Vlcd question?

TheOnlyWayIsDown

Hi,

I have been reading up, mainly to pass time, on vlcd's in general.

I seems any diet under 800cal is considered a vlcd and that over the same length of time, someone who has 600 calories will lose same amount of weight as someone who haf 800. Out of interest, if someone had 4 packs a day plus protein would that majorly effect weight loss? I'm confused now as lipotrim/slim and save etc seem to have better weight loss than say atkins? So i thought the actual liquid/meal replacement had a place in making weight loss quicker. Or have i been reading alot of tosh? Lol

Atkins has a slower rate because ur eating proper meals with higher calorie content. The whole point of a liquid or meal replacement vlcd is that they can pack the nutrients ur body needs to stay alive into a super low amount of calories. The protein plus low calorie content will put you into ketosis, which subdues hunger pangs, allowing most people to successfully follow a vlcd for an amount of time.

On most regular diets, most people lose the same amount of weight on all of them. You lose more on a vlcd just because the calories are half that of a regular weight loss diet. Your still gonna lose a huge amount on 800 cals a day, the difference between that and 600 won't be that much at all.

Thanks, i wish i never started reading them now lol so many conflicting "articles" x

I used to lose more weight when I was having between 500 and 600 calories per day than I do now that I've stepped up to 800. The difference is up to 1lb a week.

You know, I have to kind of backtrack on wot I sed earleir, becauuuuse when I did exante for 3 days, I lost quite a lot of weight, altho it was probs nearly all water. But i've been having 5 packs a day of slim and save or 4 plus a meal, because that's the recommnded amount for men, and I swear to god, i feel like ive barely lost anything this whole week so far. Maybe there is a big difference after all!

Back