Vlcd on channel 5 news

Wasn't the concept of VLCD invented by hospitals/medical nutritionist types in the first place?

I have to say, the whole 'diet and exercise' thing is of course brilliant if you have a small amount of weight to lose, and I do of course subscribe to it as a healthy lifestyle choice when the weight is off. It won't work for me at present, for innumberable reasons that we all know and don't need repeating!

I have to say I think a lot of the negativity that surrounds VLCD is to do with the fact that it is 'hardcore' - and eating/food is such an integral necessity in our lives that to do without is completely incomprehensible to some. Its a bit like giving up breathing - just 'can't be done' and thus is wrong, etc.

Ah well as long as I know its my own educated, reasoned and well thought through choice, nobody else's opinion matters a damn.

Amen to all of that, I know food is an addiction for me, I eat because I can, not because I need to and I had got to a point where I knew the only thing that could stop me was to break the addiction and re-establish a proper eating pattern. I am only in the early stages but it is working for me and that is what matters.
B xx

well we know it works and that we have suffered bad side effects!

it's funny that these people will send people to have gastric bypasses and that can only have a very restriced diet after surgery no way have all the nutrients and vit on this diet!

sorry meant we HAVEN'T suffered side effects xxx

Back