-(.

This is week 3 on conso. I have eaten bread three times so far (not counting celebration meals) - so once a week! I was saying earlier - just don't feel hungry! Eating fruit religiously (nice sweet treat) but I have gotten so used to eating meals without bread or rice that I can't fit it in. I'd be overeating if I did :p

Back