WannabeSkinnyMinnie's Fat to Fab Diary 2013

I'm going to make more effort! I'd like acrylic nails doing in a couple of months. Mine are bitten stumps! My roots really need doing so il do them soon, and I need better skin. Will get a nice moisturiser, do you put it all over the body? Does it make a difference? I just ignore anything below my neck really, and I'd like to look after myself more xx

Re: January to July Challenge! 5- 6 stone to lose!! Here we gooooo!!!

After doing this we deserve to look after ourselves!! With nails etc...
I normally use a different moisturiser for face and body because my skin is quite random in terms of breakouts and i have a firming one for body. Though i havent done my body since earlier this year. Just found I was having to use loads because of how much body I had haha so going to start using it again when I have less body space lol!! Xx

Re: January to July Challenge! 5- 6 stone to lose!! Here we gooooo!!!

Ps it does help with affects of aging I tjink any my skin has improved sunce using clinique moisturiser xx

I've been using a night cream and day cream out of aldi recently and found my skin is so much softer for it. Also remembering to scrub my makeup off at night has helped loads! I've got prescription cream for spots as I get slight acne. I use soap and glory the righteous butter for my body, just slather it on all over as it smells lovely and keeps my skin soft xx

I'm makeup obsessed, makeup and jewellery have been my go-to treats for a long time since they dont depend on your dress size. I've got enough makeup here to start my own business lol. I even got asked to do my sister in law's makeup for her wedding, which turned out great but was really scary. I used to be one of those people who'd never leave the house without makeup on, but turning 40 made a huge difference to my life, I made the decision to stop caring so much what people think about the way I look. I dont use any makeup most days now, go out in my glasses rather than always in my contact lenses, and I even tie my hair back, which I never ever ever did in public. I look the way I look, I dont have a man to impress, nor do I even want one anymore, so it doesnt really matter if I dont look amazing every day of the week. I still make the effort if there's an occasion but on a day to day basis, well I dont care anymore.

Another pale and interesting person here :D
I agree with you Jael.... the leather look is soooo ageing !
I end up getting prickly heat if I go in the sun too much. Although, to try and help this, in the past, I woul go on a few sunbeds before a holiday in the sun. It seemed to help. And
I could never be a tanorexic ! It takes for ever for me to achieve any kind of colour.... other than pale blue :p
:)

sunbeds terrify me, I used to use them a lot and now I have horrible age spots on my face from it, 2 small ones on my cheek and one on my forehead, as well as another larger discoloured area on my cheek, all from sun damage from them :( The damage those things can do may not be seen immediately but it's nasty and not natural. If you want a tan, stick to spray tans or fake tan, it's not worth the longterm damage.

I agree, used to use them a lot when younger but have not used one in years... Stick to my st moritz... :) xxx

All this talk of summer dresses and tans is making me realise just how many happy skinny minis are going to be hitting the beaches this year.
I am not a sun worshiper and although I have had several holidays in Africa and the Carribean I stay in the shade and have never had a tan. I am a definite milk bottle but a couple of years ago I had a skin cancer removed from my face. The consultant said it was skin damage done when I was a child. So beware, fake tan is the way to go especially if you are like me and have fair skin.
Llydl's moisturiser has won many best awards and it is very cheap. I do not use body lotion at all and stop the face stuff just on the decollage ie top of chest.
Mere x
PS lets all keep our fingers crossed for lots of good weather this summer to let us show off the new bodies :D

Sun beds terrify my, I'd never use one, I'm too conscious of cancers etc. plus, I had moles all over which seemed to pop up during my pregnancies, which is odd in itself and worried me!

Im not a big fan of the sun really and tend to stay in the shade too, but this year I will be out wearing nice things in it :D Although I won't be sat out in it, not for long, my eyes are like pee holes in snow from the brightness and I get too hot and bothered hehe.

I want to get a seating plan with a huge canopy for the back garden ready for when we'll be out there. The girls have a mini park and water park out there with all their things! We're always out there in Summer but I tend to stay by the wall. Would be nice to sit down and relax but be covered by a canopy :) xx

That sounds like a good plan ED. Just hope we get the weather!
Mere x

God I hope we get the weather this year. More than 2 years ago I had my garden completely redone. It was a jungle of brambles and rotten decking that was there when I bought the place, so I had it all gutted and a new patio laid and new grass etc. Well we haven't had a decent summer yet where we could actually use it. I didnt sit out once last year, not even once. We did go away for 2 weeks in August on a cruise, but unless that was the only summer there was, the rest of the time the weather was awful.

Hi Minnie, how is your day going hun? hope you have a fab day.

Your right guys, it’s not worth the risk. I’d stick to fake tans any day! I don’t like sitting in the sun anyway- end up hot and sweating…lovely!

Mere- we will all be there post exante parading around in our cotton dressed with our fabulous arms and legs on show :D Sorry to hear about your skin cancer, my dad went yesterday to check a patch on his back and is going back to get it tested. He spends so much time in the sun and always have done- he has a permanent reddy skin tone come winter or summer! I’m constantly white and have never spent long amounts in the sun.

ED I’m the same as you- give me the shade any day! I get soo hot and bothered!

Jael- I hope you get a lovely warm summer!

Hey Harry, had a really good day! Thanks :D What about you?

So went to school dressed as a white rabbit! Will post a pic! The kids all looked fab and the teachers not too bad themselves! Haven’t got a whole body pic but you’ll have to make do with shoulders up :p

Have a PTA meeting later so catching up now.

WI tomorrow- exciting!

Hope you’ve all had a great day!

OOPS here's the piccie :D

20130307_074200.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the white rabbit. Good luck with the WI tomorrow. :)
Mere x

Mere I forgot to attach it in first post so did it in another above yours :D Didn't have anyone to take a full body pic of my outfit- prob for best but I did have a cracking little clock attached to me! xx

I love your picture. You are such a beautiful girl even with rabbit ears. :D
Mere x

Ahh thanks Mere your too kind :D Haha I did feel a wally driving to school with my face paint on :p Especially going past workmen- cringe!

Back