Visitors coming...ideas?

BeeBeeSee

Gold Member
So I'm having two friends come and stay with me for a long weekend end of May and now it's suddenly dawning on me that I'm on TS of course and they will be staying here and I would feed them like you do with visitors :D
Now I don't want to, under any circumstances, crash and fall off the wagon and struggle ten times harder to get back on than it was starting in the first place. But they'll be staying with me so any ideas on how to handle it?
Should I just tell them straight, look guys I'm on a diet so I'm not gonna have food with you?

Yes absolutely, I would tell them what you're doing and explain it to them. And if you get negative comments about these kinds of diets (which seem inevitable) dont listen to them and give in. Ask them what food they'd like and you can still feed them, you just dont have to partake yourself. I quite like cooking for my daughter these days, even if I'm not eating anything.

I have my mum and her partner and my best friend plus hubby and kids coming for a BBQ on monday, while I feel so strong now I pray I am as strong on the day

Thanks yes I'll do that. I have told a couple of people about doing Exante now because I often spend whole days with others in the car and having lunch breaks etc it's unavoidable that they notice me munching on a bar only. So I just kept it really light hearted and said after doing some research I found these amazing protein bars that are packed with nutrients and they make a great lunch and help me lose weight. And then change the subject. So far no negative response. :)
It's gonna be a bit different having people stay at my house. But I think I'll handle it similarly. Just smile and tell them I'm on a great diet and what do they want for dinner ;)
No need to launch into big explanations.

its your life, your decision hun, don't be ashamed to say you are doing exante, just explain how much it is helping you regain control over food and your weight
Also feed them chicken cos you can have a bit without feeling bad xx

Your friends will hopefully understand that your doing this for a healthier happy you in the future and If they don't make them get their own dinner... Haha

Your friends will hopefully understand that your doing this for a healthier happy you in the future and If they don't make them get their own dinner... Haha

Haha, very good idea. Might bear it in mind hehe.

or serve them the tomato soups yuk, tell them it's a special new luxury brand ha ha ha

you could really get them back and torture them with the banana shake for pudding :9529:

I love the banana shake too! It's delicious!

I'm going to order a pack of shakes this week for some variety, I've had the winter warmer pack so far with porridge, carbonara and bars. And I must say I do fancy the shakes, quite looking forward to them now.

I think the deals of the packs are good but with everyone liking different things they are a bit pants - i always just pick my own and go for porridge, shakes and pasta! have you tried the shakes at all yet bee?

No I haven't tried the shakes yet. I had them on Lipotrim which was only vanilla and chocolate and they were tolerable with coffee. I'm actually quite excited now about getting the shakes selection too, looking forward to that. Something a bit different.

i bet!! i love the shakes lol! although i shake like mad to make sure they arent powedery or anything!

Did you not have the strawberry one on LT? I only liked the chocolate and strawberry ones on LT, I couldn't stand the vanilla one!

These shakes are SO much better! They are thicker and actually taste like the flavor it says on the packet. I use a small blender to blend mine up with some ice. Yum. :)

Back