Wannabslim's Atkins diary- day 3

Hi everyone, am back and feeling much better now!

Unfortunately put on a few lbs by Friday but have been back on-track since Friday morning so have done 2 days back on the wagon and glad to be here I have to say! I prefer the wagon at the moment, not sure why but it works for me so who am I to complain?

The damage? 5lbs altogether, scales showing 13.2 this morning though I know much of this is probably due to glycogen/water and am hoping that by Monday morning will be a little nearer where I was on Tues! I would be happy just to be in the 12's although I would obv ideally prefer a STS week rather than a gain.

Still, it will soon start shifting again. Have got a fairly good week to look forward to altho lots of uni work to do :( my fault for being lazy today. Will just have to do double tomorrow to make up for it :( boooo I HATE UNI!!! Am so tempted to pack it all in right now and just go get a PR job as was the original plan!! Am going to Thorpe Park on Tues so will be quite hard to stick to plan that day, I may actually have to take a couple of Atkins shakes with me. Then its home for the weekend as Mike's at Butlins, but it should be fairly easy to stick to the plan tbh.

Its been very quiet on here the last few days, where is everyone? Is there anyone still here? xxx

Hi,
well done for getting straight back into it, i might have been tempted to "wait till after weekend",
I`m the same weight as you 13.2 and am so impatient to get to being in the 12`s, it seems like forever, i get so excited for my weighin`s every morning...lol

Oooh you are same weight as me? How tall are you hun? How long ya been on Atkins? xxx

Just a thought, but you don't have to take Atkins shakes with you. If there's a burger van, you can just get rid of the buns, that type of thing. :)

wannab where do you buy atkins shakes from???

i couldnt find them anywhere near me (cambridge)...

it will be a useful tool to help me when i get to maintenance as hate cooking eggs every day!!!!!!

thanks and loving the diary btw x

i`m 5,4.
Ive been doing Atkins for 4 days now, but am still having a SF shake every morn for brekkie, as i bought 2 months worth before reading about atkins.Doh.......

The only thing i`m finding hard is meals, as pasta/rice/potatoes used to be the bulk of my food, need something different to cheese omlettes...lol

Hi DQ, thanks for that, although burgers can be very high in carbs, I have so far only found 2 products with less than 4g carbs per burger and they are organic, expensive, high meat content... don't know if I would take the risk of a burger van one tbh, but thanks for the idea anyway!

Keeley hun, I get them from Tesco where all the vitamins are, as far as I know they have them in most largish stores as they had them in 2 others I went to as well.

Buffydog, well done on getting to day 4. One question, how many carbs in a slimfast shake? Cos that may be stopping you getting in ketosis- as far as I can remember they have a lot of sugar in, so that may be why you are missing all the carby things- cos you are still struggling with sugar rushes...

There are lots of things you can do other than cheese omlettes, check out the meal/recipe ideas in the stick at the top of the Low Carb main page, you will find things there to keep you interested.

xxxx

Yeah same, if I am going out to eat I have stuck to steak/gammon in original form so I know there can't be carbs in there! Think it may have to be an Atkins shake for lunch and dinner (will have a normal Atkinsy breakfast) x

There are 20 net carbs in a shake, but i only have half, or 1 scoop of powder, would like to give them up as they are too sugary and 1st thing in the morn make me feel sick....
But as i`ve got a cupboard full of them, i have no choice, other half would not be happy with wasting the money.
I am thinking of putting some on ebay. dont know whether they sell on their.

Any way with the 10g from SF i think i`m having around 20-40 carbs a day, so not too bad, i`ve lost every day so far, with 3lb just this morning :Dwhich i`m well pleased with.
Will check out recipes later.
Thanks

Wow thats fab hun! Better than I am doing at the moment- seem to have stalled for some reason after taking a few days off plan... any suggestions as to why the weight hasn't started shifting again? Have I missed my 'golden opportunity' or is it likely to start moving again soon :(? xx

In the book ( i`m a third through so far) it says carbs are stored for 48 hours so it can take this long for the diet to start working.
So you should be back on track tom:D

Thats good news, so maybe I will see a loss tomorrow! Have been 100% no carb except veggies today so hopefully will pay off! x

hi hun,

I so wish I'd kept on atkins after my 1 night off 2 weeks ago, Iwas doing so well, I now realise that the gain of 5lbs was glycogen/water.

Anyhow here we go again, am starting Atkins tomorrow morning for a week before I do ss(ing), I have my packs but have got my sisters hen do at Epsom racecourse ladies day and there is a champagne picnic, by doing atkins I can join in and just eat the meat with a little salad, then it should be easy just to use the shakes from the 2nd week, its my challange to lose 1 stone (hmmm) before my 49th birthday on mid summers night 21st June, fingers crossed.

I'm sure you'll be right on track for your goals hun xx

Sue xx

Aww welcome back hun, even if its only for a week it will be good to have you around! Good luck with starting tomorrow. I keep telling myself the gain is glycogen but its frustrating that it has set me back nearly a whole week!! :( :( but will battle on!

xxx

Sneakily hopped on the scales half an hour or so ago and they were showing a lb lighter than this morning... I normally weigh as much as 4/5lbs more in the evening than the morning, so is this a good omen? Are the scales now catching up? Will I be 4/5lbs lighter tomorrow and back in the 12's?? Seems unlikely but I can hope! End of week 2 (altho more like week 1 as have only done 4/7 days this week) WI tomorrow morning, fingers crossed! xxx

lol Dancing about atkins shakes...'treat with caution'!!!!

good luck with weigh in wannab. hope you are back in 12's!

xxx

good luck hun xxxxx

Waheeeeeeeeeeeey I am back in the 12s :D :D

Yeah I believe the Atkins shakes should not be used as a daily meal replacement, I only use them when I know I need some nutrition but there is no way I can eat anything else without breaking the diet- like being at Thorpe Park where everything is bound to be carbloaded!

xxx

Back