Wannabslim's Atkins diary- day 3

way to go hun, brilliant!!!!

sue xx

fantastic well done wannab!

Have messed up today. Thorpe park went horribly wrong dietwise and I now feel awful physically and emotionally. WHY?? Why did I let myself be convinced by my friends that carbing it for a day would be ok?! I don't feel OK at all :( I think I am now allergic to carbs :(

Never again.

Thanks Dancing hun, I think it was the donuts that did it!! Am feeling loads better now and have had a 100% good day today! Onwards and downwards, and I certainly learned from my experience! xx

Glad your feeling better, well done for getting straight back to it,
i hate falling of the diet, as once i do that i find it so hard to get back to it.......

Have messed up today. Thorpe park went horribly wrong dietwise and I now feel awful physically and emotionally. WHY?? Why did I let myself be convinced by my friends that carbing it for a day would be ok?! I don't feel OK at all :( I think I am now allergic to carbs :(

Never again.

Oh mate, sorry to hear it went wrong, but the great thing about it is the lesson you learnt. Now grab that eggs and bacon and back to it :hug99:

:) yep I have learned my lesson! I really did feel awful! Scales still haven't started shifting downwards, think I need to properly do 2 weeks full induction, maybe more, so currently am on day 2 of my 3rd attempt! Hopefully it will start shifting in the next few days! xxx

After SSing this diet should be a breeze....but its not is it!!!

Very strange isn't it. I'm on maintainance at the mo. Once out of ketosis I gained a few lbs and was really upset. I told myself it was glycogen and not to freak out over it all....it has since gone back down to the weight I was when I finished.

You'll do fine this time hun. Just keep thinking about Summer and those lovely strappy tops you'll be wearing.

You probably have what I call a carb hangover. I know feel crap after a heavy carb day when I've been in ketosis. Get straight back on the wagon hun. Your losses are fab on Atkins. Well done.

Good to hear your weight dropped down again Shazpaz

Thanks hun! I know we've both commented on other threads about scales and how it makes us feel when they go up or down. Its soooo silly, but I cannot help it.

Note to Sharon and Dancing....stop worrying about the scales.

Are you back on Atkins then hun or are you still doing SS?

Well today, day 2 back on the wagon, and I did good (I think). I say I think because I had dinner out at the pub and am not entirely sure whether it was as carb free as I had thought (it was mushrooms in pesto and garlic sauce)- it was actually a starter served with garlic bread but I asked for no bread and extra mushrooms and it filled me right up. I am only a little concerned as the sauce it was in was somewhat creamy (only a little) so am unsure as to the carb content.

For brekkie I had 2 eggs scrambled with cheese, lunch was a corned beef and bacon salad (lettuce and cucumber), and I have had no snacks and plenty of fluids. Hoping to see a loss of some kind tomorrow, but I know it will start falling off over the next few days so won't be disheartened if they are still the same.

Sharon, you are right to an extent about this diet being harder than SS as we have to have self-control and make good decisions about food, rather than ruling out any need to make decisions at all. However, for me I think I find sticking to this generally easier as it allows me to live my life with only a few small modifications- like I can still go out for a dinner, I just have to be careful. I also think it is easier because the effect that the diet has on me psychologically is much less damaging than that of a VLCD.

So all in all I do think Atkins is the perfect diet for me- it REQUIRES me to stick to it 100% as if I cheat I undo EVERYTHING I have been working for that week (which I am unwilling to do), so I find it easier to stick to on a daily basis, and it gives me similar losses to CD so it motivates me sufficiently not to cheat....

... granted I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times but generally it has been by people persuading me/circumstances where a low carb diet is almost impossible, and I don't plan on falling off again for a while (not after how bad it made me feel last time)!

So anyway, a good day and am happy. Roll on another day of being good tomorrow!

xx

Aww hun I know that fridge scoping feeling.... I do it many times a day only to get there and find cheese, eggs and bacon and think "ewww no I don't want that fatty cr&£" and end up going back to whatever I'm doing.

Granted, it does mean I end up eating much less than I would on any other diet... maybe thats why it works for me, cos I am actually consuming very few carbs!!

Good to hear you have some sort of plan hun, have been reading your diary thread this evening and am glad you have managed to stick with it. Shame about the cereal though, naughty Dancing!!

xx

Hey wanabslim, thought i'd creep in here on your little blog too! hee hee, rather cheeky but i am new and if a few of us newbies share our daily menu's and success's it might spare us all on as mitten says? What do you say? :D

I have spent yesterday and today reading the books and trying to get everything in my head about it. The thing that worries me the most is the carb counting but i am sure, like anything, its something that become second nature. And what a relief to not have to count bloody calories or points all day long eh?! I am sure i was going calculus mad with Weight Watchers!! :p I'm hoping my first week goes well but i am in a quandry....

i go away tomorrow night for a friends birthday bash. :party0036: Do you think i should just do my best to stick to proteen and low carb but not actually start the Atkins Introduction until Monday when i can really focus on it and know i won't be drinking alcohol or anything? I really want this to work and i want to change the way i eat for good so when i do it i really want to do it properly and 100% so that it works 100%
:innocent0001: haha

What are people's thoughts?

Well Done Wannabslim on your 6lb loss so far! That is really amazing! Such a great motivation ... i'm gona go carry on reading my atkins book and get to grips with it a bit more.

It's going to help so much having this website to get advice and support from!

Love Gwen xxx

Hi Gwen and welcome- feel free to post on here anytime! I have actually lost 9lbs on Atkins so far (did lose 11lbs but my cheat last week set me back 5 and have only been able to get 3 of those off- 2 more to go!). It really is a fab diet.

If you are planning on doing Induction 100% then I recommend waiting til Monday but ideally low carb til then as it will make it much easier... just avoid fatty foods until you are properly doing Atkins. Allow yourself a few bevvies (not too many and ideally vodka and diet coke or some other white spirit as these are lowest in carbs and calories), eat sensibly, and start ready to go 100% on Monday. Thats my opinion anyway!

Good luck hun :) it will be good to have someone around to support and who who can support me!

xxx

Hey hun!

Had such a good weekend...lots of vodka was consumed but food wise i was actually quite good, ate a few high protein bars and bits of cheese. Then we had a bbq so i was able to eat bacon and chicken legs...all good i thought. Of course it wasn't Atkins but i think its settled my carb pallet so that hopefully i'll find the cutting down to 20gms a lot easier come tomorrow.

Well done on your loss!! Thats great news! And after only a week is that?! Keep it going it sounds like your defiantly doing the right things.

I can't wait to get started tomorrow and drop these pounds!! I'm just finishing off reading the book and getting the foods all sorted in my head whilst applying some aftersun! owch!
:character00238: This weekend weather has been amazingly hot, and i got all burnt but it made me more motivated so i would be able to wear little skirts and bikini's come a couple of months time!! :D

I was thinking about having Scrambled Eggs with smoked salmon and maybe a slice or two of bacon for breakkie tomorrow. For lunch a chicken or tuna salad and then for Dinner, some trout with a cup full (which is a 250mls measuring cup isn't it?) of veggies. Does this sound like its the right thing?

Also any tips on what snacks might be best as i tend to get nibbly at my computer desk...maybe some rolls of ham?

Also got a little workout routine planned...Cross trainer for 30 mins 3 times a week, walking for 30mins 5 times a week and resistance pilates (more intense than mat work) 3/4 times a week. Hopefully should give me a bit of a kick start along with the food :D

I'll let you all know how i get on tomorrow ... wish me luck!

Gwen xxx

Blimey hun thats a LOT of exercise!! And I thought i did a lot- are you realistically gonna be able to sustain that though? It will eat up a lot of your time...

Well done on cutting down on the carbs, you should find tomorrow fairly easy and your menu sounds good hun, you seem to have picked up the right ideas from the book.

I am trying to do my essay without much success, am so hungry it hurts and have a headache (which I do blame on lack of food) so am going to eat something non-Atkins in a minute. If it has a big impact on the scales tomorrow morning then I think I will have to go back to it 100% but if not I may actually switch to a low fat diet and sorta alternate that with atkins every few weeks to keep my body guessing.

We shall see!
xxx

how you doing hun, miss your posts

suexx

Hi honey,

Haven't been following any diet for the past few days. Am planning to go back on next week altho am planning to have thurs off as its my work leaving do, just felt that I needed a week off to get all my flavour cravings out of the way, and am really enjoying it!

Hows you? xxx

Back