Wannabslim's Atkins diary- day 3

Dear all, I’m new to this site although I have been sneakily reading the threads for weeks and find it really interesting. It’s grand to hear what real people think and do about losing weight.
I have had a belly full of the opinions of people who don’t need to loose weight or have never been on a diet. I’m sick of hearing those people saying just eat less and move more like I’m a great big blob who just sits around eating cream cakes and that includes my GP!!
The fact is that I go to the gym 4 times a week to do a spin class followed by a pump class seems to go over there heads.

Anyway I’ve not come on here to moan to you lovely people but for some advice.

I’ve been on the Cambridge for 2.5 weeks now. I lost 7lbs in week one. 3lb in week two (I had a cold and had to resort to the odd sugary cold remedy). I get weighed again on Sunday but feel that I have lost something. I did SS week one, tried to do it week two and this week I’ve been trying to do SS+ but have only been managing 2 shakes – been told off for that one!

I am due to have a hysterectomy on the 1st July and would love to loss another stone by then.

I have done the Atkins in the past quite enjoyed but missed bananas...yoghurts….apples…grapes etc. Having said, that I did do it for many months with a 3 stone weight loss. The weight loss was slower than with the Cambridge though.

My question is what do folk suggest that I do for the next 3 weeks to help me get there? x

Hi hun you really need to post this on a separate thread as this is my diary so you wont probably get many responses! Welcome though! I do a fair bit of exercise too and found that until I was in ketosis I never really lost any weight, largely, I think, due to muscle gain. I would try and stick with CD hun as it is dead reliable but if you really can't cope then by all means give Atkins a go as you will be in ketosis on it too, and you obviously have been successful with it before. Some people do find that they can't do it a 2nd time around though so think it through carefully.

Good luck
xxx

Hey wannabslim! Arr i am so glad you've decided to get back on it...smart move to do it after the party too! I think doing a whole new way of eating you have to not just prepare your cupboards etc for it, but you have to know your really ready for it. I've certainly found that having those low carb (but not Atkins) few days before starting it properly has really taken care of my cravings...except for a proper cup of tea!! ooohhh i'd love one! haha, the good news is that i can have my alpro soya light milk as its only 0.1 carb per 250mls so i can drink my decaf tea with my milk and still count it but it's hardly anything...yeeey! :D

Another yeey for me has been that finally...in day five...my ketosis strips are pink! they were even dark pink after dinner this eve!
:happy036: So at least i know it's starting to work. I have'nt weighed myself yet...think i'll wait till at least a week is up before i get on the scales, but hopefully all that water weight will have gone and any weight loss i do see i know will be fat eh?!

Make sure you keep in touch over the next few days wannabslim! You know you can do this...look how much success you've had already (rather jealous it must be said! hee hee) also i need someone to keep me going!!

I tell you what though, i am finding it hard to measure all my net carbs...like the book says you can have 250gms of loose salad and then another 80gms of veg if you want...but how many net carbs is that??!! And what does that leave for the likes of sugar free jelly, cream cheese and stuff?! Most confusing!

Anyone any tips?! I know i gave you my menu before but i just want to check i'm getting my quantities right:-

today i had:

B - 2 x eggs scrambled in sesame oil with tin of john west sardines in tomato puree (2g carbs) = 2

S - 2 slices of bacon, 2 poached eggs, handfull of cooked mushrooms (about 3 g carbs??!!) = 5

L - 65gms of loose salad, 4 raddish, bit of cucumber (prob about 4 gms carbs?) with loads of mayo - full fat - and smoked tuna fillets in sunflower oil (o carbs) = 9

S - 4 rolls of ham

D - Pork steak with green salad, loads of mayo again, soy sauce to garnish and 50gms mozerella ball (together about 5 gms carbs) = 14

i had two decaf coffee with sweetners = 16

a sugar free jelly = 17

Does it look like this is right?! Thing is i'm weighing stuff but dont know how to convert weights into bloody carbs...what the heck is
:airquote: half a cup or one cup :airquote: in our terms??!! haha!

Right im off to bed to have a long lie in!!

Lots of love and encouragement.
Gwenxxxx

Morning Gwen hun!

I'm afraid I'm as much of a novice as you when it comes to knowing the carb content of salad, so to be perfectly honest I just estimate. Most of what I eat on Atkins is 0g carbs so that usually leaves 20g completely for salad, and I don't think I eat enough of the stuff to make up 20g carbs... my attitude is that if I go over 20g carbs with salad alone then I will still be in ketosis (some people are in ketosis over 50-60g carbs) and its healthy stuff and the only place we get our fibre from... so thats how I deal with it.

Your menu sounds brilliant hun, can't see a problem with it. Just be aware that if you are having mushrooms and salad you will not be allowed as much salad.

So, today and tomorrow are my last 2 days on a non-diet. I used up a lot of my frozen stuff this week so that it can't be there to tempt me (plus it meant I didn't have to shell out for a load of stuff in the shops when I switched over from Atkins), and only have a few fresh bits left which I will use up over today and tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the lbs falling away again and because its my last week on placement this week, once that's over I won't have anyone telling me I shouldn't be dieting (my boss and his boss are both so mean about it), so I can get on with it without constantly questioning myself.

Am also going to get on track with my exercise next week as have let slip the last 2 weeks due to uni work demands, but its the race for life in exactly a month tomorrow and I need to get training pronto!! Might start road running as well to get a feel for it.

I have enjoyed my little break (and I think my digestive system is thanking me for it). I got on the scales this morning and they showed 13.1lbs, which means since coming off Atkins I have gained 2lbs, which I don't think is too bad as it's probably water weight/glycogen anyway, which should come straight off + some when I restart. Still fitting into all the clothes I did at 12.10 so that's something! There's 2 weeks til the end of June, and am hoping for 5-7lbs in week 1 and 3-4lbs in week 2, so if I can do that hopefully I might see a loss of between 8-11lbs, which would take me to below 12.7 and only 1 and a half stone to go to get to goal :D :D how amazing would that be!? My lowest weight since I can ever remember, even on CD! Woohoo! So, I WILL do it!!

Am off to work from 11-6 and will probably not be about later as am possibly going out tonight (to enjoy myself!) but will no doubt be around tomorrow.

Have a good day xxx

have a great night hun, see you tomorrow xxx

hi dancing,

well I am sort of sharing cambridge shakes with atkins, although weight loss not fast it seems to be heading in the right direction!

By the way I start my course on tuesday, not only doing head massage but opted to do full holistic body as well, its quite intense and have my theory and practical exams in October. Hope my brain is up to it! especially the anatomy and physiology!,

good luck with next week also

sue
xx

weeeelll i bloody well went and weighed myself didn't i?!! Hmphf! Its day 6 and i thought i must be showing SOMEthing off by now, so i hopped on the scales first thing this morning and nothing...not one single pound...or half pound even...has come away from this stubburn body of mine!! I can't believe it! :sigh:

I've been doing everything right, been on track, not slipped up once

Hmmmm

Gwen xxx

Aww Gwen hun, don't be disheartened, although I can imagine how you must be feeling!! Drink more water, steer clear of caffeine and make sure you arent having too much salad, but if you are now in ketosis the weight will be falling off in no time. Just stick with it sweet and you will get there!

Dancing, hey, hope you are feeling a bit better? I know how you feel bout looking at others' progress and comparing it with your own, I do that too!

Am looking forward to Monday now :) totally ready!
xxx

Just read your shopping list all sounds yummy. Just wondered if it was ok to have a small handful of nuts as a snack? im using weight loss resources to keep a check of the grams of carbs eaten x

Im going to go and see if I can get the atkins book tomorrow i think sorry to pester you x

dont worry hun :) there is quite a lot of info on this forum on stickys and things which you may find useful in the meantime. I have never bought an atkins book and have done it using the internet alone! prob is a good idea to buy it if you can tho x

Well, its day 1 of my restart and the scales say 13.3, so I have 2st 1lb to get to my healthy BMI. Not too bad I suppose.

Have just had my breakfast- an egg done in the microwave with a slice of cheese melted on top and then rolled into a sort of wrap, yum! Oh, and the all important glass of water.

Am looking forward to getting back into ketosis but not the process of withdrawal which I will probably go through.

Off to work in a sec, am taking a salad with me for lunch and a few snacky things. Am determined to do today 100% :D its a lovely sunny day and it reflects my sunny outlook on life right now. Although my throat is killing and I'm not sure if it will develop but it seems to have got worse overnight so I expect a cold is on its way. Whoop whoop :(

Righty then, off to work. See you all this evening!
xxx

well done hun, hope you dont go down with anything:(.

Hun, look at my thread and see what you think!

sue xxx

Evening everyone!

Well today has been a success! :D have probably not drunk enough water yet (about 1.5l so far) but will have more tonight, need to make sure I get at least 2l in if not more!

Foodwise I didn't have time to make a salad so I grabbed a few mini peperamis, a couple of cheesestrings and 2 slices of corned beef and had that instead. Didn't have lunch so much as snacking when I felt hungry and I felt good for it- no bloatedness, no feeling I had eaten too much, and it was all tasty. So thats good in my book.

Tonight I am going to have large mushrooms stuffed with cheese, served with spinach. Yummy! And just had a little smoked salmon with onion and garlic dip. Again, yummy!

I do love Atkins! Not sure how quickly I will see the effects but hoping it will be soon and I will have a good loss as its my 'first week' and all.

Still have a very sore throat (have been drinking hot water all day which helped and had a few olbas blackcurrant throat pastilles as they have no sugar in) and my glands are up. Have a headache too which I took some paracetamol for but it didnt seem to help. Sinus' are ok at the moment although were bad earlier so had some sudafed nasal spray and that sorted me out good and proper. Recommend it if you have blocked sinus'!! Hopefully it wont develop any further. My boss said it might be hayfever but when I used to get it I never had a sore throat or headache, just a runny/blocked nose. Has anyone else ever experienced a sore throat with hayfever?

So I am now snuggled up in my duvet in my PJs in front of Hollyoaks and its doing me the world of good :) hopefully will get an early night tonight and then maybe I will feel well enough to go to Pilates tomorrow! :D

xxx

Hi everyone,

Have posted on my main diary over on Members Only but thought I better fill you guys in on my progress too. Have had another successful day today and managed to resist the temptations of assorted cakes and sandwiches this afternoon that were delivered to our office by the office next door who had loads left from their meeting at lunch.... swiss roll, angel cake, jamaica ginger cake, all kinds of yummy sarnies, and I said NO THANKS :D :D so pleased with myself. I had a couple of thai green chicken skewers which I figured would probably be no carb and they were yummy! It was good to be able to have something to eat when the others were partaking of the sweet goodies!

Still have a sore throat but still has not developed so I am happy! Going to go ahead with my plan for the run tomorrow evening (we are running the race for life route as a sort of practice run), am hoping I don't pass out halfway through!

How has everyone elses day been! I am so glad that day 2 is nearly over. Day 3 tomorrow and hopefully then I will be in ketosis... we shall see...

xxx

evening hunnie,

I've had a good day too, shake for bkfast, 2 small chicken drumsticks, s/f jelly for lunch and steak, 1 large mushroom & salad, also made a brandy cream sauce for steak, yumscrumscrum, also on 3rd litre of water, for me that is blardy brill!

well done hun, keep up the good work

sue xx

thanks hun! you have done sooo well, i havent managed to get enough water down me (again). Hoping its not going to affect my weightloss tooo much.

TOTM in a few days so not expecting a massive loss anyway this week, so I think what with that, not enough water and drinkies on Thursday i prob wont see an amazing loss, so if I think about it like that at least I wont be disappointed!

x

well, Ive got my wed anniversary thursday,birthday sat and large family get together at pub for lunch on sunday, WI on Monday lol, if I sts then I will be happy.

s xx

we certainly all do ROCK :O

xxx

Back