View my progress shots

chicken on a mission

Restarting to lose 4stone
Hi Everyone :)

I just wanted to let you know that I uploaded my progress shots into the gallery. I have added comments to each photo so you know exactly what you are looking at and how I feel about it.

I have sorted them into the right order too so that a slideshow will give you the relative comparisons.

Beware, they are swimsuit shots :eek:

Enjoy :D

I give up, I thought I had 6 photos in my file but it appears I have 8. I'm confused and I have had enough. I'm off and will come back and have a look again later :(

Scrap that, it's ok after all - just go to my album and view as a slide show :rolleyes:

WoW!!! Congratulations and very well done, they are inspirational.

Chicken On A Mission...Those photos are very BRAVE in a swimsuit, but you get away with it no problme as you do look good:)

Absolutely inspirational to see the transformation, you look now like a young girl...it has definetly took ten years off you.

I would not know you were this same person from the first photo to the last one.

You look very toned, so how much weight have you lost to date in those photos???

And what is your exercise plan...tell all your secrets!!!

Love Mini xxx

WOW

you look fab...a big congrats to you..you must feel great

i have 47 days left on LL so im hoping to be in the 11's by then (currently in 14's :( )

im not as brave as you though with the pics !!!

:D

WoW!!! Congratulations and very well done, they are inspirational.

Chicken On A Mission...Those photos are very BRAVE in a swimsuit, but you get away with it no problme as you do look good:)

Absolutely inspirational to see the transformation, you look now like a young girl...it has definetly took ten years off you.

I would not know you were this same person from the first photo to the last one.

You look very toned, so how much weight have you lost to date in those photos???

And what is your exercise plan...tell all your secrets!!!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks mini :D

I take it you mean I look good in the progress shots rather than the starting ones ;)

I'm only 33 and even with all the weight I used to wrestle my daughter and run round playshack with her which is more than most mums would. :( Now she asks me to stop rather than me needing to.

I am just shy of losing 4 1/2 stone since the first shots were taken and have my fingers crossed for my new weigh in evening of Monday as that is when my 100 days of the foundation stage are up and I would really like to make it a nice round 4 1/2 stone loss :)

Technically I COULD say that I am already there as the start weight was determined at 9am and we all know how different we can weigh by 8pm :p

I'm just under 12 stone at the mo (evening weigh in fully clothed) and am 5ft 7 inches.

As for my exercise plan...well I plan to specifically exercise and don't tend to get round to it :eek:

Because of this I am a great believer in just increasing your daily activity (I don't like the word exercise as it implies that you have to think about doing it) so that you don't even have to think about going anywhere specific and it isn't seen as work.

I love my pedometer and have worked on trying to increase the number of steps I take each day and working them into my daily routine. For instance when I do the ironing I will take up each persons clothing seperately to put away or park a touch further away than I would normally do. Those couple of minutes here and there really add up to make you naturally fitter without the need to feel guilty because you couldn't be bothered to go down the gym again.

It will help when my daughter starts at infant school because although it is only a 1/2 mile walk that equates to 2 miles a day :D

I try to use the resistence band that LL gave me too and concentrate on toning the areas I most have a bee in my bonnet about that week :rolleyes: I haven't managed that much in the past week but I have been taking my 4 years old out on her new tag-a-long bike for long bike rides so it doesn't matter if the pedometer or toning isn't happening if I am being active.

I just try to join in more with life although being sat in front of minimims all day isn't helping me much today :rolleyes:

Lastly I can't stress enough the importance of trying to get your head in the right place. Not only will trying to work through your demons help with losing the weight, it will also help with keeping it off. I place as much importance in my blog with each new discovery about myself as I do each lb that is lost.

I am looking forward to starting management in 6-7 weeks time but I don't expect it to be easy :(

Here endeth the first lesson :eek:

WOW

you look fab...a big congrats to you..you must feel great

i have 47 days left on LL so im hoping to be in the 11's by then (currently in 14's :( )

im not as brave as you though with the pics !!!:D

Thanks groovy :D

I have never been embarressed about my body, just self delusional!

Even at my heaviest which must have been over 18 stone I was never put off from taking my daughter swimming and running round the garden with her.

I tried going horse ridding again in March of this year at 17 1/2 stone. I nearly didn't start again in the first place because I couldn't find anywhere with a horse to accomodate my weight :( When I did start going I only lasted 4 lessons because the last time I had ridden regularly I was about 9 1/2 stone! I quite simply could never hope to get back to standard I used to be because of the physical limitations of my body. :(

Now I can't wait to go back to that riding school 6 1/2 stone lighter and really ride Malcolm (that's the horses name before you all start sniggering) and let him know that I am in charge this time. Doing a lap of the school stood in stirups should be as much of a problem whereas before I could only manage a couple of paces.

Hi Chicken On A Mission,

Thanks for a very informative post and I can see how determined you have been and still are.

Again, you have found a way to exercise that suits you and on top of that it is working and this is what it is about.

No point in having one day at the gym and not going back again and letting the guilt build...that is soul destroying.

I have discovered from my new pedometer that I am not doing enough walking:eek: I have not managed to get above 4,500 as yet, seem to find one excuse after the other.

I have no right routine at the moment and I know this is part of the problem.

I know for myself even the light toning does make a difference to my body...

Well done, you look mighty and keep doing what your doing for it shows:)

Love Mini xxx

Wow - well done you! :D

Back