Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

I don't blame you! A 4 lbs difference is crazy! No wonder you have lost faith. I would go by yours first thing on a Monday morning, naked and use that. That is the most accurate i think anyway. As you have been weighing on and off all week I would be tempted to go by your WI today and ignore the 1.5lb gain (what a load of rubbish!). That's what I would do anyway :)

Sorry you are disappointed but it is not what you are doing so don't take it to heart. You are doing really well x

I wouldn't trust those scales either :confused:

I'm doing ww online. I use my own scales as I know they give the same results as those at my GP surgery. I weigh first thing in the morning as soon as I get up.

Hun, i once weighed myself before and after eating and the difference was huge!

Plus carbs tend to bloat you out so dont be too disappointed!

How annoying about the scales! Mine did that once and i wouldnt let the lady write my result in my little card until i was dead sure. One time they miscounted aswell so she put that i had gained and not lost and i didnt realise until i got home! Thats soo frustrating! x

I agree, don't go with their scales if they are that unreliable! One of the reasons you weigh more straight after a meal, btw, is that the weight of the food itself is still in your body as you haven't digested or metabolised it.

If you are happy your scales are accurate, then stick with your own and WI at home.

Evening chaps,

Well I am home from work having pondered on this matter for the day, and I have decided that I WILL WI on my scales from now on, first thing each Monday morning. I have also decided to substitute my Monthly Pass for an online subscription at the end of this month as I feel I know WW well enough now to be able to do it from home (and at a third of the price!).

I have eaten only 7.5 points so far today, and will be saving 2 to make up for the weekend. I shall also be earning approx 11.5 points this evening in activity points, half of which I will save for the weekend, the other half I shall bank and not spend.

So, time to announce my new WI results (as I am forgetting WWers results from now on) and the result is.... a 2lb loss :D yay! Which I am pleased with as that is a 3lb loss on my scales but a 2lb comparing with last weeks OFFICAL ww weigh in: Last week before I went to WI my scales were showing 12.6 and a half, altho WI said 12.5 and a half, so if I am going by my scales I guess that means I've lost 3lbs, but I'll say 2 so I can move straight across from official to unofficial WIs without too much confusion.

Have just got changed for PowerJam and pilates, went to put my tracky bums on and they are now too big!! I am going to wear them one last time tonight as I dont really have another pair suitable, and will get some new ones before next week! Tis a good feeling but don't think my bank will be too happy on all these new things I'm having to buy :D

So, feeling positive about my decision to leave the meetings behind. I will go back for the next 2 weeks until my subscription ends, and that'll be it :D home freeee! (but I plan to be just as strict with myself!)

Thanks for your advice chicas xxx

Congratulations and if you can manage to go it alone without the class I'd say great you do it. Had anyone else put on weight? Just thinking if there was a problem with their scales did other members have a similar problem.

Irene xx

A couple of ppl had gained who hadnt expected, and the same for a couple who lost....

Elegantriposte, my loss was on my scales in the morning... the WI official result was a gain of 1.5lbs... surely u cant mean that is a good result?!?

Off to gym now, back about 9 x

Oh, confused! I thought your WW was 3lb then your own scales were 2lb. Didn't see the post above it.

Last edited:
I am lucky I have a 11 am weigh in but I never even have a drink of water until I've been weighed on that day

I just think if i have something it won't be a true weight; the mind works in funny ways!

Irene xx

i used to do exactly the same! although i couldnt wait til 11 i used to weigh in at 9 cause otherwise i would be grumpy for having to wait for breakfast LOL :D

congrats on your decision to do WW online instead wannabeslim. Classes are really expensive and you have proved you can do this - so good luck and keep posting on here because i love reading your diary its really inspirational! :)

Rach x

well done on the loss (ur one!!!)
good decision bout the move to hope u have a good week hun oh and well done on the bottoms being to big haha great feeling isnt it xxx

Thanks guys for your support (and yep Catz it is a great feeling!), i will be relying on you guys to help me now I dont have a WW leader to ask things!

Just got back from the gym; my friend and I dropped out of PowerJam because it was just too hard. So we went and did a gym workout instead (we tried it for 30 mins but twas impossible!). Soooo I did 30 mins dance, and about 20 in the gym (burned 75cals on cardio machines then did some arm weights). Then did the hour pilates, so all in all not a bad nights work! Gonna work out the points in a bit. Right now I'm enjoying chicken with mushrooms from the Chinese! yummy!

xxx

Ok, so I've earned 9.5pts yayyyy :) gonna save them all as theres no way I'm going to need them tonight! Am only halfway through my chicken and mushroom and less than halfway through my prawn crackers and am full... So thats 4pts used and I have no room for anymore... and even saving the 2pts to make up for the weekend I have 6 left to use today!! Not sure how to use them.... I seem to have this problem quite a lot recently! xxx

god i dunno how i was always the opposite...didnt have enough haha do u eat a brekkie and lunch?

Great decision i think! We'll support you! I have managed 8 weeks with only you guys so you will be fine to. Fab news about the trousers and your points! I have just come back from aquafit.....and 50 min swin....shattered!

Enjoy your meal....sounds yummy!

Lol Catz, I don't always have this problem, mainly just on nights when I exercise, as I don't have time for dinner before I go, and by the time I get back its a bit late in the day for me to eat (I dont like eating right before bed). I didn't have much of a lunch today as didn't get time, but I had used 9 out of my 21 before dinner (2 being banked for the weekend) so it not like I didn't eat anything all day...

Ho hum, have had a mini galaxy (3pts) and gonna bank the rest for another day. No doubt I'll need them at some point, I always do!

Lea, well done on your exercise tonight! Didnt realise you were 'going it alone', altho I guess ur never alone when you have Minimins! You're doing well hun, keep it up!!

Am muchos pleased about all these trousers fitting me better (or not in the case of my now too-big tracky bums!). Was funny tonight, they kept nearly falling down hehe! Mike's taking me shopping tomorrow and is gonna buy me some new bits as a treat, cos he's seen how my shape is changing and thinks I need/deserve some new clothes :) yay!!

xxx

How nice is Mike!!! I need a Mike in my life! ha ha! How many points are in chicken and mushroom? Do you get rice with it? or just prawn crackers?? it sounds lovely!

Chicken and mushrooms come in a tray on their own, my Chinese place adds onions and garlic, and a gravy-like sauce. Thats it - no noodles, rice etc. as they are too many points and I get full just on the proteiny/veg dish. The dish is 3pts for the whole tray :D :D

Prawn crackers per bag are 5pts, I tend to only get halfway through before I'm full, which is 2.5pts.

Hope that's helpful hun, its become my regular Chinese meal of choice since joining WW!

PS Mike is lovely, I'm a lucky gal - and he has been encouraging me ever since I started dieting 2 years ago. I think now I'm nearly at goal (at last) he can see the difference in me and wants to reward me in non-food ways to encourage me to get to the end of the journey!!

xxx

Back